Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, June 24, 2005

Yes, well I decided to get a blog so as not to completely fill spampage

Also Stalkers come here. ;P

You know, it's surprisingly hard to find Das Phantom der Oper lyrics/libretto on the net. I mean I searched in English, I searched in German, I searched in German on yahoo.de and it's pretty damn hard.
Also I was ebaying and found I could get the DPDO Hamburg cast for, say less than A$20 p+h and everything. But I suspect it's used. And I emailed the guy saying (in German) Hi, sorry, I speak a little German, I live in Sydney blah blah, how much is the postage?. And he replied saying, roughly translated "You've got nothing to be sorry for, your German's very good!" Awwww... makes me want to buy a used CD even more. Problem is I need Paypal for it, and I gotta ask the owner of the credit card, Paypal being an American company and all, a tad worrying with the recent success of hackers.

I downloaded some DPDO songs, and Das Phantom der Oper sounds quite funny. Maybe it's the booming horror-like background electric keyboard and the rough '-ch' and definite consonant sounds in German? *shrugs* And maybe it's the guy who sings, but is it possible for him to sound creepier? I mean Michael Crawford *squeal* has such a lovely, soft, childlike voice, Gerard Butler: a much deeper even though he really does break several times in the song as well as distinctive struggling, Uwe Kroeger: sounds kinda, kinda sleazy. You'll know what I mean, I've got shivers going up my spine just listening to this.

Anyways.

Yes, I am up at this time coz I got up at like, 1350. Why you ask? Because I was waiting for these DPDO to download, we are GMT+10 and I suspect Germany's GMT+1.

8 witty remarks:

  • At 09:08, Blogger Ang said…

    Yay for new blogs! *dances*

     
  • At 10:46, Blogger Catie said…

    but why do you want phantom of the opera in german pun? why?
    woohoo! new blog! add to blog-checking fun... but now i will unfairly dominate spampage...

     
  • At 12:47, Blogger Minerva said…

    Because I wanna hear what it sounds like. And me, being POTO obssessed... well I understand German anyway, and it's easy to sing.........

     
  • At 14:33, Blogger Alicia said…

    Go Punny! Yay for another blog to check! hehehe...

     
  • At 14:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh, oh oh but there's nothing wrong with it... DPDO that is. I guess it's just an interest thing, not really worth the credit card details. Oh fine, I'll just download it. Cheaper anyway. ;)

     
  • At 17:55, Blogger Vivian said…

    mwahahahaha! I have got you all addicted to blogs!

     
  • At 23:56, Blogger Catie said…

    oh yeah, we know who to blame, don't think we've forgotten, we're just lulling you into a false sense of security and one day when you least suspect it and are innocently walking down a dark alleyway, then we strike...
    *BAM*

    hehehehehehe

    i need to finish this essay, don't i?

     
  • At 00:08, Blogger Minerva said…

    you know, I almost thought you were talking about an insurance company

     

Post a Comment

<< Home