Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 25, 2005

I really should be studying... ay?

But it's 0030 and noone in their right mind would be studying at this time right? Unless they had an exam the next morning (Thank God no). Or unless they're writing up an essay ;P

Has anyone recognised the song in the light blue of the blog? I'll give people 3 go's. No googling, or other search engines. Actually it's pretty easy to recognise, I mean just reading it off, I think Von nun an gibt es kein zurueck's harder.

Hmm... I'm planning on re-sorting my bookshelf/hazardly put-together library in the hols. Does anyone want to borrow a book before they get ebayed off? I gotta sell my Sara Douglass' Hades' Daughter trade paperback, since I've got the small paperback. Me being anal retentive and all like to have all the same series, in the same height, same cover design etc. Damn my anal retentiveness.
Then again there's nothing I really want to sell, save my clothes, I mean, I've got too many that I don't wear, or maybe tis the cold weather getting to me and my cupboardful of spring clothing. *sighs*. Must set up a bank deposit account. Saves me $2.50 with money orders, then again, how much is it per transaction? Leaaaach, oh Leaaach.

So Ang? When do your exams end? I've got all my music set into folders so you gotta either come with your card or I come over, possibly Tues and after, IF you're free. So tell me and I'll drag this baby over. Always handy to have an extra driver around (Dad) and him being so protective and all of my "no-you-mustn't-go-by-yourself-it's-too-heavy-and-it-might-get-stolen" laptop. :)

Oh yes, was in Hornsby for optometrist appt before, went to the Borders there, bought 3 new books, Lost in Transmission, The Lost Letters of Aquitaine and The secrets of Jin-Shei. If anyone's read them, feel free to review, they're ma holiday light reading, well it'd be dropped as soon as HP comes in. Speaking about that Borders are having a...
Spend $75 or more in one go and buy HP and the HBP for only $15.

Only for those actually needing to spend $75 on books/CDs/DVDs in one go, would that be anywhere near worth it.
I think I'll wait for Kmart :)

11 witty remarks:

  • At 08:46, Blogger Vivian said…

    Yay, can't wait til HP comes out!

    and you know Pun, I must be the SLOWEST person in the world, cos I only JUST realised last night why your email name, etc. is "spun in jam"

    bwahahahahaa!

    Silly me

    :P

     
  • At 10:24, Blogger Ang said…

    I wonder i I should say howlong it took me? Perhaps not (I ha sort of half got it, but I coincidentally figured it out properly this morning)

    I'm slower, then, but only just.

    My exams finish Monday evening, but then on Tuesday I have work. Perhaps Friday? But then you'd have to lug your laptop about. Hmmmm.... Obviously it's not urgent, but I think fate is against me, because I leave for the snow on Saturday.

    Maybe you could comeand visit us avec laptop on Thursday evening? Then you could sleep on our comfortable(?) couch overnight and we could all bus in at 12-ish on Friday in a leisurely sort of way?
    Hmmmm.... Possibly should also run such a plan by Cat. What do you think, Cat?

     
  • At 11:34, Blogger Catie said…

    go ahead, visit! yay, study breaks! *ahem*
    but my last exam is on wednesday after all... yay! i am in denial about the other essay/lack of study.
    he, "if you calmly me remember to stop and think can". hahahaha!
    and i knew what your name was... of course, that's only because i was there when you thought it up/you explained it to me... i mean, i'm very, very intelligent ;p

     
  • At 12:02, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol, yay trees found it out. No, not mongulated. Your translation sounds funnier though. ;)

    Yays! Cat knows my anagram. Ahh... hours and hours of chemistry working out other people's anagrams. *sigh* we did so much work ay?

    Ang, no, I ain't sleeping over. What are you doing Wednesday?

     
  • At 13:05, Blogger Minerva said…

    Here's my translation of the 1st verse:

    Think of me
    think of me tenderly as in a dream
    I remember you, no power to separate us
    Beyond time and space
    On the day, when he also wants to come,
    To take the parting you must take from me.
    Leave yesterday's lives wide (behind)
    Keep it closed in you.

    She's singing about the memories of yesterday's lives, to keep them closed in him.
    Other translations will come if I'm bothered. ;)

     
  • At 13:41, Blogger Minerva said…

    Whole meaning's changed?

    Think of me,
    Think of me fondly when we've said goodbye
    Imagine me, once in a while
    Please promise me you'll try.
    When you find that once again you long
    To take your heart back and be free
    If you ever find a moment spare a thought for me


    It's not entirely changed... it's just different lyrics :D

     
  • At 15:57, Blogger Catie said…

    not 'entirely'... just very much....
    blush is not eyeshadow ang!

     
  • At 16:54, Blogger Ang said…

    Hmmm.... Wednesday I'm busy in the evening, plus Cat' last exam is on. Perhaps we should organise something for whenI get back from skiing? (sorry for rearranging your life like that)

     
  • At 17:18, Blogger Minerva said…

    In that case, hopefully all the music will be burnt onto CDs then(depending on when ma bro decides to load and burn *humpf*). I can just lend you the CDs then. There's over 20 of them, but then I don't think you'd listen to folk :P unless Cat forces you to ;)

     
  • At 20:11, Blogger Catie said…

    oooh, folk...
    well, my exam is in the afternoon, you could come then and see angi? and when i got back i would say hi and celebrate.
    ewww... daleks icky inside armour.

     
  • At 01:51, Blogger Catie said…

    and yay for year 12 chemistry! wait, did i just say that? *washes mouth out with soap*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home