Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, December 23, 2005

Went grocery shopping in Liverpool today.

Not as many people as I thought there would be. Well then again it's Liverpool. BTW I found out that there's a Max Brenner in Parramatta ;) ;)
Now I don't have to go all the way to Manly for a delicious, delectable chocolate. Mmmm... we have to go to all the Max Brenner's in NSW, there's still Erina Fair, Double Bay and Parra to go to.

So we got the groceries today, we're gonna go to the Fish Markets tomorrow. Yes, we are insane, but we're considering parking in Lilyfield and lightrailing it to the Fish markets... maybe. But we need to get clams, mussels, oysters, red caviar, calamari and octopus. Mmmmm... I think I'll make a bechamel sauce and dollop it onto the oysters and grill. Will have to make it Pacific oysters then and maybe a dozen with a tomato-ey sauce, and a dozen Sydney rock for plain eating perhaps??

We got the photos back today. Well really only one was for free and I think I shoulda picked a different one. I cracked up laughing when I saw them, and also cracked up laughing walking outta the place, and up the escalator, and in the car... there was actually an alright looking one but my brother was grinning like he was constipated or something *shakes head*. So we got one that looked alright, paid $80, we're gonna get a frame from somewhere and give it to our parents for their anniversary. The photos could've been worse, I'm keeping the outlook as half full here. ;)

Anyways, yesterday, there was a dead rat on our lawn! Yes, a dead rat! it was being eaten by ants, and it's right hind leg looked like it was in the process of being gnawed off. I wonder if it was from our house?? It must've been really bored and ran outta our house and started gnawing his leg off. Fortunately I'm not up to that level of boredom yet and my right leg is still on... can't speak for my left leg though.
Also went to Video Ezy yesterday and got the 5 weeklies for $6 deal. Borrowed:
- Who framed Roger Rabbit? - childhood memories, I always remembered him as quite a licentious rabbit, well he is a rabbit.
- The 10th Kingdom - I have absolutely no idea what it's about, I'll find out over the weekend or sometime next week I'm sure.
- Billy Connolly 2002 in Doooblin - say it like a Dubliner, Doooblin. Unbelievable, the tix on ebay are going for $400+ for his shows in Newcastle and Sydney. I wish I'd bought them earlier, dammit, I wish I'd bought them earlier.
- Koyaanisqatsi - I don't know what it's about but I'm sure I'll find out
- Powaqqatsi - same as above
It's a shame they didn't have the 3rd one in, otherwise I coulda just watched it all in one go.

Oh and note a very short video of my new haircut on Putfile, the sidebar. It happens when you're really, really bored.

Current background noise: nil
Current mood: bored
Concurrent webpage: HP ff

Recent purchases:
- 2 chemises from GB - black and white, and brown and blue, lacey type thing going on there.
- CLOTTED CREAM FUDGE - yea baby - will need to make a cuppa tea before I have one
- a steel pudding basin for steaming - it was only $15, I love sales. Good, I was planning on getting one these past coupla years but everywhere else I saw it was $40. Go me!

5 witty remarks:

  • At 21:11, Blogger Catie said…

    clotted cream fudge! mmm.... well, sounds like you've got you're week planned out then: shop, cook, eat, watch videos, gnaw off other leg...
    but your descriptions of food always make me want to go and pay you a visit :)

     
  • At 21:12, Blogger Catie said…

    omigosh! i used the wring 'you're'! kill me now somebody! (why don't i edit these comments before posting them?)

     
  • At 21:50, Blogger Minerva said…

    *starts to pull out Pun's sharp kinves*

    *looks closely at screen*

    *droops head*

     
  • At 23:07, Blogger Catie said…

    ... and then i wrote 'wring' instead of 'wrong'. i will never learn...

    nono, kill me, i deserve it, see that unwanted apostrophe?

     
  • At 00:55, Blogger Minerva said…

    well I spelt kinves as well *sigh* This is what happens when we don't write/read enough, in comparison to semester time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home