Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Finally got to see HP!!!

Yays!!!!! After many, many months of planning and stalking on mugglenet, Yays!!!!
So I had to leave work early on Friday to get to Lilyfield early, I was hoping to get a half hour sleep but hehe, unlikely anyway. So I left work at 1400 (since I didn't have any lunch) and headed straight into the city, via Woolworths Metro. Oh and guys, who owes me the $18 and how much do I owe for using Travel 10s?

So I met up with Josh at Railway Square and headed into Lilyfield, ran to the shower, Cat, Ang, Felix and I ate some flamed Christmas pudding with rum sultanas, in the process setting the bench alight. Mmmm... brandy sauce... and double cream... mmmm... I need to go buy some unsalted butter today and make a batch before Dad leaves.
And then Angi left to pick up her sidekick Tim and so Cat, Josh and I had some pasta for dinner. Then we left for the busstop, where the 470 at 1848 didn't come so we had to wait 20 minutes for the next bus. And then we got to the cinemas, it was a HUGE line, all the way from the ticket collecting to Starbucks outside, and that was just for the HP 1930 session!!
So we went in, I bought some cokes, Angi and Tim came a little later with popcorn, watched the movie with several very memorable lines. Played poking games with each other which had Cat turn into a pincushion. Laughed and had to prevent ourselves from laughing too out loud *giggles holding mouth*

Cedric: "You know the prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor? It's a good place for a bath. Take your egg and mull over things in the hot water." Oh man I was dying, bashing my leg from laughing.

Hugged Cat's elbow and the scene where Ron ruins Hermione's night *sob sob* and NOOOOOOOOO Cedriiiiiiiiic...... not that we didn't know it was gonna happen ;) but noooooooooooooooooo... there goes another handsome guy outta the films.

But more memorable quotes:
Professor McGonagall: "The house of Godric Gryffindor has been a beacon in the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries, and I will not have you destroying it in one night by acting like a babbling, bumbling bunch of baboons."
Fred: "Try to say that five times fast"
George: "Babbling, bumbling bunch of baboons."
Fred: "Babbling, bumbling bunch of baboons."

Hermione: "I wouldn't know. We didn't talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being."

So after the movie, Josh left to head home, leaving a bottle of Cab Sav with me, hehehehe, and we headed towards Loewenbraeu, whom were holding a private Christmas party so they weren't taking any customers tonight! Noooooo!!! So Tim headed on home, and we three maidens with our tired feet and billowing cloaks headed back to Lilyfield via the bus, and walked back where my dad drove up just as we were gonna head in the door. Then I left hugging goodbyes and well wishes, and scheming to keep When Harry Met Sally til June next year. ;)

So it twas a good night I thought :) I'm more so disappointed that last night was the first time someone disobeyed the dresscode ever! In any of our get togethers where dresscode is required, we all put a little effort into in but Josh didn't. Very, very disappointed with him, very disappointed. I hope this isn't a start of people "not caring" or "not secure enough" to not follow the required dresscode. Anyhoo, it's midday and I'm starving. So toodle-ooo, I have one more week of clinical left and I'm done for the degree, Yays!!

Current background noise: nil
Current webage: SpunInJam
Current craving: breakfast, which consists of idlis, sambhar and chutney, although I really wouldn't mind going to Flemington and grabbing from goat curry.

Recent purchases:
- Kate Rusby: Live in Leeds DVD

10 witty remarks:

  • At 14:59, Blogger Ang said…

    Once Upon a December! Anastacia!

    100 stars for me!!!!!!!Yay!

    Also, I owe you $17 if you calculate for bus ticket.

     
  • At 15:03, Blogger Catie said…

    yay Harry Potter and cloaks! stupid Lowenbrau :(
    Nice to have met Josh finally.
    Enjoy last week of clinical :)

     
  • At 16:56, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yay for people owing me money! Heehee

    I've finished watching When Harry Met Sally, when do you want it back Angi?

     
  • At 16:56, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh yes and how were the 21sts?

     
  • At 20:34, Blogger Catie said…

    i posted about them!

     
  • At 04:06, Blogger Alicia said…

    Hhhhhhuuuuuhhhhh!!????!!! Josh didn't dress up!!!! (I just gasped aloud and my cousins asked what about)... PROFANITY!!!

    *is very dissapproving* especially as Alissa and I were the only ones in the WHOLE MOVIE CINEMA who dressed up last night...

     
  • At 18:38, Blogger Catie said…

    i think we were pretty much the only ones dressed up at HP... still, yay for dedication and dressing up!

     
  • At 23:30, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, I was extremely disappointed *shakes head* wow I made Leach gasp *gasps as well*

    How did you find HP Leach?

    And good on us for dressing up! :D *jumps up and down*

     
  • At 15:08, Blogger Alicia said…

    No, as I said, HP will only happen if it's on a plane...

     
  • At 00:06, Blogger Catie said…

    hey pun, 1 day til holidays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home