Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas BBQ was tonight, well really it was last night...

So we went to Lake Gillawarna for the BBQ. I was organising catering, and of course, since I've never organised a bbq before, and I don't know the etiqutte of catering and what people eat, we had a smaller amount of food to eat and forgot about cutlery, plates and trays. I'm better with picnics, much better with picnics. Especially moonlight ones, and Mrs. Macquarie's Chair ones. And random Opera House ones. So I made ensaladilla (potato salad really) with homemade mayonnaise (aren't you proud?!), Christmas pud with a significant amount LESS of cognac but a new addition of a tbsp of Cointreau, puff pastry tarts - one with zucchini and caramelised onions, and the other with mushrooms and caramelised onions. Mmmm...

BUT

I trod on my cup of wine in the dark when we were packing up ;( so when we got back to church, Josh pulled me away to grab at the wine, but our assistant minister said to leave the wine and not drink it, but to only have it with the meal. Well. I understand why he said that coz it was after dinner and we were going to drink it, not because we could but because we wanted to. But still understandable, we had a brief prayer session and stayed back lounging around and laughing.
So it was a good night all in all. :)

Oh yes my Secret Santa was Michelle, I actually knew that the night I received my own Secret Santa nomination. I got the new book by the same dude who does the BUnny Suicides, this one is Great Lies to tell Small Kids by Andy Riley. I have a favourite page already. And I got The Bunny Suicides from Belinda as well *jumps up and down* I luuuuuuurrrrrve these books. :D

Remind me to sms Josh and ask if he has any Christmas gift wishes.

So, I gotta do the housework soon, clean everything, dust, attack. Chuck away clothes that don't fit, or don't wear.

Oh Cat, when are you gonna see LWW? And I'm gonna be bored outta my mind, dare I say it, I wanna go to a Canberra museum.

Current background music: Sandrine - How hard
Current craving: food but that may not be wise

Recent purchases:
- dress - bought it on ebay today, I'm hoping it gets here by Friday (ha!) I paid express post for it so I bloody well hope so.

4 witty remarks:

  • At 15:04, Blogger Catie said…

    mmm... christmas barbeque...
    so, what are you getting for josh eh?

    going away for a week after christmas, will see LWW after that I guess? hopefully coming up for NYE, but transport arrangements currently looking not very good, so not sure right now.
    But come to canberra! See the beautiful scenery! The native wildlife! Including the majestic moose. A moose bit my sister once...

     
  • At 17:36, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol I can't say til I give it to him.

    Dawww... but I'm gonna be all alone to see LWW... *sniffles*

    Yea, I was thinking of getting down to Canberra the week after Chrissy, oh well. I have no plans for New Year's. *sigh*

     
  • At 17:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh yes and I had a haircut today. I asked for shoulder length and my hair is still half way down my back.

    ...

    But anyway, it's now highlighted red and much lighter feeling than before. And turned a coupla heads ;)

     
  • At 19:35, Blogger Catie said…

    hehe, sounds funky! 'Shoulder-length' is so imprecise, you ask for shoulder-length hair and you can end up with anything.
    you should come down to canberra later! I wanna see your hair!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home