Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm getting bored, no not getting bored I am bored.

*squeal* *squeal* *squeal* *squeals knowingly at Cat*

So, I didn't have to look after the kids today, because none came! Yays!! And I didn't have to look after Zachy either. I'd make him cry anyway. ;)
So we had a women's night/jewellery making thing tonight. Learnt how to make jewellery, made some 'eclectic' earrings for Michelle G and an anklet for myself. I may consider taking it up over the holidays if I'm extremely bored and not trying to catch up on this and last year's reading. I stil haven't read the new Christian Jacq book, let alone Terry Pratchett. But I'm hoping to read and finish LWW before it comes out in the cinemas. Oh yes, and I made salmon and cream cheese and dill, traditional cucumber and ham and wholegrain mustard on white sandwiches. And carrot cake.

I won a free photo shoot at Portrait Palace in Liverpool. They called me today so I made an appointment in the afternoon. Darnit, you girls, where are you when a free photo shoot comes up? Oh I know, overseas and interstate and not responding. Well, I have to try and drag my brother into it, I don't know for mum and dad's anniversary, it is their 30th coming up. So it'd only take 10 minutes but all the dressing up and makeup is done ourselves. *sigh* I'd look like an idiot bringing Aragorn wouldn't I? Wouldn't I?? Oh yea, that reminds me, I have to set Aragorn up and drape him in tinsel for Christmas ;) If only I had a lifesize cardboard cutout of Dracula... that wakes up in the middle of the night... wearing a cape... ... ...

*cough*

So, portrait on Saturday, self makeup and dress and bright colours. Great.

I've still gotta write my letter into the Admissions officer. *sigh* I'm really not liking this Honours thing. I'm half regretting declining Liverpool now, but then again, I haven't spent anymore than 2 minutes thinking about it the entire time so maybe I haven't thought it through quite well.

Anyways, I gotta email yabs members about our Christmas BBQ to organise catering and such. Should I make a pudding? I think I'm outta raisins... I think, I've still got sultanas, currants, dried figs, dried apricots, cognac, (I think I'll add cointreau to this one). So I'd need to get suet, lemon, ale and white bread (which I don't eat), you see that's the easy thing, when dad's here, he'll eat the white bread and my brother and I will eat the multigrain and wholemeal. There's something wrong there considering we're not the ones on simvastatin (Zocor).

I spent yesterday making empanada pastry. Basically puff pastry. I have 59 empanada pastry circles waiting for me in the freezer, waiting to be made into spinach, capsicum and chorizo, or perhaps chicken and eggplant for something easier. Oh yes and I've got puff pastry at home so I might make some Cornish pasties... ooooh... I want a Cornish pasty, Leach you better have at least 5 Cornish pasties for me while you're over there. ;)

Okies, gonna go now, oh yes and I'm not gonna be putting up anymore songs til at least Angi gets back from Vanuatu. I have to wrack my brain trying to think of one.

Current background noise: nil
Current craving: water, slightly dehydrated
Concurrent webpages: like I really need to say

12 witty remarks:

  • At 02:17, Blogger Catie said…

    I was going to ask if you'd eaten any of the children, but i'm happy to see that you haven't :)
    I'm with you on the bored thing, apart from alex's efforts at alleviating boredom *jumps up and down*, and was looking at old photos today, so it wasn't too bad. oh, and watched pirates of penzance. yay gilbert and sullivan!
    i'm thinking of researching something in the holidays, just to keep me entertained. and was reading 'brewers dictionary of phrase and fable', and wanted an excuse to look things up. hehe, i am soooo sad :)

     
  • At 02:18, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, and i was going to say, you should take the photo with aragorn. go on, i dare ya ;)

     
  • At 14:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    I feel like some fruit. I've got some marscapone so if I get some peaches and honey... mmmm... or maybe a big boz of cherries, oooh that sounds good.

     
  • At 16:47, Blogger Vivian said…

    The song is O Christmas Tree in German?? And I guess the artist would be, erm, "traditional"...

     
  • At 17:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    *cough* I'm not putting up any songs til Angi gets back from Vanuatu *cough*

    I also had Staendchen up before by Schubert. *sigh* I love that song. Yes it is O Tannenbaum but no sorry, stars not up for grabs. I just have it up coz it's my 'drunk-Pun' Christmas song ;)

    Lol, i like my word verification, ooify

     
  • At 17:38, Blogger Minerva said…

    oh oh do you like what I have up on my sidebar???
    It's what I want for Christmas, well one of them, can you guess which??? ;)

     
  • At 20:32, Blogger Catie said…

    ummm... johnny depp? *shakes head*
    yah, like the sidebar, very christmassy!

     
  • At 21:32, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, doesn't Gary Oldman look scrumptious! ;) ;)
    He does not look like Johnny Depp. He is... Draaa-cuuuu-laaaaaah

     
  • At 20:07, Blogger Catie said…

    wow, that's gary oldman? it looks like johnny depp... so :p to you :)
    how's the photo planning going?

     
  • At 23:07, Blogger Minerva said…

    photo planning??

    I'm going bra shopping tomorrow, anyone wanna join me?? Sydney Showground from 0900. Anyone? Anyone??

     
  • At 23:30, Blogger Catie said…

    ... i mean for saturday. when you were going to get your photo taken. i may be confused in the matter of pictures, but i'm sure that this is right. well, i think so. oh the confusion!

     
  • At 23:59, Blogger Minerva said…

    Ahhh yes, my bro and I on Saturday. Otherwise if he won't I'd have to go myself. But it's more likely to be my bro and I. Now I have to sort out what to wear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home