Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, November 25, 2005

I think I've lost my mind...

Anyways, I had a great 2 weeks at cardiothoracic, I really wish I could have another 2 weeks there but CCU would be good too. At least for learning, I suspect the monitoring will drive me nuts. And during my shifts for the past 2 weeks, there was only 2 MET (medical emergency team) calls, and one of them wasn't my patient. Yays! But bad for them really. And some lovely patients, one very stubborn one warmed to me and I had very good care with him. And a couple of other ones I'd built a good rapport with. *sigh* You never know, if they crash, it's pretty likely I'll see them in CCU.

So, I'm making my Christmas pudding now, so there's currants, sultanas, raisins, dried apricots, mixed peel and this year's change of dried figs. And instead of using VSOP I've used VS. So you know, I won't be, you know, "wasting" a bottle of cognac. Although I never believe it's wasting if you eat it all. I hope Felix isn't allergic to any of the ingredients, is he?
If I can get the Lilyfiled pud done by Saturday night, I will endeavour to force Angi to come pick it up before Friday ;) Although, yes it is highly unlikely.

Humm... new details for HP & GOF on sidebar...

And yes I have to discuss HP. So the new time's 1930. There's still the dresscode, and early dinner at Lilyfield? If it's still offered *pathetic puppy dog eyes* But you know, if there's Christmas pud in there as well, I'm afraid you guys will have to make ze infamous Croaker brandy cream sauce with the pud, and of course double cream. ;)
And if you don't mind, I offered early dinner at Lilyfield to Josh. Sorry guys, I know, I know, I mean it, I know. But the details about that isn't sorted out yet. Or whether it will happen at all. So no worries about it and I'll sort it out later. So Josh, if you're reading this, or you know, my stalkers out there, I'll email you later. Or sms. I'll stop ranting now.

*cough*

Met up with Wong and Leach today, at Wong's neighbours place. Very interesting kid Julian, very interesting. ;) And WONG BROKE HER BOARD, or the fin, the shame woman, the shame, it didn't even last a year!! Ah well, it's not like you'll be using it over the holidays anyway.
So I'm lending my 70L backpack to Wong for America and also lent Leach my LP Britain, needs to be updated though. So I hope that Wong won't destroy my backpack, I mean I have memories with it, I had to cut off my tags which spelt Sidney Aerolineas Argentinas and my other one that said Bolivian Airlines *sigh* So, it's quite well-worn considering it survived me and various temperatures and climates, so it's doing very well.
And the LP Britain book did not survive me, as to the Extra strength binding that fell apart some time in December of 2002. So I transpore-ed the cover back on so hopefully it'll at least last the flights.

I'm gonna miss you guys so much. Be healthy, stay safe and keep in contact. Or you know, drink the recommended weekly alcohol intake. Except for Leach, drink more! You're legal now in Britain, go to pubs, get hooked on whiskey, bring me back Schloer!! And Wong, eat waffles, eat lots of waffles, with maple syrup. Mmmm... maple syrup... Love you guys very much! *hugs and squeezes both of you*

Current background noise: Tom Hanks screaming for the volleyball in, yes Castaway
Concurrent webpage: HP ff
Currently consuming: glass of Wolf Blass Heritage release 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon - it's strange coz anyone who knows the wines I drink, know that I can't stand Cab Sav, but the ones we have at home are lovely. But they cost $40 a bottle, so I suspect I've been trying cheap crap Cab Sav and I'm finally getting good Cab Sav.

Recent purchases:
- black top
- Little Britain season 2 - I absolutely love this show!

3 witty remarks:

  • At 10:15, Blogger Ang said…

    Leaving on a jet plane- Peter Paul and Mary (among other people to sing this song, I suspect)

    Yay for HP and Pud and dinner. Josh is of course welcome. But Pun is forgiven for preinviting someone only because she's so adorably apologetic. She can do washing up before/after dinner to make up for it perhaps? ;)

     
  • At 11:37, Blogger Catie said…

    ...well i did offer that he could come. right? i mean, i think i did. so really there would be no point in me complaining about it now :)

    i'll try to book tickets today. but then again, i dunno if i have the money right now, felix owes me for a bill, but soon...

    LP britain! oh the memories! it served us well...

     
  • At 18:11, Blogger Minerva said…

    Will do, I will even bring gloves, hehe, ward gloves from CCU. But I refuse to bring dinner ;)
    You know the pud weighs over a kilo, I was making a large quantity to split into 2 this morning. I'm gonna steam my pudding tomorrow morning. Yum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home