Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, November 21, 2005

I put in my first NGT today! yays!

NGT is nasogastric tube. I've been needing to put one in for ages. Unfortunately the first time I put it in, the tube had coiled in the throat, I think. Radiology had to pull it out. But but the second time, it got in fine, as evidenced by an xray showing the tube in the stomach. Yays! Now I need to do an IDC (indwelling catheter) to build up more skills.

You know, I'm really enjoying cardiothoracic, it's a shame I'll be going to CCU next week. I really am enjoying it, the running around, getting used to ward routine, great staff. Hummm... 'pparently CCU is monitoring and slower than cardiothoracic. I'm guessing my feet will hurt more next week coz I'd be standing around for 8 and a 1/2 hours a day. Well let's see how it goes.

My brother dared me to buy goat's milk and drink it. The pasteurised one, truly it's not too bad, really. It's colour is whiter than cow's milk, and the taste isn't as lingering. I think it tastes better than bovine skim milk. Not bad at all really, not bad. It's expensive though, $3.37 a litre at Coles.

Oh oh can Cat and Angi, pretty pretty please buy the tix for HP. Since it's next Friday, gotta get in soon. I hate it when you turn up at a cinema and all the tix are sold out. Yay for Tim coming! Hehe swishy cloak, was watching HP & PS on and off, hehe Sean Biggerstaff, hehehe *giggles* ;)

Current background noise: nil really, but there is faint Food Lovers' Guide to Australia
Current mood: happy, but very very tired feet
Concurrent webpage: Alicia's usual rant
Currently eating: lemon custard chocolate crossaint - sooooo good, but soooo expensive, but sooooo good...

Recent purchases:
- 3 tank tops: brown, pink and purple
- big black bag - coz the cruddy piece of garbage I bought less than 2 months ago has broke on me. Finally. Just like it did 2 days after I bought it. Meh, I guess that's what happens when you buy a $10 bag.

21 witty remarks:

  • At 17:40, Blogger Alicia said…

    Hey, I have a $10 bag which I have used for surfing stuff and heavy heavy textbooks and it's still good!

     
  • At 17:46, Blogger Catie said…

    love is all around, wet wet wet. haha! now to read the post...

     
  • At 17:48, Blogger Alicia said…

    Hi Catie! You've probably finished reading the post now... Hmm lets see if I know that song...

     
  • At 17:50, Blogger Catie said…

    i knew the song, right?
    yay for skills for pun! but ewwww...
    hey leach, blog chasey rules!

     
  • At 17:51, Blogger Alicia said…

    What rules? I can't fit it to the song? Maybe i'm thinking of the wrong song...???

     
  • At 17:57, Blogger Catie said…

    love is all around, wet wet wet?

    you know "love is all around me, and so the feeling grows"? but now i always think "christmas is all around me" and "so if you really love christmas, c'mon and let it snow". hehehe, so dodgy :)

    a word verification for pun: mgasm

     
  • At 18:04, Blogger Alicia said…

    mm, i was thinking of the wrong song... (I don't think I know that one either...)

     
  • At 20:44, Blogger Minerva said…

    hmmm... then I got a very dodgy $10 bag. Very dodgy indeedy.

    "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes"

     
  • At 08:49, Blogger Ang said…

    Don't know when we'll get a chance to get tix, but will do so asap. Wednesday or Thursay hopefully?

     
  • At 11:54, Blogger Catie said…

    should be able to do at least thursday. hopefully wednesday. so hopefully tickets won't be sold out yet *crosses fingers*

     
  • At 19:20, Blogger Catie said…

    i feel like a new avatar, but i love my current one. what to do, what to do?

     
  • At 20:05, Blogger Ang said…

    Replace it with the victim every second week?

    http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://rachellynn8806.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/tiredkitten.jpg.w300h225.jpg&imgrefurl=http://rachellynn8806.tripod.com/id12.html&h=225&w=300&sz=23&tbnid=kXM7-OWTWckJ:&tbnh=83&tbnw=111&hl=en&start=16&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsniper%2Bkitty%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

    Dude, what a link! Gosh.

    But try copy and pasting it to URL bar, it could work.

     
  • At 21:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    You can use the one I have of you from Hunter Uncorked on My Photobucket if you want.

     
  • At 22:26, Blogger Catie said…

    well, i'll think about it (maybe i should look at this picture first)

    isn't it crazy stormy out there? ugh, that doesn't sound good at all. bad grammar! *slaps hand of grammar*

     
  • At 22:41, Blogger Minerva said…

    *slaps even harder*

     
  • At 12:10, Blogger Catie said…

    trying hard not to think of holy grail... and zoot... and so on...

     
  • At 14:46, Blogger Catie said…

    lookit! new avatar!

    i may go back to sniper kitty later, but just for some variety, because it's cute... (it's cute, i'm cute, it's perfect for me!)

     
  • At 17:11, Blogger Minerva said…

    dawww... that tis schooooooooo cuuuuute... *tries to pinch the wittle little kitty's cheeks* dawwwwwwww... schhoooooo cuuuuute ;)

    I like my word verification: fwrw

    Damn blimmin' hell, it changed to etesfxwf

     
  • At 20:27, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, went into city today, but they weren't selling tickets for the 9:30 session. latest was 7:30. they might be on sale by friday? but the ticket guy didn't really know, so i'm not sure. anyway, so that's the HP situation.

     
  • At 22:45, Blogger Minerva said…

    darn, but it's still on at 2130 on Friday?

     
  • At 01:27, Blogger Catie said…

    yeah, think so, they're just not selling tickets until they've sold some for the earlier sessions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home