Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 07, 2007

God help us all (edit)

I start work in 9 hours. I'd like 7 of them to be sleep, but who am I kidding. Orientation week first then they chuck you in the deep end.
Pray for me please, pray I don't increase the morbidity and mortality statistics of NSW, of Australia, of the world. Pray that I'm not so nervous and that I remember my skills.
I'm so nervous about this, I'm sleeping though, at completely wrong and wacko hours completely unsuited to a shift worker (lol what a joke, normal hours for a shift worker...). I know I'm gonna make mistakes and I've forgotten half the stuff I've learnt. I'm just freaking myself out and stressing over it so I won't be so nervous... I think. I don't know... I hope I get a good ward and supportive staff, I haven't even put in a catheter yet! Dammit. Gaaaaaaah!!! You know, I really hate how people think nurses are stupid. Truly, I do. I don't even laugh at the jokes. I'm running out of patience and control for the people who make those remarks.
Went to see Night at the Museum last night. Do NOT waste your money. Just oh-so-don't bother.
Recent purchases:
- white robey thing

(EDIT)
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I GOT BLOODY GERIATRICS!!!!!!!!!!!! KIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT, THIS WAS GONNA BITE ME BACK IN THE BLOODY ARSE!!!!!!! STUPID BLOODY PIECE OF SHITE I AM.

FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 witty remarks:

  • At 11:30, Blogger Alicia said…

    So... How was it? Did you realise that you do actually remember more than you thought you knew?

     
  • At 00:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    *achem* I'm stressing out. Truly, I've been assigned to one of the hardest wards to work on.
    I think I've talked to Trees about this, how I would hate to get geris, coz they have a mix of everything: cardio, pulmonary, renal, psych, orthopaedics all rolled into 1 patient, and all rolled into 10 patients.

    Kill me. This is the specialty that was the catalyst for Karen to quit.

     
  • At 11:43, Blogger Alicia said…

    Always look on the bright side of life *appropriate whistle*

    Hey, the people that sang that didn't have much longer either... :/

    Waah at Pun.

     
  • At 22:06, Blogger Minerva said…

    Add another insult to injury: geris is one of the critical incidents (towards staff) wards. That is, staff have a higher risk of assault than other wards!! It's on par with Emergency and Mental Health!! I have to go to a specially scheduled OH&S and Aggression training session. Gaaaaaah! Damn bloody hell, couldn't I just get a surgical ward or something.

     
  • At 22:11, Blogger Vivian said…

    Quack!

     
  • At 13:56, Blogger Vivian said…

    On the bright side, it can only get better from here, right?

     
  • At 18:23, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, there's nowhere but up from Geris. You can't get any lower.

     
  • At 08:51, Blogger Alicia said…

    Do you get rotated? How often are you rotated?

     
  • At 20:12, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, I just got my roster today, but it's screwed up, my NUM thinks I have 2 weeks of orientation, I have 1 week and 1 day of orientation. So he has to redo my roster. But if it's the same for January, I'm working all AM shift, but I have to sort it out from then on, coz I'd be working SUNDAYS LATE SHIFT (which means I can't get to church!), I'd have to go in the morning.

     
  • At 23:50, Blogger Minerva said…

    I forgot to answer Leach, I get 3 rotations. First is geri, the other 2 aren't organised yet, they have to be negotiated (fought over by all other new grads).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home