Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm home (just in case Trees believes I didn't make it home and am a mess on the Hume Highway somewhere)

Thank you for inviting us to the Carols night Viv, I really enjoyed myself! Although now I feel like another sausage sizzle. Mmm... hungry now. Hoarse voice now. Still, currently have "What Child Is This" stuck in my head. Gaaaaaahhh... must stop...

What child is this, who, laid to rest
On Mary's lap, is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?
This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing:
Haste, haste to bring him laud,
The Babe, the Son of Mary!

So bring Him incense, gold, and myrrh,
Come peasant king to own Him,
The King of kings, salvation brings,
Let loving hearts enthrone Him.
Raise, raise the song on high,
The Virgin sings her lullaby:
Joy, joy, for Christ is born,
The Babe, the Son of Mary!

So went to Pure Gelato via getting lost going to Trees (didn't turn off Mitchell), Wong's, then up to the Spice Centre and bought some spices. Mmmm... currently have 5L of gelati. Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, Lemon, Peanut Butter Fudge, and a 1L mix of Black Sesame and Christmas pudding (which is basically rum and raisin with cassata pieces). Almost melted on the way home. Was somewhat tempted to stop by Ram's in Flemington, then I thought "Nooo... gelati doooomed."

So Josh invited me to watch Northern Lights last night. Had nothing to do. Thank you! Twas good methoughts, hehehe, I'm a picky person, what can I say? But yes as a very belated 21st present, it's true what Robyn said, running very close to the end of year.

So after waking up today due to the fluctuating temperature, finally got out of bed at 0950 with a lovely sore back (no matter what, I still love the Parra class). Did some crunches, decided to put on some more clothes... and started with brunch. Drove to Chullora to buy some bream (which consequently Trees' mum started slicing up before she realised "Oh that's Pun's" next time I should buy a chicken so she can start cooking it for me, totally fine with it ;) Mmm... chicken). Quickly picked up Trees so she could direct me to Leach's, dropped off some pud and brandy sauce, and headed back to Trees'.

I GOT INTO TREES' BEDROOM!!! I recommend everyone to see it, it's a bit of a mess but not bad at all, truly Trees, last week I had underwear everywhere, as in everywhere (all clean mind you). Now it's just all in one huge green Woolies bag, and my lovely church gals got to see what kind of underwear I wear. Isn't that just great...?

*Church gals grab hold of my underwear off my pile*
Pun: "Oi!! Get out of my bloody underwear bag!!"
*Church gals giggle, and slowly drop panties and bra*

TREES ATE CHRISTMAS PUDDING!! As an eyewitness, I wish I took photos, hmmm... I'll bring some on Wednesday, maybe I'll get some vanilla gelato to match the pudding, and another one to surprise you with Viv ;) But Trees ate pudding!

I like this one best out of all the ones I've made. This one has the right level of sweetness and not crunchy 'cause of the figs like last year's. I think I'll continue using prunes as the featured fruit. Dare I say it (blasphemy I know), it doesn't even need brandy sauce or cream *watches out for Cat's shoes flying at head*

*sigh*

I'm feeling lonely and cold, more so cold *switches on electric blanket* this blanket should not need to be turned on in December. Come over and entertain me! I'll pick you up Viv! And maybe Trees ;P Otherwise, I'll see you Trees at 1400 on Wednesday.

And my house is now open til 2nd January. I'm trying to organise a LOTR marathon for Saturday the 30th!! From let's say... 1700 onwards, I'll get some mattresses, a few drinks, some continuous grazing of hmmm... cherries..., white nectarines (Sooo yummy Trees!), melons, the usual suspects: cheese, crackers, Christmas pud plus sauce and cream, finger food for grazing. And then you know, when Leach is starving, I'll take out the big venison steak or maybe a gigantic chicken out of the oven. Serve with taters, carrots, greens, gravy (oh man I'm hungry now), have Trees make an Egg custard with one of my eggs ;) eat gelati, drink chocolate. Does this not sound tempting coz my stomach is growling right now??

Recent purchases:
- Michel Camilo y Tomatito - Spain Again. Leading on from the successful collaboration in 2001(?), their second album together is like the first, a fusion of jazz and flamenco. Very enjoyable to listen to, I feel like I should be sitting in a tapas bar somewhere, nah that's due to hunger.

8 witty remarks:

  • At 19:45, Blogger Catie said…

    what's on on wednesday?? i'm curious. not that i could go *sulks*
    do you think LOTR marathon should start earlier in the day? cos otherwise if seeing fireworks might not be time to get to city and get spot etc. if anyone is seeing fireworks. meh, i want to! :D
    suggestion, as of course your house your plans. and thank-ou for having it later!!!

     
  • At 00:17, Blogger Minerva said…

    Arvo tea of gelati at Viv's place. :)

    Yea, true. Late afternoon start then hopefully catch 4 hours of shuteye for NYE.

     
  • At 10:42, Blogger Alicia said…

    Aye! I went near your house on Saturday... Had to go up to Guildford West for a 21st... It was sooo far, my gosh!

    Man, I'm hungry now, bring out the steak already!

     
  • At 19:41, Blogger Catie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 22:30, Blogger Catie said…

    woo! 4 hours sleep then staying up all night!
    y'know, i was getting confused and thinking 24 hours instead of 12.

     
  • At 15:20, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, well all up, it'll probably take a good 16 hours anyway, including dunny breaks (not that there needs to be a line, it is my house). And general, grabbing-the-food breaks.

     
  • At 07:53, Blogger Ang said…

    I'm so up for this. Huzzah! :D

     
  • At 13:28, Blogger Alicia said…

    Mmm, I had the pudding last night, it was really good! Mmmmm... *drools just thinking about it*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home