Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Arvo tea at Viv's

Ooops forgot to take photos.

Thank you for letting us invite ourselves over to yours Viv, I had a great time! Hope there wasn't too much cleaning up for you to do.

So Alex, Trees, Viv and I had afternoon tea of Christmas pudding (with double cream), Christmas pudding and Black Sesame gelato and cups of tea. General discussions about what's going on in our lives and we got to look at Alex's wedding photos! Yays! It wasn't boring at all Alex, I was looking forward to it muchly :D

And I will definitely pay for the jaffle maker, just give me the price you want for it and I'll come by and pick it up sometime ;) Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the Doubleday blog ;)

Yays for Trees trying new things! She kept picking and eating the pudding. And yays for Alex evening it out, hope you and Alan enjoy the little portion leftover ;)

So I've finished steaming the 2nd pudding and it's now sitting happily in my fridge surrounded by white chocolate & pistachio truffles that Shell and I are giving to church peeps as little Christmas gifts. Apparently I have to keep a quarter of the pud for my mum to eat when she comes back in February. Hmmm... first in, first served I say.

Finished one load of laundry this morning. Thank God I didn't hang it outside, drying nicely in the lounge. Somewhat a good thing we didn't have arvo tea at my house, prefer people not to see my underwear unless it's on me ;) ;P

Monday night was our last Yabs night for the year. Had our Christmas party, BBQ and all. I made cherry cheesecake (which I still have plenty of, it's a soft mess but still lickable). My SS was Veronica, who got me a little Mr. Wonderful. You know, that squeezable speaking man doll that you can get at ModCons (and other various novelty stores). He's sitting on my dashboard right now. Mocking me. Lol.

Anyways, have an early morning at Shell's to make origami boxes for the chocolates. Oh darn, I have to quenelle the choc peppermint truffles and cool. Then melt some more 70% and drizzle over the lot. Going to take some Panadol now before I start the chocs.

Recent purchases:
- 'Called to Care' - Nursing from a christian perspective. I've been looking for a book like this since I started my degree, meanwhile I didn't exactly have the luxury of heading up to Koorong anytime I wanted. Don't you hate it when Koorong has sales the day after you go shopping there. Happens every time...

4 witty remarks:

  • At 08:33, Blogger Alicia said…

    "the best pudding I have ever tasted"

    You get 10 out of 10's from my family. Next year we'd like to pay you for one... :D :D

     
  • At 17:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oooooooh, pudding commissions *evilly twiddles fingers* Tell me by end of November next year if your 100% sure. ;)

    Yays! My pud gets approval! Yays!!

     
  • At 22:38, Blogger Alex said…

    New blog everybody!
    http://thedoubledays.blogspot.com/

    :P

     
  • At 14:01, Blogger Catie said…

    it was awesome pudding. i was meaning to agree with your comment that it didn't need brandy sauce... *shock horror* meanwhile any excuse for brandy sauce is always good :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home