Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Truffles for church friends

Shell and I decided to save some money, time, energy and fridge space and made chocolate truffles as Christmas presents for church peeps. So we spent last week melting chocolate, mixing chocolate, eating chocolate...

So, we were planning on making chocolate moulds, but they didn't turn out right, so we made milk chocolate with the chocolate sprinkles on the bottom right. Peppermint creams which were just finished yesterday. And white chocolate and pistachio, and milk chocolate with peppermint crisp, both drizzled in 70% dark. Peppermint crisp truffles are really gooooood.

We had a good amount of truffles leftover so Shell popped an extra truffle in for Andrew (the orange box). Heeheehee.

Here's the 2nd Christmas pudding, I cut a portion for Shell and her mum and gave her a little jar of brandy sauce. Mmmm...

Other than that, went to Parra to redeem my complimentary voucher at Max Brenner. I got any 2 picks of the pralines. Mmmm... I chose Dark choc with caramel and whiskey, and Praline with cornflakes and pepper. Unfortunately the whiskey praline melted partly on the way home (meeep) but both are now sitting safely in the fridge.
Oh and Shell and I had lunch at Tomoodachi, do not go there, $$$, I had a seafood okonomiyaki. For that amount of money, I'd rather have gone to a Ichiban boshi.

Recent purchases:
- TOL light blue and white strapless dress
- white singlet top from Giordano - was gonna wear under the dress but now... it seems I don't need to...
- Phil's Christmas present

3 witty remarks:

  • At 00:18, Blogger Catie said…

    Yummy... *drools* Still got any leftovers? Can I come visit? ;p

     
  • At 11:22, Blogger Minerva said…

    You can definitely come visit lady. ;) I can probably keep a few truffles, but I can always make another batch ;)

     
  • At 17:52, Blogger Catie said…

    Oooooh....

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home