Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Gals' night at my house

Other than waking early to pick Shell up and head to Koorong, went to Harris Farm pick up groceries, then to the Plaza, then to Shell's house, then back to mine. Gaahhh... so tired.
So basically I cooked Indian last night, with Shelly's help in the pappadums and Aloo Gobi area.
The dinner was:
- okra curry - mmm... I added less salt this time, much, much better
- Aloo Gobi - with 2 less chiles coz I had non-hot people for dinner. I need it to be hotter, it's not as tasty without a good amount of heat.
- Butter chicken - unfortunately I had no kasuri methi and forgot to add a little cream. I had a feeling I was forgetting something. But I think I have to cook it a few more times to get it right.
- basmati rice in the rice cooker
- fresh mango lassis
- cherry, chocolate gelato, cream, raspberry, spumante sundaes

No pics :(

I'm very full though, I now have a huge dish of aloo gobi in the fridge, and at least this fridge looks less full then it did this morning. Maybe I should make aloo gobi jaffles? Darn don't have a jaffle maker (the only time I feel like making jaffles is after cooking too much aloo gobi, and that's 3 times a year???). I need to heat it up with some chilli powder...

You know, the car, from far off: not bad; close up: not that great. *sigh*

Friday morning, I had the scariest experience of my life. Ever wanna see grannies and 40 year old women pretend to pole dance??? Go to Fernwood LPL for the 0930 class. GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! The warm up was pretending to pole dance to "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones. I. Have. NEVER IN MY LIFE. Felt. So. So. So. Dirty... As in I could feel shivers going up my spine and running down my arms and legs just listening and.... GAAAHHHHH!!!! Shell and I left after 5min, and drove to Parra for the blessed Hip Hop class. So much better.

7 witty remarks:

  • At 09:26, Blogger Alicia said…

    Ewwww!!!!

    But... MMmmmmm... Pappadums...

    And, YUMMMYYYYY OKRA!!

     
  • At 10:54, Blogger Minerva said…

    You know about the car. Thinking about it, it's not too bad. That is the car still works, it's still functioning. It's aesthetically unpleasing for sure but it's not bad. I'm looking positive. Isn't it funny, I'm not so stressed about it than I was Monday morning. I just look at the side of the car and hang my head in pain and *sigh*.

    Yea, I feel like more okra. I'm going into Croydon and buying some spices, and then popping into Pure Gelato with their 20% today ;)

     
  • At 20:46, Blogger Catie said…

    I say yummy! And your pudding was delicious, prunes were definitely good. Or at least they must be cos that was really nice chritmas pudding. Thanks for feeding me! My family are all disappointed that you're not here :( they send their love

     
  • At 09:17, Blogger Ang said…

    Wow, I only just fiound out about your car! Poor, stressed Pun. I knocked of a side mirror once, and no matter how bad it is, at least you didn't wipe out a motorbike in the middle of a busy intersection like Lauren did. Hehehe...

     
  • At 01:38, Blogger Minerva said…

    Send my love to your family :D

    Yays! I haven't tried the pudding yet but I think I'll have a slice tomorrow, oh oh, I can bring some over to Trees for afternoon tea. :D

    Wow, that is really bad for Loz. Bad.

     
  • At 01:39, Blogger Minerva said…

    And about the car, at least I know noone will steal it, considering the cost of repairs...

     
  • At 11:06, Blogger Ang said…

    I think on the whole it was probably worse for the motorbike rider, but yes, she was a bit upset.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home