Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, January 19, 2007

Wine or banana milkshake... no brainer, the wine of course

Technically one day of orientation and 4 days of supernumerary this week. I had a slightly miserable week. Thursday was worst. Wednesday was just little things, that was bad. But Thursday wins on suckiness for this week. I had my own patient load of 4 today. A good load too, only one Total Nursing Care and she was nil by mouth for OT, so that made it easy for me. Next week will be the deep end or 10 patients. You know, even though RNs have a huge responsibility, I really didn't expect this amount of paperwork. I'm surprised by it. And even though I'm on supernumerary, I'm already overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge I need to know. I hate it. Hate it. Hate it. This ward has such a large patient load, and each is so heavy. All of my patients today was at least assist x 1. Gaah, I hate it. I had 1/2 a second of tears welling up in my eyes when the RN I was with pulled me aside and said I have to step it up. I just told myself to "Breathe, keep it down, keep it down, just breathe." God help me, I'm gonna be miserable.
So my next Saturday will be free, as well as the Sunday morning and afternoon. Let's go a drinking. Or at least take my mind off this. Currently sitting in my chair in my birth... (think about it Leach, just think about, think about *pokepoke*, drinking some Hazard Hill Plantaganet SSB, clinging onto my hope, for hope is what I cling to.
I have to put in requests for my roster til the 18/3 so Cat, please do something on the 10th coz I've put in my request already. No guarantees I can get it though.

Fi's farewell lunch tomorrow at South Cronulla, damn I gotta pack a lunch. I think I might bring a little of this wine... would that be bad?
Vero's baptism as well at 1600.
?I think Trevor's lunch is on Sunday

To do: (lots, bloody lots)
- Look up most common meds
- Study cardiac, renal, gastro (oh my goodness, the gastro)
- check Fernwood dates to match for roster
- get security key - everytime I go there, nobody's in the bloody office
- do computer training session
- join parking crap
- join Salary Packaging Scheme - in March probably
- PUNCH MYSELF
- study up on drug calculations for syringe drivers - oh man, Wednesday was depressing, I don't wanna think about it, don't wanna think about it *gulps wine*
- PUNCH MYSELF AGAIN
- Do laundry and IRON!!!

2 witty remarks:

  • At 16:18, Blogger Catie said…

    *hugs*
    Go Pun, go! You can do it *starts Pun cheersquad*

    *hugs again*

    Yeah let's go out drinking sometime, or stay in, or whatever. Don't let it get to you too much, ok? :(

     
  • At 17:47, Blogger Vivian said…

    awwwwww *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home