Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Working week 2

Monday and Tuesday were good. Wednesday and Thursday were horrible. I didn't have lunch on Wednesday and I didn't have any break on Thursday. Which meant I survived on half a biscuit and half a cup of tea for a 8.5h shift. I had tears welling up in my eyes and draining down my cheeks Thursday afternoon. Out of tiredness, but moreso out of hunger. I get so hungry I cry and laugh at the same time.
Learning my lesson that breaks are very very important. At least take 5min if you can't take 30min.

I'll be on afternoon shift mostly this week. Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday is my only morning. I really don't appreciate working weekends. I have to request it tomorrow at work.

Well I'm treating my church buddies to Max Brenner tonight, to celebrate my first paycheck. I'll be needing to pick something up to make dinner this week. I think some asparagus, chicken stock and parmesan, I think I'll make a risotto for dinner at work this week. Maybe a pasta puttanesca as well for the weekend.

Lena had her 22nd dinner last night, yays! Had dinner at her house, Karen and I brought steamed har gow, siu mai and siu long bau. Kat brought sushi, and there was homemade pizza, Hokkien noodle stir fry, fried rice, quiche, tuna vol-au-vents and chicken pasta salad. There was chocolate cake, ice cream, fruit salad and Trees' tiramisu for dessert.
Much chatting, much revealing, much laughing, much praising of Wong's sewing skills *nodsnods*, much playing of Wii. Tibbs marking his territory...

So all in all, Leach, Karen and I left at 0255 or so. I didn't get to bed til 0415, that was to get dog smell out. Doggy dog smell...

1 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home