Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, November 14, 2005

First day of what's gonna be a loooong month.

*sigh* not bad today at all, arrived there early, found out another one of my friends Lata is gonna be there for the same time as me. Had a good preceptor today, very friendly and a new grad nurse. Will have a different one tomorrow though. Patients were nice, isn't it strange though? I get along better with the male patients than the female. Or maybe it's because there is a 1:10 ratio of females to males, that's probably the reason actually.

I'm enjoying a very large gin and tonic right now, with a slice of lime. Mmmmm... Gonna have ox tongue tonight... mmmmmm.... oxxx.... tonnggguuuee... And I'm currently experimenting with this reflexology (I don't believe in it) foot massage thingy. It's absolutely bizarre, it shoots vibrations up my calves from the soles of my feet and moves to my lower thigh. It keeps shocking me and feels absolutely bizarre. And before all the innuendo comes out, it just feels weird, in a non-dirty way :P

Found out my watch battery died this morning, so I had to wear my wristwatch today connected via a safety pin to my uniform. Went and replaced the battery at Westfields and got home at around 1730. Feet are killing me, barely sat down all day. *sigh*

Also that I won't be getting a saved placement at Liverpool for 2008. The head of New Grad program spoke to the Director of nursing and she said they don't keep spots for a year. And that I'd have to go through the Consortium again next year. Otherwise (the Head suggested this) that I just go straight for direct entry some time in June next year. *sigh* I have to bring in my declining letter tomorrow and on the nursecon website as well *sigh*.

You know, it's either the heat, the G&T or this bizarre shooting vibrations running up my calves making me really warm. I suspect it's the G&T ;)

Recent purchases:
- swishy skirt from Crossroads, I like it a lot

Current background noise: The Simpsons
Conurrent webpage: HP ff
Current craving: Oxxx... toooonguuue...

16 witty remarks:

  • At 18:12, Blogger Catie said…

    in a non-dirty way?? oh, c'mon pu-un...

    aaawww for not sitting down or having a saved nursing spot.
    yay for G&T and purchases!
    eewwww for ox tongue.

     
  • At 18:15, Blogger Minerva said…

    yuuuuuummmmmy oxxxx toonnnggguuueee.....

     
  • At 18:19, Blogger Alicia said…

    evie - stevie wright!!

    (It's on my new cd too!)

    also by the super band thing...

     
  • At 18:20, Blogger Minerva said…

    damn you're quick woman ;)

     
  • At 18:22, Blogger Alicia said…

    ha!


    *spends too much time on the net not studying*

     
  • At 18:44, Blogger Catie said…

    damn! i thought i recognised it, i was like 'evie'??? but didn't know who by...
    woah, am getting sooo easily distracted

     
  • At 15:07, Blogger Ang said…

    I always think that song's being remade by Jet.I'm dim like that sometimes.

     
  • At 15:08, Blogger Ang said…

    word verification: rbaald!

    where more appropriate for a ribald word verification.

     
  • At 16:22, Blogger Catie said…

    ribald? on pun's blog? never!

    mine is gfukt. i think that's rude :P

     
  • At 18:43, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol, I like Cat's better ;)

    oh man my feet are so damn tired, I really need a looong foot massage... good day today, nice preceptor

     
  • At 13:51, Blogger Catie said…

    no point fishing for foot massages on a blog. i could give you a virtual one?

    *massages pun's feet*

    but don't think you'll get one in reality :p
    yay for nice preceptor!

     
  • At 23:23, Blogger Minerva said…

    awwww... buuuuut... Caaaaaaaaaat... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease......
    Preeeeeeeeeeeetty pleeeeeeeeease... ;)

     
  • At 23:49, Blogger Ang said…

    'course, we all know that in reality you'd be completely weirded out if Cat gave you a foot massage out of nowhere....

     
  • At 23:59, Blogger Minerva said…

    yes, yes I would be.

     
  • At 00:02, Blogger Catie said…

    virtual massages are the best...

     
  • At 13:07, Blogger Catie said…

    although freaking pun out would be almost worth it! :D (almost)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home