Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 19, 2005

One quarter of the month gone (edit)

So my first week was good. Learnt more than I thought I would. Getting into the routine is more enjoyable than being facilitated. Staff kept asking us
"Where's your facilitator?"
"We don't have any."
"Why?" they'd ask.
"We're just so bloody good." I'd answer.
So out of all the clinicals over the past 3 years, this week (so far) was the best. Even though I am craving a foot massage *wink wink*

So, I need to go shopping for next week's breakfast. I've got one afternoon shift on Thursday so maybe I should buy something for dinner, meanwhile I've got that stir through pasta sauce so maybe just pasta for Thursday dinner.

Oh yea, how was Leach's Farewell party? Ate much fooood? Played much soccer? And what time does your plane leave woman??

Oh yes, can anyone else other than Angi, Cat and I make it for HP on the 2nd? Coz we're needing to get advanced tix. So if you can come, please tell us soon.

Current background noise: H2G2
Concurrent webpages: HP ff
Current craving: something for lunch perhaps. Had some roast beef, maybe something a bit more healthy for lunch eh?

Recent purchases:
- well I didn't buy it but my brother did, Elana Stone's debut album, In the Garden of Wild Things
- 2 white shirts for clinical. I tried on one I had bought from Colorado and decided it was much too low, and a bit too tight to wear at a hospital. So I went to Target and bought some more shirts. Much better now.

Need to buy;
- decent thermos for hot drinks at 0600 in morning
- ?blowtorch, I don't know, most of my kitchen shopping sprees are frivolous but this seems too frivolous

NOTE:
I will be making my infamous cognac-ed Christmas puddings very soon. I'll be soaking the fruits over a Thursday and Friday and steaming on the weekend. If Lilyfield wants a small pudding, like the one I made last year, please rsvp. I'm gonna be buying the ingredients today if possible. Although possibly without cognac so I'd have to go buy some brandy instead, my dad's forbade me to use it this year, coz we've only got Henessy XO, well I'm only making one large quantity and of course brandy sauce later but... maybe I can use the VSOP instead. And somehow promise my dad I'm not gonna use a whole 750ml bottle. ;)

12 witty remarks:

  • At 19:19, Blogger Catie said…

    it was hot! but i'm not sunburnt! haha!

    mmmm.... christmas pudding... and i'll make some of my patented (or my family's patented) brandy sauce. christmas isn't christmas without brandy sauce.

    i'm sure you won't fail kat. how was the thing last night?
    i'm soo not writing my essay, essay writing is the last thing i want to be doing right now. summery...

     
  • At 21:27, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes I've heard about Jasmin's. Cheap and delicious I heard. I've always wanted to go there for dinner. Must do sometime :)

     
  • At 22:58, Blogger Catie said…

    mmmm... dinner...
    oops, i forgot dinner, but i had a late lunch, so it's o.k. if i have a late dinner right?
    lebanese food sounds good, let's go sometime! shopping also fun

     
  • At 16:47, Blogger Vivian said…

    I can't do HP if it's going to be at night...

    Glad you found appropriate clothing for clinical, lol

     
  • At 17:29, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, actually I noticed that I had a pt looking down at my shirt a few times. A bit annoying actually, I had to lift my arm to draw the attention back to my face. And dammit I'm wearing skin coloured bras as well. Grrr...
    Well with my luck, he should've been discharged over the weekend.

     
  • At 18:47, Blogger Ang said…

    Tim says he'll come to HP too, if you need numbers.

     
  • At 18:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    does he have a cloak?

     
  • At 18:57, Blogger Catie said…

    let's see, angi has at least three cloaks, you have two, there should be enough to go around...
    people, come! it'll be good! or so bad that it's good or something. if it's bad you can always just laugh at pun and/or angi's reaction to things :)

     
  • At 18:58, Blogger Minerva said…

    reaction? what reaction??
    *Pun starts fanning herself with her hand*

    Can't wait :D *jumps up and down*

     
  • At 19:24, Blogger Ang said…

    Yay! Also, it got great reviews onRotten Tomatoes. 88%. Which is the best rating of any movie released over the next 6 months. C'mon! All tyhe COOL kids are doing it!

     
  • At 23:10, Blogger Catie said…

    what could be cooler than dressing in capes to go see a harry potter movie? ;P

     
  • At 23:12, Blogger Minerva said…

    nothing, absolutely nothign could be cooler! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home