Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, November 11, 2005

So does anyone know the song??

I swear, if I didn't study with my friend Nicole this morning, I never would've known any of the answers for the exam today. Also, es war nicht so schlect. Thank God for friends who force you to study.
It's funny though, we were you know, talking and quizzing each other, and me moaning that "I-am-going-to-run-John-over-with-a-car" and saying "I-am-so-gonna-fail-this-piece-of-crap" she said, "Well, at least we won't do as bad as them" (referring to a bunch of other students who we're JUST reading the lecture notes that afternoon) and she said, "We're in the top 10% of the year, if we do crap, everyone else will do s*** as well."
But you see, I don't see myself as smart, I don't see myself as intelligent or clever. I see myself as pretty average. I don't see myself as top 10%, do I just have a low self-esteem or am I being realistic? *sigh* Ok well yes I'm doing honours but yeaaa... I just don't see myself as smart. Sure I can remember some facts and string them together to work in practice but... I don't know, do I just have a low self-esteem??

Hehe, ok not as bad as Trees' exam, hehehe. But but I'm gonna complain because I can, also if I fail this subject, I don't graduate til 2008 and it won't look good for Honours ;)

Sooo... we were planning on going for Japanese tonight but the place was full up and booked when we got there. So instead we went to this Macanese style cafe, mmmm... nice food. My bro had Baked seafood rice with white wine sauce, dad had Baked tomatoey pork chop with rice. And I had a 4 course meal coz it was end of my exams and I was blimmin' hungry.
1. Minestrone soup with a slice of Italian bread and butter
2. Garden salad with dressing
3. Rare rump steak with black pepper sauce and absolutely delicious mash potato, steamed cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and green beans
4. Creme brulee with the crack crack mmmm... top
And of course, a cuppa milk tea

Sooooo full... gonna burst...

I need to prepare for cardiothoracic and CCU over the weekend. Oi ECGs, digoxin, frusemide, cardiac tamponade, a lot to read over this weekend. And of course the emergency drugs like adrenaline, amiodarone *sigh* I'll do it Sunday.

Current noise background: tv, I don't know what's on, but I missed histoire d'O
Concurrent webpage: HP ff
Current craving: cuppa green tea for antioxidant purposes

25 witty remarks:

  • At 23:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    wowee Karen knows the song!! :) But why in the world does your brother listen to Richard Marx?? But still, this was a song we (some of the team) sang while in Peru/Bolivia *sigh* of course, I had and still have no one Right here waiting. *sigh*

    Yes mum, been in CCU before, but not so acute since it was in Campbelltown. Yes mum, I wills. But in CCU I'll be with a preceptor sooo... I'll probably be left alone to do ECGs and obs and you know generally talking to pts. And dressings and checking on why-in-the-world-is-the-damn-monitor-asytole-when-the-guy-is-obviously-breathing-and-talking-to-me.

     
  • At 00:33, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay for Pun and finishing exams well! I still have 3 of 4 to go... and am not studying very hard...

    *waves flag for Karen's song knowing* I didn't know who it was by...

    Must... Resist... Johngb.com...
    (no, I don't have problems resisting John, I have problems resisting his board...)

    NOTE: NO inverted quotation marks!!

     
  • At 00:44, Blogger Minerva said…

    meh, can't read and can't post. hehe lack of quotation marks takes fun out of everything. ;P

     
  • At 10:46, Blogger Ang said…

    how about dots?

    So it's
    > I have problems resisting his ... board

    Or square bracket insertons, like in newspaper quotes and book reviews? so:

    >I have problems resisting his [insert appropriateadjectives here, eg, long, hard, etc.] board [if you know what I mean].

    Or even stage directions?

    >I have problems resisting his *winks* board *nudges, winks more*

    If Pun has finished her exmas then it's only a matter of time unti the papercut curse strikes.

     
  • At 11:16, Blogger Catie said…

    finished exams! good work!

    mmm... food... but CCU? i am so lost. why are you working in holidays?

    and yes pun, you are smrt. i mean smart :)

     
  • At 12:59, Blogger Minerva said…

    Clinical=working in holidays

    hehehe, actually just keep in the quotation marks Leach coz Angi has just made everything we ever type on these blogs a whoooooooole looooot mooooore sus. ;)

     
  • At 14:57, Blogger Alicia said…

    Anything from us is going to be sus!

    And arn't I going to be more likely to get a paper cut before I finish exams?

     
  • At 17:35, Blogger Alicia said…

    btw you can read confessions and polls (for now) without logging in...

     
  • At 18:09, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok - that does it. As of now you can all have difficulty resisting my web-based board (how's that for a safe adjective!) because I'm making it so that you can read it without being logged in! If you feel like actually commenting or voting or whatever, you can simply take the 14-83 seconds that it will take you to register (depends on how interested you are in putting in your interests etc).

    So come on down!

     
  • At 18:44, Blogger Alicia said…

    From Angi's latest post (which you obviously read thoroughly)...

    >Friendly death (perhaps mild injury? Ok: a paper cut) wished to everyone already on holidays.

     
  • At 19:33, Blogger Minerva said…

    But but but, 'I just finished my exams' does not equate to 'holidays'. Because I won't be on holidays til the 10th of December therefore, a curse on every uni student who finishes exams and clinicals before the 10th of December!! *evil laugh*

     
  • At 21:28, Blogger Catie said…

    exams and then clinical?!?

    how cruel life is...

     
  • At 10:17, Blogger Ang said…

    Yes indeed. But let us not stop Pun'sproblems from wallowing in our own still-sitting-exams self pity.

    Also, aaargh! Is one thing to post things about peoples' "...boards" and another thing entirely to have those people then read it! *hides under desk* I suspect Leach of sending him here deliberately to hear what was being implied about his "web-based board"(if you will). *blush*

    Mind you... "web-based" eh? So that's what these Gargoyle people are into, is it?

    [hah! "safe adjective" indeed! We at Spuninjam always rise to the chalenge!]

     
  • At 15:32, Blogger Catie said…

    if you spun a web between the sydney uni gargoyles, could you surf on it?

    what are we talking about again?

     
  • At 15:39, Blogger Minerva said…

    I don't know really.

     
  • At 16:10, Blogger Ang said…

    I was trying to make some kind of tenous link between webs and either (let's play hangman!)
    b _ _ _ _ ge

    or some kind of

    c y _ _ _ _ _ x

    ::nudgenudge:: and so on

     
  • At 16:16, Blogger Minerva said…

    I still don't get it...

     
  • At 16:39, Blogger Catie said…

    i dunno.

    is there an e?

     
  • At 16:47, Blogger Ang said…

    b _ _ _ _ g e

    no more e's

    c y b e _ _ e x

    in the interests of fairness, I'll put in the letters already shown in one word but missing in the other.

    Gaaah, let us forget this foolish game, I know not why I began it. My point here is that we can make any word, even one so innocuous as "web" as base as you like. (Also, terrible puns are our watchword)

     
  • At 16:58, Blogger Minerva said…

    ok i know the second word but what's the first?

     
  • At 17:31, Blogger Catie said…

    that's kinda what i was thinking. but do i really want to know?

    the word verification looks like fish.

     
  • At 18:01, Blogger Minerva said…

    but I still don't get it... *looks confused*

     
  • At 21:03, Blogger Ang said…

    other things involving webs of various less metaphorical varieties could be spelled _ ondag_

    Jasmin! my template self-deleted! Can I please borrow a copy-pasteof yours? Please? How can I live without a blog?

     
  • At 21:07, Blogger Alicia said…

    The first word is blogpage... yes... But it was FUNNY Angi!! :P

    And i'm sure John appreciated it :P :P

     
  • At 21:08, Blogger Minerva said…

    wha? you crazy woman. oh you silly bugger, go and Pick a new template from the Template page.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home