Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sooooo boooooored... must study...

Had some wine, I swear only half a glass tonight. But feeling quite warm and not study-like. Uggggghhhh...

So concerning HP. Ok, since I'm organising, when can people go?? Thursday 1st is completely out. Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd is good for me. Otherwise, Friday 9th or Saturday 10th is also ideal. But not really for cloak swishing for obvious reasons.
Please comment available dates out of those 4. Sorry to put limitations on this but toooooo bad, I'm on clinical til the 9th and I gotta wake up at 0500 every morning so there's no way in hell it'll be the Thursday or Sunday. And what do people think of advanced tix??

Remember dress code: cloak or cape and optional clothing underneath. I will be wearing something underneath of course ;) Lol, I downloaded a scene from GOF, looks very funny, I think I'll be in giggles for the whole film, or at least part. You know me, laugh at death type. ;)

So please comment and give a preferable date.

EDIT: You know, for a minister, John Donne's poetry's a little racey. ;)

ELEGY XX
TO HIS MISTRESS GOING TO BED

COME, madam, come, all rest my powers defy ;
Until I labour, I in labour lie.
The foe ofttimes, having the foe in sight,
Is tired with standing, though he never fight.
Off with that girdle, like heaven's zone glittering,
But a far fairer world encompassing.
Unpin that spangled breast-plate, which you wear,
That th' eyes of busy fools may be stopp'd there.
Unlace yourself, for that harmonious chime
Tells me from you that now it is bed-time.
Off with that happy busk, which I envy,
That still can be, and still can stand so nigh.
Your gown going off such beauteous state reveals,
As when from flowery meads th' hill's shadow steals.
Off with your wiry coronet, and show
The hairy diadems which on you do grow.
Off with your hose and shoes ; then softly tread
In this love's hallow'd temple, this soft bed.
In such white robes heaven's angels used to be
Revealed to men ; thou, angel, bring'st with thee
A heaven-like Mahomet's paradise ; and though
Ill spirits walk in white, we easily know
By this these angels from an evil sprite ;
Those set our hairs, but these our flesh upright.
Licence my roving hands, and let them go
Before, behind, between, above, below.
O, my America, my Newfoundland,
My kingdom, safest when with one man mann'd,
My mine of precious stones, my empery ;
How am I blest in thus discovering thee !
To enter in these bonds, is to be free ;
Then, where my hand is set, my soul shall be.
Full nakedness ! All joys are due to thee ;
As souls unbodied, bodies unclothed must be
To taste whole joys. Gems which you women use
Are like Atlanta's ball cast in men's views ;
That, when a fool's eye lighteth on a gem,
His earthly soul might court that, not them.
Like pictures, or like books' gay coverings made
For laymen, are all women thus array'd.
Themselves are only mystic books, which we
—Whom their imputed grace will dignify—
Must see reveal'd. Then, since that I may know,
As liberally as to thy midwife show
Thyself ; cast all, yea, this white linen hence ;
There is no penance due to innocence :
To teach thee, I am naked first ; why then,
What needst thou have more covering than a man?

Current background music: OST Bram Stoker's Dracula - Mina/Dracula - this is at the
Mina: "Please I don't care, make me yours..."
Dracula: "Mina you'll be cursed as I am to walk in the shadow of death for... all eternity... I... love you too much... to condemn you..."
*Pun swoons*

Need to do:
STUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYY!

30 witty remarks:

  • At 21:10, Blogger Ang said…

    heh... pun swooned!

    I can do either Friday, but the first Saturday I have a 21st and the second I'll be on a plane.

     
  • At 21:22, Blogger Ang said…

    Oh, and the 2nd would probably be best of those 2.

    Where was this post when Catie spent 3 hours sitting in my room obsessively checking all the blogs and webcomics? You people just don't think, do you?

     
  • At 21:29, Blogger Minerva said…

    :P, so what does Cat want? 2nd as well?

     
  • At 00:06, Blogger Catie said…

    2nd sounds good. i too have a 21st on the 3rd, but i think i said that before? but kat can't come... i dunno about other dates, but was gonna be in canberra, so 2nd sounds good for me :)

    btw, "licence my roving hands"? wow, nothing has changed in centuries, or did he coin that phrase, or is it not a phrase, or what the hell am i talking about? anway, racey is right...

     
  • At 00:44, Blogger Minerva said…

    So who else can we persuade to come??

    Viv - can you come after Glue? what time does glue finish?
    Trees - pleeeease... or will you be in Berry?
    Karen - come on, I've got a cloak all set up for you ;)

    Feel free to invite beaus as well, as long as they dress up too. ;)

    Leach, Wong, Lena, Kat - all unavailable

     
  • At 11:59, Blogger Alicia said…

    Diesel - Tip of my tongue

    yay for Pun shoving stars my way!

     
  • At 12:51, Blogger Minerva said…

    Kat - do you have to go to the 21st??? *wink wink*

    I'm afraid majority will win. But I really don't wanna be 1 of 3 people wearing cloaks. We need more numbers.

     
  • At 13:19, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yeah, I woke up and was like - i'm gonna open my window for some fresh air - and got blasted. So I closed it (to 3 inches) again...

     
  • At 13:34, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh oh oh but I have a spare cloak! It's crushed velvet red! And long, and you'd look like Christine from POTO, well from the AIAOY scene.

    It is very hot today, and I have no fan or air conditioner, which usually leads me to walking around in a big tshirt. hehehehe, but not now, exam in 1 hour.

    you know I think I better stick to rotfwae instead of rotfwaeohbc, the ohbc just has too many dangerous opportunities for... danger... ;) *rotfl I mean rotfwael*

     
  • At 13:44, Blogger Alicia said…

    good LUCK!!!

     
  • At 13:46, Blogger Catie said…

    yah, good luck!

    it's far too hot, 30 or something, and i stupidly opened the windows in the kitchen so it's BOILING and if i close them now it will just trap the heat in *sigh* maybe i will migrate to the library.

     
  • At 17:11, Blogger Catie said…

    sometimes the word verification's hard, with i's and j's or u's and w's and stuff...

    hmm... so is the 2nd a bad time for everyone else? 'cos i'd hate to be influencing it in a direction where it couldn't be attended by anyone else. but i'm not convinced anyone could come anyway... hmmm...

     
  • At 17:24, Blogger Minerva said…

    No no no I can come I can come! We could make it the Friday after (ie 9th) but where are people gonna be>?

     
  • At 17:27, Blogger Vivian said…

    NTE is on 3rd to 11th...

     
  • At 17:37, Blogger Minerva said…

    what is nte? hehe, from the soudns of it, it wouldn't be good to get out of it to see HP eh?

     
  • At 18:36, Blogger Alicia said…

    NTE - National Training Event

    4 days or so of teaching -either a particular passage or topic- then the rest (5?) days of a short term mission somewhere.

    I've heard it's the "Best Christian Camp of the Year" from a friend :D. I would go if I was here...

    hmmm. I've refreshed the word verification 3 times and it's not getting any shorter...

     
  • At 18:37, Blogger Alicia said…

    Ohh thanks, and now it's only 5 letters... humph

     
  • At 19:23, Blogger Ang said…

    I always think it's best when it's pronouceable, you can say it in your head and just type it, not have to look at the screen even letter. Yay fridays! Will ask beau re HP, since we need numbers, but suspect that convincing wil be uphill work.... (stupid beau)

     
  • At 19:24, Blogger Ang said…

    Hey! "qisqst"! Cool wordnoises again! *is tragically, and increasingly obviously putting off Abnormal study*

     
  • At 19:50, Blogger Catie said…

    9th? ummmm... dunno? was gonna go to Canberra. probably should actually, because my parents are getting very pushy... oh well, how is it for everyone else?

     
  • At 20:04, Blogger Minerva said…

    I'm still gonna push for the 2nd. ;)

     
  • At 22:59, Blogger Ang said…

    Push, Jasmin, PUSH!! you can do it!

    (hehehe... it was me this time...)

     
  • At 23:40, Blogger Catie said…

    *groan*

     
  • At 00:07, Blogger Minerva said…

    Sure, I'll push if you gimme some pethidine ;P

     
  • At 00:18, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay! word verification switched from 8 letters to 5!

    I reckon HP or something of more worth watching will be on the flight from Singapore to London on the 10th...

     
  • At 01:23, Blogger Alicia said…

    > Cost: your dignity and possibly freedom if you're only wearing a cloak

    I read this for the first time just then...
    Who's the filthy young woman (ok, maybe old woman then...) ;)

     
  • At 11:45, Blogger Minerva said…

    Hey hey hey, I ain't filthy in typing that. I'm just stating a fact. I believe it's called indecent exposure right Kat? Or is it Do-you-want-to-buy-a-watch syndrome. :p

     
  • At 13:12, Blogger Catie said…

    sure! NTE in canberra, maybe i should go... hmmm... too late now! i'll visit if i can, if you have spare time and i feel that i can face the public transport system...

     
  • At 16:04, Blogger Alicia said…

    Ehehehe! I just bought a cd "vb slab of rock" and it has khe sanh, down under, run to paradise, working class man, to her door, eagle rock, sounds of then (this is Australia), great southern land and some hunters, noiseworks, diesel, hoodoos (that I already have). You know, all those cool songs that you hear on daytime radio and just take for granted...

    Enough to keep off the homesickness (or to give me homesickness, not sure which yet...) :P

     
  • At 18:02, Blogger Catie said…

    yay for leach's cd!

    great idea kat! i'm up for that! ... or for a trip to a nice fjord somewhere to watch icicles form on our eyelashes. mmm... icicles, so nice and icy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home