Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 29, 2005

When you cooked so much the pans are fried...

Well I don't think our newly bought non-stick frying pan survived Christmas. The non-stick teflon or whatever bit is flaking off. Same with our Anolon roasting tray. Hmm... so my bro and I went to Victoria Basement and checked out the frypans and such. So expensive, the stuff I wanted to get would've costed a few hundred dollars, but then again they'd last around 15 to 20 years. Hmmm...
But yea, my bro is boasting and whining about the superiority of Peter's of Kensington over Victoria Basement. Honestly, a 25-year-old man whining about how Peter's of Kensington is better and cheaper. He's talking about a homeware and tupperware store!! A 25-year-old man! *sigh* ah well I'm related to him. At least he recognises quality unlike my dad, who recognises "bargains". So we need to go buy 1 large frypan and 1 smaller one... at Peter's of Kensington. *sigh*

Also went to Parra today. I found Max Brenner!!!! And had my usual of espresso and chocolate truffle frappe and strawberry fondue. But I think they changed the name of it to chocolate dip or something like. My bro had never ever ever been so it was his first time. He had a Cookieshake which was Oreos and white chocolate, he didn't like it much. But he seemed to like the strawberry fondue ;) but he was refusing to dip his finger into the chocolate like Leach and I do every July ;)

Oh yea I got a postcard from Leach today! Yays!!! She's ALIVE!! And it was from zee beeaautifuuuul city of Firenze, Florence. I wanna go there too!! "Must urge arch friends ;P to visit if they haven't already." Yea yea woman, one day woman, one day...
It's a shame the stamps covered so much room on the postcard but it usually happens like that doesn't it? I recognised the domed cathedral, Duomo???, patroned by the Medicis if I remember correctly. I want photos, photos!!

Current background music: Heart - All I wanna do is make love to you
Current mood: yays! I got a postcard! I am so bored.
Concurrent webpage: nil

Recent purchases:
- razor plane grater - I think that's what it's called. My bro's been whining to get one for ages.
- roasting rack and tray - hopefully it'll last longer
- springform cake tin - I've wanted to make cheesecakes and the like for ages but we didn't have a springform tin at home so I always haven't bothered.

Do you think it strange that some people think you're "different" for eating food like zucchini, caramelised onions, olives instead of the meat and 3 veg? I mean some people think eating zucchini, caramelised onions, olives is outta the ordinary, well I guess if they eat meat and 3 veg everyday, zucchini and onion tarts would be different. But meat and 3 veg is so boring...
Yes, well anyway, I made polenta, lamb sausages and herb and garlic roasted truss tomatoes for dinner tonight. Very yummy. We tried to have the last bottle of dodgy, dodgy red wine with dinner, but it was so dodgy... we added 7Up to it coz it was so dodgy. That reminds me, we gotta buy more 7Up coz it's the only way we'd be able to down the rest of the wine.

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home