Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006

There's nothing wrong with the Mortal Kombat soundtracks

I've got MK and MK: Annihilation. I'm telling you, eclectic musical tastes. I used to listen to it MK:A to go to sleep (strange yes). And I really love 3 specific songs on the MK soundtrack, I've put it on repeat and played it for the past few days. It reminds me of early 90s techno, hard metal music and jumping up and down, hands in the air, pumping *cough* music :D

So went to the NSW art gallery tonight, Art After Hours, for B's birthday kinda. Went to see the Archibald paint and photographic selections and had dinner there as well. Got to vote in the People's Choice Archibald, I chose the one with Norman Gunston as the subject. No real reason for it, just liked the portrait.
Had for dinner, mushroom, bacon and tatsoi salad; pasta salad and a cheese plate. B had a glass of pinot noir and Mish and I a glass of semillon sav blanc. It was very nice actually, I might look for the wine now, actually I think I remember seeing it in the copy of Wine Gourmet Traveller.

Then came back to my house for orange juice and steamed treacle pud with butterscotch sauce. Decided not to make it for Monday's YABS. I don't think it's a big group dessert, it's more so a cozy-sit-down-on-the-couch-eating-warmed-pud-drenched-in-butterscotch-sauce-in-front-of-a-log-fire dessert. I think I'll try doubling or making 1.5 batches of the recommended, it always sinks down and is quite small, good for no more than 6 people.

Shopping list:
- SR flour
- light brown sugar
- OJ??

Possible desserts for Monday:
- fruits perhaps, oooh there's raspberries at home, no no that's mine
- little creme brulees
- Eton Mess? Hmmm... or cranachan? Nah, I'll make cranachan for myself, oooh with the raspberries
It's a shame I don't actually eat dessert. Actually tis a good thing.

5 witty remarks:

  • At 15:31, Blogger Catie said…

    Wow, that sounds really good. The art gallery, dinner and dessert that is, not the Mortal Kombat soundtrack. I hear they are terrible movies. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. Whatever it is, video games don't seem to transform well into movies. Not at all.

     
  • At 22:36, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well yea, I loved the video games as a kid. But *sigh* time forces us to move on, and I've forgotten all the buttons to press for the shields and kicks and stuff anyway.

    Will have to go into Vintage Cellars sometime and demand 2005 Plantaganet Hazard Hill Semillon Sauvignon Blanc. Very nice. Very quaffable. ;)

     
  • At 23:52, Blogger Catie said…

    it just doesn't make sense to me that someone would take one of those one-on-one fightin games and thin 'hey, i should make a movie about this'. where's the plot? where are the characters? of coures, i don't think i ever played the games, i got bored with there being one background and i couldn't work out how to make the buttons go. i sound dumd, don't i?

    i approve of anything with the word 'plantaganet' in the name

     
  • At 11:06, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well the characters are there, they've been more fleshed out in the movies. There were several backgrounds ;P Well if you couldn't work the buttons... you probably lost a lot. ;P

     
  • At 17:39, Blogger Catie said…

    i did. it's not the backgrounds, so much as the fact that they didn't change... i juts thought that the style of game was boring. i preferred something more in the style of a quest. like sonic or something. i loved sonic the hedgehog, particularly the character of tails. was never very good at video games though...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home