Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

I can't go to the conference or dinner...

Firstly because we couldn't get additional places coz we were too late in applying. :( But more so coz I'm sick and feel like crap. Actually, my supervisor said she's a keynote speaker and would help me get in, but I feel too sick to go to a 2 day conference in Brighton-le-sands. Dammit, I wanted to know what was happening in heart failure. *sigh*

So I went to the doc today, she's very thorough, I like her. I said "Irritated, dry throat since Thursday morning, clear running discharge from Saturday night, and just started clear light yellow phlegm this morning" (well not exactly phlegm). She checked my glands, took my temperature, and checked my BP, I was astonished to find out it was 137/83. Holy Cow!! That's systolic 20 above my normal 117/74. Meanwhile I'm sick so a bit of hypertension happens. lol, a bit. And she was thorough in asking ear aches AND "Any burning, irritation...?" (as in UTIs), now that's thorough, of course I said no, coz I didn't have any. Funny how you come in with flu symptoms and have questions asked about UTIs.
So it was as I predicted, saltwater gargles, honey and lemon and rest. And if it doesn't get better by Thursday, pay another visit and get a course of amoxycillin in case of a secondary bacterial infection. So if I feel good enough I can go to the conference on Wednesday but nahhh... I doubt I'd get over this that soon. *sigh* I really wanted to go to the conference, even sneaking in. *sigh*

So next week, I'm gonna get a full blood test and my annual flu vaccination. I'm gonna start a baseline blood test every 2 years now. The works, the Hep's, varicella, MMR, HIV just for my own benefit and safety in case of needlestick injuries and such. Karen: you should do it too!

Gaaaaaahhhhhh...

Okay, so should we have a cheap din din in Enmore before watching "Oh Danny Bhoy, the pipes, the pipes are calling"??

Tristan and Isolde: must see!!

2 witty remarks:

  • At 18:52, Blogger Catie said…

    Ewww pun, ewww.

    I dunno about cheap dinner in Newtown, maybe it would be better to eat beforehand? But I guess we can if you wanna.

    Sorry to hear that you're sick. So that means that you won't be staying here on wednesday night? Let me know

     
  • At 00:15, Blogger Minerva said…

    No, we didn't get places for the Wednesday networking dinner either :D which I'm pretty relieved about actually. So no need to stay over. We've actually got a church gals' night on Wednesday :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home