Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 23, 2006

*cough* no really *cough*

Instead of feeling like ****e, I now have downgraded to feeling like garbage. Possibly helped by doing some retail Rx (hehehe).
Went shopping today in btoen, got some stuff, walked around a lot, got dodgy fish for lunch, (sworn never to go to that cafe again, except for pancakes). Will now only go to actual fish joint for seafood. Yea well.

So tonight we had a church girls' night watching Little Britain. Oh my goodness, did anyone else watch tonight's episode. I cracked up and cackled laughing and the girls were kinda mildly shocked at how I was laughing. Now I'm self conscious again, do I laugh funny?? Sadly my genuine laugh is a high-pitched squeal and evil Wicked Witch of the West cackle but for some reason the church people have never heard it. Hmmm. Perhaps I laugh more at Little Britain, with my bro, with my school friends and making up things for HP ff. And Yellow Fever had me rolling on the floor ;) Hmmm.

So yes, I made myself some Chinese-style Jewish penicillin. Yes chicken soup but with a bit of salt, soy sauce and ginger. I'm not exactly sure why I added ginger, oh yes, I didn't have all the ingredients for a western style chicken soup so I stuck to the basics. And for people who do not believe the benefits of chicken soup for a cold, please see here. There's more evidence but it's way too early in the morning and I'm not bothered.
So ladies, get that chicken soup in before the bird flu comes and gets all our chickens (if not us). I think I'll make another batch in a coupla days, western-style. :)

Recent purchases:
- 2 pairs of back shoes - must refund or exchange for another pair tomorrow (wrong size)
- 1 business-style skirt
- Priestess of the White - Trudi Canavan
- MACGYVER SEASON 2!!! - *jumps up and down* now for 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7...

9 witty remarks:

  • At 01:22, Blogger Catie said…

    I'm glad you're feeling better! At least partly.
    I saw Little Britain last night. It was pretty good. How about that moment with the Prime Minister and whats-his-name? That was kind of a shock. Hehehehe, poor Sebastian eh? ;)

     
  • At 01:23, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, that doesn't sound right. I mean I'm gald you're feeling better, even if it is only partly better, rather than that I'm only partly glad you're feeling better.

    :S

     
  • At 01:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol, yes I figured that ;) thank you!

    Only a dry cough now. Yea when the Prime Minister and Gregory?? OMG!!!! I was squealing and cracking up, that was the point where the girls thought I laugh funny. *rolleyes*

     
  • At 07:29, Blogger Alicia said…

    Gai fan and accompanying chicken soup is my comfort food :P I ALWAYS try to have it when I'm sick :D.

     
  • At 11:32, Blogger Catie said…

    I think the only type of chicken soup I've had is chicken noodle cup-a-soup, and I haven't had that in ages. No wonder I'm always sick...

    Hang on, I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not

     
  • At 11:51, Blogger Minerva said…

    What was sarcastic???

     
  • At 23:39, Blogger Vivian said…

    I don't know about another name for "Oh Danny Boy", but there's a hymn called "I Cannot Tell" that gets sung to the same tune =)

     
  • At 23:59, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, we sing to that one too. I always got confused when that hymn got put up coz I know Danny Boy as Danny Boy. Well and the other title.
    But I love the tune, so easy to sing. Well unless you have a pitch problem, not so easy.

     
  • At 02:17, Blogger Catie said…

    really confused by this whole thing.
    danny boy has another title? danny bhoy? ;)
    it's all too too barbershop really

     

Post a Comment

<< Home