Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, March 27, 2006

Londonderry Air

Danny Boy is also known as Londonderry Air. Danny Boy is of course, the more obvious title, I've known it as Danny Boy as a child, and then older when someone pointed out it was called Londonderry Air. *ahhh... nodding*

So Danny Bhoy was on Saturday night. Yays for recordings! You know, I'm not actually that cynical Angi. I may appear to be it with that look on my face but like a Microsoft Word Document, that's my default face, really it is. It's kinda sad that people think I'm more cynical than I really am. Ah well, at least I know what people really think now.

So I've got a meeting with my supervisor on Thursday at Cumberland, gaaahhh gotta get in again somehow, at least this time's it's 1000 instead of 0900. And this time I'm gonna take the bus there instead of walking 40min to the research unit. Hmm... gotta bring lunch. And do a lotta reading related to survey/questionnaire type of quantitative research.
What I HATE about this thesis is I KNOW I can't produce work that would shake the nursing practice world, as in significantly impact practice. It just seems that the research I'll be doing is just to improve my skills and methodology. It's just that if I spend so much time and effort in it, I'd like something useful to come out of it, know what I mean?

Note to self: pack room and vacuum! There's hair everywhere...

TEA ROOM FOR HIGH TEA ON FRIDAY 1800

9 witty remarks:

  • At 19:20, Blogger Catie said…

    well, improving your skills and methodology is of some use, right? it's not useless, that's for sure.
    not sure if i can make high tea, at the moment i don't think i can, but who knows...

    hehehe, pun has a cynical face :)

     
  • At 20:36, Blogger Alicia said…

    I'm going to visit londonderry for a few hours 29/4 :D

     
  • At 23:54, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, seems like the entire point of Hons is to improve skills and methodology.

    I'm really freaking out about this. Honestly, I am hyperventilating, you guys have seen me freak out about little trivial stuff, but this one, I really am worried. I just can't seem to force myself to do anything. I need to be whipped, where's my masochistic side gone??? ... I've never had a masochistic side dammit.

    Can I run off to you Leach?? Oh Leachypoo!

     
  • At 01:04, Blogger Catie said…

    *hugs* *gives pun virtual hot chocolate, with chilli if you like*

    everyone seems to really freak out about honours, so don't start thinking you're too behind yet or anything...
    poor pun :( sorry, attempting virtual comforting via internet. and you know if you need anything... if you need anything edited, particularly, you can just send it over :) hope you feel better

     
  • At 00:26, Blogger Alicia said…

    tch tch G&T NOT ALLOWED! Yes, come run off with me!! I've got no one to travel with!! :O

     
  • At 19:07, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, noone but Liam. Meanwhile he's a brother so there's not AS much fun to be had. Methinks.

    *starts packing luggage*

     
  • At 03:33, Blogger Alicia said…

    Liam's only here for 3 weeks...

     
  • At 09:48, Blogger Catie said…

    so you have a whole lot of eurpoe travel by yourself? argh! i wish I could join you, but still to short on funds... although i did get a job, so that's something

     
  • At 14:03, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yays for Cat getting a job!
    How are they treating you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home