Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, May 05, 2006

Finally my grad...

So I've graduated finally with my Bachelor of Nursing (photos up on My photos). They had to split the Nursing faculty in half coz we were huge! So the 0900 session today was all nursing and the 1200 session (mine) was split with Engineering. And all my friends were at the 0900 session! Dammit. Well I still got to take some photos and get down contact numbers so that was good.
I really don't like standing in photos, my cheeks and jaw were getting tired. I'm so glad I'm not getting married, otherwise hours and hours of cheek-pushing, jaw-locking fakeness.


Can you tell I didn't get any professional photos done?

Well the ceremony was tedious, although I sat next to a friend so sniggering and giggling was often. The Chancellor (we observed) was subtlely (but not so subtlely that we didn't notice) was wiping his hand on his robes after every handshake (kheeheehee!) and that stupid robe, no, not the robe, thingy with the colours on it, was choking me, (I recommend to bring a safety pin ladies for graduation).

So, then we came back after some Pho in Parra, I had an hour's nap and went to the Rhinedorf for German food for din din. Yum! We all had a tasting plate of German cold cuts, kartoffelsalat and pickled vegies, oh yes and the bread.
Me: Jaegerschnitzel (veal schnitzel with spaetzle and red cabbage) mit ein Stein of Hoefbrau Original Muenchen I think it was. They ran out of the Koestritzer dark (you know I prefer dark) so I had to get a light one.
Dad: Berliner Eisbein (boiled pork knuckle with mustard and sauerkraut) and ein Stein of Bitburger Premium Pilsner.
Mum and Auntie Eppie: shared a Schweinehaxen (roast pork knuckle with potatoes and sauerkraut) and also a Bitburger Premium Pilsner. my mum drinks more beer than I thought she did, she finished off my dad's Stein.
Bro: Lammruecken "Haus art" (lamb racks with mash) and ein Stein of DAB.
Then I ordered a Herrenbecher (brandied sour cherries with vanilla ice cream and cream) and cappucinos and a long black for my bro.
Good place to go for very filling German food and not anywhere as expensive as Loewenbraeu.
http://www.rhinedorf.com.au


Dad eating a pork knuckle and mum finishing off dad's beer.

So time to catch up on 2 days of ff now. The Werewolf who stole Christmas has been updated (for random people reading it).

4 witty remarks:

  • At 01:44, Blogger Catie said…

    Congratulations! You're a nurse! A nurse doing honours!
    hehe re photos, and you have to do it all again next year! haha

     
  • At 01:27, Blogger Catie said…

    my mum and dad say congratulations on graduating :)

     
  • At 09:14, Blogger Alicia said…

    *WAVES FLAG FOR PUN*

     
  • At 12:50, Blogger Minerva said…

    Awww... thank you thank you. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home