Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So the latest news...

Went to Westmead to meet up with my supervisors this morning, as well as the absent CNC and cardiologists. After speaking to the cardiologist, my original proposal has been blown back and now instead of doing some more so pioneering work, I am now doing a reproduction study, dammit. I was really looking forward to doing the previous one. So the new one is 'Comparison of psychosocial issues in recipients of pacemakers and ICDs of 3 years'. Dammit, I really, really was looking forward to doing the previous one. I already know the results of this study. Depression, anxiety and stress.

Church tonight was good, well save me drifting off in my lack-of-sleep-i-ness, 3 hours. 3 blimmin' hours. Gaaahhhh... and now it's 0220 and I'm wide awake. Dammit. So yea, 1 Corinthians, I have to say, it's much better reading it in context, much more understandable from when we read it back in highschool.

You know how I'm anal retentive about people being compliant with their medication. I've had a yelling session at my dad for not taking his Zocor. I swear, he went to another doctor in HK who suggested him to stop taking Zocor and try nutritional supplements, what stupid frick of a doctor would tell someone that when once you take Zocor, you take it for the rest of your life.
So before, my dad had a controlled blood cholesterol level of 4.3, then after stopping Zocor, it shot up to 6.4. Stupid idiot, he said "He's a doctor! (in the tone of you can trust anyone who says they're a Dr. but NOT his GP)"
I yelled back, "Is there any evidence for nutritional supplements being better than Zocor?!" "Is there any clinical evidence?!" "Grandma had a stroke, Grandpa had a stroke, what the hell do you think you could get if you don't stay on your medication?!" "Do you want a stroke as well?! You're doubly susceptible to strokes coz of your parents." Then I shouted at him to go to his GP and get a new prescription for Zocor. He's now booked in for a blood chol test Wednesday morning. I swear, my parents are so up and eager to try complementary therapies rather than sticking to something that works, and they've been doing that ever since I was 7 years old.

Anyways,

So can people make it to the German Film Festival of Friday? I'm all up for dinner as well, since it starts at 2100. :) Yes, I know, tape Nerds FC.

Sunday: my Auntie Eppie is coming to Sydney for our graduations. And my mum volunteered my bed and room to her. Yea right, I don't think so mate, I work late at night (obviously). I ain't sacrificing my bed and electric blanket and crashing on the couch for a week. My back hurts enough normally as it is. But it's unbelievable, she's a 50 y.o. woman, and she can't sleep alone in a hotel (Rydges 2 min drive down the road). As in CAN'T sleep alone. She's scared of sleeping alone, she Needs to sleep with other people in the house. Oh... My... Gooodness... are you kidding me?? A 50 y.o. woman??? You're kidding right?? No I'm not. So my brother's gonna crash on the couch and sacrifice his back for a week.

Monday: pick up mum; dental appointment at 1215 to see if I should remove the wisdom tooth. Annoyingly enough it doesn't hurt anymore, because it's fully crowned and out. Ah well, if it does get removed, I'll have some great graduation photos.

5 witty remarks:

  • At 22:49, Blogger Alicia said…

    My brother slept on the floor in my room and sacrificed his back...

    dawww... I got a loving mention on your blog!

    Liam left today... Sorry, no shloer, he's already got a massive backpack and a massive wheely bag and 2 hand carries, and wants to buy stuff in HK!

     
  • At 01:03, Blogger Minerva said…

    You have a good brother, one that is cheap enough not to get a backpacker room. ;)

    Yes, it's because I love you sooooo much Leachypoo. But I gotta tell you something via email.

    No Shloer? *blink blink* bu... bu... Shloer...... ...... come back... come back... wow I wonder how much extra he's gonna have to pay for heavy luggage?

     
  • At 02:01, Blogger Catie said…

    waah! i wanted shloer :(
    I can make it to the film festival on friday! i wrote that on spampage, but my comments haven't been showing up :( Not sure about dinner, I never seem to know what I'm doing, but coffee at least would be nice :) since i never seem to see you these days... awww...

     
  • At 18:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yays! Can Angi or Sylvia come?? I've got a coupla church gals coming along too. :)

     
  • At 00:19, Blogger Catie said…

    Ummm, not sure. Angi might, but she has an assignment, so might not make it. Sylvia was non-committal, as far as I remember.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home