Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 09, 2006

I've been doing a lot more driving than I thought I would have...

Other than driving to the gym in Moorebank, I've been driving to Parra and Koorong as well. My parking is abysmal, even though Shell says it's not bad. So what's the best angle to turn into a parking spot (angle parking)?

I've been taught to aim for A, but quickly turn the steering wheel into X. But how about the rear-to-kerb parking into spot Y? My reverse angle parking could possibly be worse than my forward angle parking... *droops head*
Well, I'm home alone til the 27th. So my house is on offer for a (long-awaited) LOTR ext. marathon if ladies wanna come over. I suspect the 16th will be off limits though. Or just feel free to pop over when bored (and before 0000, I don't fancy having to start entertaining people when I'm walking around in underwear). I have juice! And soy milk! And an unhealthy amount of chocolate! And lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals...

I bought some water spinach yesterday and I'm trying to discover ways of cooking it. Usually it's stir fried in veg oil, sugar, shrimp sauce and water. Do I add red chilli as well (for that kick)? Or maybe garlic? But that would be Malay style eh? I think I'll get a book on Cantonese cooking with this fabulous 20% off Borders coupon.

I need to test batch some chocolates as well, argh I need food colouring too. Darnit. Well, well, it's only 1230... I think I'll drive up to the shops and buy some, I wonder if there's anything else I need to get... but that means I have to get changed out of my sarong... and it's so comfortable in this... *sighs*

Argh, that reminds me, I gotta dust, vacuum and clean, and do the ironing, and pack my clothes into my drawers. A lot of dusting...

Recent purchases:
- Secret Santa gift
- Christmas gift for MichelleG
- Christmas gift for Josh
- Bday gift for B - Leach, how much do I owe you?
- 'SHE' by Rebecca St. James
- 'And She Lived Happily Ever After' by Skip McDonald. Let's see how these last 2 books fare, better than 'Captivating' I hope.
- a few chocolate moulds - Shell and I are planning on making chocolates for Christmas, from the 2 of us. Well I do have the house free and I'm not exactly doing anything eh?

Still need to get:
- other half of B's Christmas present
- Christmas pudding ingredients
- brandy for cherries?? Or maybe I should just eat them or cook them this time? Okay, if you guys come over, we're having cherries for dinner.

Don't mind me, I'm just brainstorming what I can do with the cherries
- brandied cherries - lol yea, (tasted like) there was more brandy than there was cherry
- cherry, chocolate parfait - bottom layer of cherries brandied overnight, then layer of vanilla icecream, then maybe chunks of pineapple, then dark choc mousse, then kiwifruit, then whipped cream with a little caster sugar, then chocolate shavings??
- cherry and almond muffins
- cherry juice and champagne
- cherry cheesecake/cake
- chocolate covered cherries
- crepes with brandied/macerated cherries
- Jamie Oliver style - from the bottom up: pitted cherries, creme fraiche, dark chocolate icecream/gelato, segmented oranges, creme fraiche, dark chocolate icecream/gelato, bashed Maltesers, top with Prosecco.

3 witty remarks:

  • At 17:41, Blogger Vivian said…

    Mmmmmm...cherries.....*mouth waters*

     
  • At 21:38, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, I bought 5 kilos of cherries last Saturday. I think I have 3.5kg left. Looking through some recipes now.

     
  • At 19:29, Blogger Catie said…

    i'm going to canberra this week, how dare you have a LOTR marathon without me! grrr...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home