Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, November 10, 2006

Haven't seen Ann for ages...

Isn't it amazing what time does? 4 years ago, we had finished the HSC. We were on schoolies. And some packing for Britain. We were planning on which uni course to do and whether to get Ls...

Now one of us are getting married, some of us are dating, more people have their licences, more people are working, one of us are in Armidale, at least one of us is very widely travelled, we've acquired qualifications, some of us have graduated and working fulltime. I think we've accomplished something in these past 4 years. Good on us!

It's amazing watching people grow and change and mature. Watch their lives change from something you've always known them for, to something completely out of the ordinary.

Met up with an old primary school friend/best friend today in Parra. And her friend from Wollongong. It's amazing how much she's changed. And to find out what she's doing now and how life is going (I hadn't seen her since August or September last year). I wish I watched her grow, at least in these past 4 years, I wish I was there for her.

But it's hard to be there for people so far off, at least distance wise, and non-emailling wise, as we've found out. *snickers*

Red dress turned out magnificently. I am in love with the launderer's cleaning skills. Now need to sew up rip.

Sad but joyful news for some: our minister is leaving in February and taking a position in Melbourne. All the best for Trevor and Ilana and that they do well in Melbourne. Pray that we find a shepherd for our flock in GHall.

Reminders:
- book in Ps test Booked in for Friday 1st Dec 1220. Lord help me!

Recent purchases:
- cheap pair of thongs
- TOL red dress - 20% off clothing til 14th November - *looks sheepish*
- Match Point DVD - ebay baby!
- Loreena McKennitt - An Ancient Muse - preordered from Barnes & Noble (US) and will be shipped Nov. 21st. Hopefully, in Sydney by mid December.
- 3 DVDs off Madman - Thanks Leach for the 1.5h heads up ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
1: Just got it from TOL. Wear to Alex's ceremony maybe? It's a daytime dress.
2: Don't know about wearing it for the reception though? I think I still can... maybe with the proper shoes and makeup... well I've only really got the pointy gold ones for it.
3. Only problem is I'm currently wearing it with a safety pin, as all TOL dresses are immodestly low.
4: No safety pin! HEEELLLLOOO EVERYONE!

I think I'll curl my hair as well.

4 witty remarks:

  • At 21:49, Blogger Alicia said…

    Errr... Hi Pun...

    Yay for being widely travelled!

     
  • At 22:41, Blogger Minerva said…

    Perhaps I should clarify, matching numbers to photos...
    1 2
    3 4

     
  • At 13:01, Blogger Catie said…

    yay for red dress being clean!
    and weddings to go to!
    and wow, you've booked your P's test? I really should, heard they're changing to 120 hours needed, so wanna get Ps before then. Just need to work on reverse parking...

     
  • At 13:14, Blogger Alicia said…

    120!!!!! Argh!

    Maybe I should tell Ben... But then he'll get his P's earlier! No!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home