Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pancakes & Perfume

So after a busy day (on my side) we met up in the Rocks for pancakes. I was feeling nauseous the whole day, so Leach had to finish off my Mexicana crepes, soo tasty but feeling sooo nauseous. What is this feeling? This nauseating feeling which came up yeserday, why did it come up? Coz I'm so nervous about what's to happen perhaps...

So obviously I went for:
Pun: Mexicana crepes with side order of chips
Leach: Tabriz crepes with side order of wedges
Lena: Chicken & mushroom crepes & coke
Kat & Cat: Grilled eggplant pizza
AND NO DESSERT!!!
But lemon, lime & bitters all around.


You know, I'm feeling nauseous now, maybe I need to get something down my gob.

Perfume:
Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, perfumer, murderer, monster, loner. I think the difference between the movie and the novel, is that they portray him in the film as someone who's repentent of what he's done. They show that he was in love with the Plum girl (the first girl he murdered, even though that was an accidental killing) but in the novel he's just a heartless killer.
I would love to have Laure's red hair! Anyone? Anyone? *droops head* Asian girl can't do that hair if tanned.
It's quite an eerie movie, I've never read a novel like this before, Sueskind is very critical of society, of its people and it's quite dark. The MO scene was interesting, I've never seen such a huge amount of naked people in one scene (for such a long amount of time). There were a couple of additions, and some minor changes to help the plot move along quicker, but all in all, it pretty much followed the novel.
I recommend people to read the novel first, then see the movie if a visual aid is needed to imagine the olfactory sensations. :)

Yes, I'm seeing someone right now. I have to speak to him about whether to announce or just keep it silent until MORE people figure it out. Leach and Cat have convinced me to rethink it. But I'd love to announce it... it must be the first time excitement, man I sound like a 14 year old girl.

5 witty remarks:

  • At 08:54, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yeah, I read the book yesterday, I don't think the movie spoiled it though. The book is very clever and I really enjoyed it!

    I don't think the movie made him seem repentant, but it does make a few of the murders seem hesitant, accidental or because of circumstances when actually all of them in the book are carefully planned...

     
  • At 13:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well it made him kind of repentant of the Plum Girl's accidental murder, as evidenced by the additional love scene near the end of the movie.
    (Maybe they needed to give Karoline Herfurth more screen time)

     
  • At 15:01, Blogger Alicia said…

    I thought that love scene wasn't to show his repentance about killing her but more that he wished he were loved... And then I read the book and it was similar... But whatever...

     
  • At 20:34, Blogger Vivian said…

    I ran into Trees on the bus today...so Pun, what's this you have to tell us, hrmmmm? =P

     
  • At 15:59, Blogger Catie said…

    That's not what we meant! Is it? I mean not what I meant... I don't think...
    Anyway, movie was good but very very creepy. Creepy I tells ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home