Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Haven't posted in nearly a month...

Well quite a lot has happened in the past month

CNYE dinner my parents invited Phil over for dinner as well, so it was the usual, steamed fish, pork knuckle, faat choy & fungi, steamed chicken, beef and green beans, abalone & broccoli, prawns in a tomatoey sauce. So Phil ate it *wipes away a tear, so proud*

CNY dinner Rhinedorf dinner, chicken schnitzel for Phil, mum & dad had the Berliner Eisbein, my bro had he Rinder Rouladen and I had the Huehnerbrust Rhinedorf. And beers of course. Then Phil & I went to see '27 dresses' which wasn't bad at all, I enjoyed it, funny and sweet, predictable but good :)

Parentals lunch mum and dad came back (dad's still here) so we had lunch at Phil's, so it was the meeting of zee parentals. Yikes, I was a little nervous, but barely, but I kept myself occupied by prepping the food and such. Phil and I paid coz we insisted, and my parents provided dessert. Oooooh baby, blueberry cheesecake from Pasticceria Cavallaro's, sooooo good...

Valentine's Day on Thursday I was working overtime in CCU, and worked a late early, arrrrgh... so I was thinking of popping by Phil's in the evening alas, money was calling, as was sleep by the time I got home at 2245.

Friday 15th We went out for our 1 year anniversary, La Guillotine in Kent St. Mmmm... spicy garlicky snails, Phil had the fish of the day, John Dory, and I had the Chateaubriand, mmm... And 'Definitely, Maybe' at the movies, very good, tender, sweet, but not so much that you'd gag.

Yesterday 16th Dave & Jo's wedding, at Jo's church and then the reception at Clarence House. Good to go to a wedding, fun times. Just know I'd have different music at mine, please of Cat & Trees, please have slow dancing music like Buble or Sinatra or good ol' Ella. It's kinda hard to slow dance to YMCA. Yes YMCA.
I wish we could've spent more time with each other, I just wanted to wrap my arms around Phil and not let go, but he had to work today, so sleep is important.

This Thursday, I've been a very bad girl... I had blood tests done 2 weeks ago, and I have high blood cholesterol and high BSL as well. I'm going for an oral glucose test on Thursday so it's Sick Leave, and we're trying to figure out whether I'm diabetic. Ha! Well.
So I've re-joined the gym (surprisingly cheaper than last time), and I'm improving my diet more i.e. changing permanently to Flora Pro-activ, more veg and fruit, and not having dinner out, or possibly as much at other people's homes... Also changed to sweetener instead of sugar.

So another blood test in 3 months, otherwise I'm gonna need cholesterol meds, ah ha *nodding* bad... yes I should know better...

I also bought a car! Toyota Yaris YRS, red with the safety pack, so I'm now down on a car loan. Won't get it til March but YAYS!!!!!!!

I've sorted my budget, and I worked it to the last dollar. As in $2800 per month, and I've worked it to $2800. Also my brother's going to HK for a job interview, which means if he gets it, he'll be staying and I will have the house to myself! As well as the bills...

Cheerios! Hope you ladies are doing well! Pray that I don't have diabetes please
Miss you guys a lot.

7 witty remarks:

  • At 11:28, Blogger Alicia said…

    Noooo diabetes... Having to watch what you eat... ARGGH!!

    Car eh? Nice going, sold off/traded in the other one?

    Red goes faster!!

    So... If you have the house to yourself... Would you just stay there instead of finding another place? You could always buy it off your 'rents... Paying them instead of a bank loan... Much nicer...

     
  • At 23:40, Blogger Catie said…

    Yay for new car! Go you!

    I have a new car too :) well, it's about 10 years old, but that's pretty new. And its green and not red.

    Hope the blood pressure stuff goes well. I've been hearing lately that sweeteners not so good for you, and that you're better off with normal sugar? Oh well, not sure on all the details.

    Would be great to catch up sometime, I was thinking of writing an email as an alternative to waking you up with phone calls but then I thought that your email was unreliable... :( Anyhow, hope you don't get too snowed under with work. And wow, one year anniversary! That time went pretty fast...

     
  • At 17:59, Blogger Alex said…

    Wow - it must be new car season... We're getting a new Mazda2 (silver) this Friday! So exciting!

    Hope you're OK Pun and don't have diabetes. Haven't checked your blog in ages... it's lovely to hear what you're up to. Will be really nice to see you again hopefully soon too.

    Also I noticed you have Therese's hens night on your events... hmmm I haven't heard anything about it?

    Hope you gals are all well
    All my love

     
  • At 19:51, Blogger trees said…

    Hi everyone! Pun asked me about my hens night a while back cos she has shift work and needs to block out the date in advance. My sister is planning it as we speak :) don't worry, of course you're all invited, even Leach, I'm sure you can fly back for it!

     
  • At 19:53, Blogger trees said…

    oh yeah, I remembered that I was actually wanting to comment on Pun's blog. Fingers crossed for you that you don't have diabetes. Make sure you get your 5 veges and 2 fruit in a day also!

    Maybe it's about time for a catch-up... everyone seems to be free-ish...

     
  • At 09:57, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay, catch up! It is new car season - maybe we started a trend :) How did your tests go Pun? Hope you're diabetes-free! And how was Thursdays lunch?

    xx

    Kat

     
  • At 22:37, Blogger Minerva said…

    Argh so many comments, so weird...

    I haven't got my results yet, that is they should be out tomorrow (Tues) but I don't have time to see my GP until Wednesday or Thursday (depending on when my dad needs the car serviced etc.) or Saturday

    Leach: yea I really hope I'm not diabetic. It would really, really suck. Coz I'd insist on controlling it via diet, but if it's uncontrolled, I'd have to go on meds... and that'll be same for my cholesterol...
    Yep, I'm trading in the A3 yays!!
    Do you mean "finding another place when we're married"? No, there's nooo... way... in... hell... we're living here when we're married. Besides, it would need to be knocked down and rebuilt, and besides, I don't wanna live in my bedroom.

    Cat: Do you have your Ps?? Yea I've also heard that sweetener is worst than sugar, but then again, sweetness isn't all that good for anyone anyway. I've just turned to sweetener in case I am diabetic.
    Email is currently more reliable than phone calling, so please feel free to email all you like, it's easier than writing up a post. However I will post my results up.

    Hi Alex!! *waves frantically* wow it definitely is a new car thing, my other friend also got a car last week as well. How's zee work going? Our second year of fulltime work

    Trees: yea I'm praying, and so are others, *sighs* we'll see, we'll see. I really wanna meet up, but I can't...

    Kat: Thursday lunch was alright, very short. We went to Btown for lunch in a RSL kinda style bistro/cafeteria, it was Vietnamese food but Phil got a lil' ill, food-related or not *shrugs* but dad enjoyed it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home