Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Have fun on the long weekend

Thanks for the long and informative responses from the last post, it's much appreciated, truly. Still, it will have to thought about.

Actually, I did have a talk to the lady who said Phil and I are a "clique", and of course there are other issues related to the unavailability of either of us to stay back at church or go to outings etc. But I did emphasise the fact that we are adults, that those who are working fulltime just don't have the time to spare now. Such is life.

Sad I know, but it's the truth.

Yea, being less coupley is hard though, we can't help it, we want to hold hands, we want to hug each other, we want to wrap our arms around each other. It's like losing another part of yourself when we have to be apart (I KNOW my single self would be smacking herself now). And PDAs, I have to say, didn't make me uncomfortable, it made me feel very happy for the couple, and now, as part of the lovin couple who loves PDAs, I don't take notice of others, yea that's bad. But I'm putting more conscious effort into it now that it has been mentioned. That is not showing an overly lot of it in front of churchmates.

So this past 3 weeks hasn't been toooo... bad. EXCEPT FOR THE JERK WHO HIT MY CAR!! Yes it has happened again, this time I was parked in LPL in one of the streets between the hospital and the highway. Monday afternoon I walked to my car, popped my bags in the passenger seat, walked around the back to check my P-plates were still on (yes they were), then around to the driver's side, and there was a large dent plus paint scrape on my door. Breathe in and out, breathe in and out, breathe in and out, checked the windscreen for any messages, breathed again. I really, really hate dishonest people. Some bloody red car driver reversed (as guessed by Phil) into my car and left. Bastards! Nearly all my tax returns have gone to the blimmin' car! I called up GIO and they said I have to pay ANOTHER excess fee (per claim) to get it fixed, absolute crap! No I'm not putting a claim in. I can't lower the window down very far either, because of the dent in the side, not that I would anyway, I don't fancy driving around LPL with windows down. God give me patience to deal with this one now, my insurance is skyrocketing next year.

Work has been tedious. Staff at CCL need to learn to trust me and trust I'm not a nursing student, I tend to snap at people if they repeat things to me too much, especially when I understood it the first time. So work has been tedious, staff aren't all that welcoming, they try, they do, but the atmosphere just doesn't seem as friendly. So the 0900-1700 (well really 0700-1530 pr 0800-1630) is very routine, scrubbing, scouting, removing sheaths. I think I'll be quite satisfactory at coronary angiograms by end of next week. And I'm allergic to Chlorhexidine!! Which means I have to wash my hands in Betadine for the surgical scrub, so I come home smelling slightly like raw seafood. Hmmm...

Well I won't be having a long weekend coz I'll be working at CCU on Monday, dammit. I need the money anyway. I think 200% on Monday.

So I need to take a shower and finish this tonguewurst roll and tea and 2 paracetamol (headache) before Phil comes over. We're heading to Harris Farm plus lunch. Talk to you ladies later.

I am now meh-*shrugs* to PLC reunion now... coz I have that Monday as my RDO. I'll think about it a bit more, and see who else is going...

How are you ladies theses going? ;)

GOOD FOOD MONTH LADIES IN OCTOBER!
Check out http://www.gfm.smh.com.au
Come on ladies, I have one day off and that's Monday 8th, let's go get Luncheon ;)

6 witty remarks:

  • At 23:24, Blogger Catie said…

    200% sounds good! I don't have a long weekend, I have a thesis to write... :( due on wednesday, but then finished! I'll be so happy! and I'll be at the reunion... as I've said on spampage i know. hope more ppl are going. would you bring phil if so? undecided on whether to bring andrew. also, what to wear? :) hehe

     
  • At 23:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    I think I'll pass on the reunion, I have just over $500 in my spending account, and that's really really bad. Besides, Phil & I have to get Josh's birthday present on the coming weekend so I need money for that.
    And I'm thinking of dragging Phil out to the Night Noodle Markets ;)

     
  • At 11:34, Blogger Catie said…

    oh... please? We have very different perceptions of money, I get happy if I have over $500 in my spending account.
    Night Noodle markets sound like a good idea, and possibly luncheon on Monday 8th, but have no idea if I have to work or anything.

     
  • At 22:16, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well duuude, I still have to get petrol, buy the groceries, pay off the gym etc.

    Monday night I think I'll take Phil out to the Night Noodle Markets, 1700 to 2100. Early dinner sounds good eh?

     
  • At 15:58, Blogger Catie said…

    no no, fair enough and all, just differences...

    night noodle market sounds good, i hear very good things, hope you both enjoy it :)

     
  • At 22:40, Blogger Catie said…

    that wasn't an "oh, puhlease" by the way, it was an 'awwww... please come'. I realise it looked confusing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home