Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wow, it's coming up to 3 weeks that I haven't posted

Yesterday 6/11/2007:
I came home last night after watching the boys play soccer, and dinner at Phil's. My brother was on the phone to dad, Uncle Victor died in the afternoon. He was found collapsed face down at home (in HK) by my grandma and the domestic helper. So far, the cause hasn't been determined yet, I'm guessing heart attack or stroke, but dad said he looked peaceful so it was probably a stroke. Pray for my Auntie Eppie and Grandma, pray God gives them peace and protection. My aunt is distraught and I hope she's staying sane right now, Uncle Victor died in their home so it would be hard for her to return at night and sleep in their bed. Pray God gives them peace.
I'm ok with his passing, I'm not exactly close with family in HK but he was a close-r uncle so it is sad to see him passing away. Is it bad that I haven't dropped a single tear? Or that life goes on regardless?

Lately:
- had a gelati date with Leach ;) Bought lemon, passionfruit, mango, banana choc chip, pina colada, ricotta & honey
- had a very enjoyable lunch with Rebecca, whom I'll be picking up in Sunday am's for church

I have a day off on Friday, thank the Lord, I know that tomorrow at work is gonna be chockablock full so I'll be needing some rest. Shame I'm busy the whole damn day Friday.
Friday's to-do list:
AM:
- wake up, do laundry, hang up in house, breakfast perhaps
- drive to GIO assessment centre (pick up Phil on way) 0845 PRINT OUT QUOTE
- drop by Aldi and buy pizza bases and nonsuch
- drop Phil off at home and drop groceries at my house (IF PHIL HOWEVER STILL HAS A SORE FINGER, I AM TAKING HIM TO THE GP FOR AN XRAY REFERRAL TO RADIATE HIS HAND, THEN RADIATE HIS HAND, THEN BACK TO THE GP, THEN BACK HOME) Darling if your finger is sore, and you haven't gone to the GP by Friday, I'm taking you and I don't care what you say, don't waste 4 hours of waiting time Philip coz we're not going shopping if your finger hurts.
- otherwise, shopping for presents
PM:
- lunch at shops
- go grocery and gift shopping
- back to my place, make-your-own pizzas and eat (Thanks for the pizza idea Leach! Delicious banana, carrot & zucchini cake ;) And the gardenias have dried and died but they still have a lovely waft in my bedroom. I need to figure out what to do with all the bay leaves).
- leave at 2130

Shopping for:
- Dave's 18th birthday presents: POTC3 OST and LOTR 3 separate books, oooh Booooorders...
- possibly something for Amy's 21st
- pizza ingredients: pineapple, ham, pizza base sauce, mozzarella grated cheese, olives, capsicum, salami, onions
- soft drink (for Phil)
- Pura tone milk, broccoli, beans, fruit!!

Meeting up with Cat at 1300 on Saturday, please feel free to come. I have 4 hours in the city, I think, I need to be back to get ready for an 80s themed 21st party. Noooo... not again, I can't think of what to wear, now that the weather's all playing up. Ok, must figure out what to wear by Friday night, also gotta sort out transport times for Saturday.

MUST DO:
- see Wong before she leaves for Canada for a year (or more)
- have Yum Cha get together
- have Malay food get together
- buy Santana tickets
- fart
- set alarms for the weekend will I ever get to sleep in now?
- speak to the NUM at CCU about possible job

2 witty remarks:

  • At 01:58, Blogger Catie said…

    Yay for meeting up!
    You sound busy, as usual. Sorry to hear about your uncle. :(

     
  • At 00:13, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay for pizza bases! You can dry out the bay leaves for use later (aren't bought bay leaves usu. dry anyhow?) or just collect more next time you're by...

    You can fart on your own missy... :P

    Ummm... Tearwise... I think grief for people you don't see regularly doesn't really hit unless you attend the funeral or have close contact with others who are grieving... Otherwise you'll only notice when you see something that reminds you and you'll think of them and be like 'oh, yeah, that's right... :('.

    And life does go on... But I guess it reminds you to treasure what you've got when you have it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home