Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Finally, a long weekend

Well these 3 days are my long weekend, woohoo!!
Plans:
Saturday: bugger all
Sunday: church in am, lunch with Morrins, go grocery shopping, church in pm, dinner with Phil at my house
Monday: wake up early and take car to panelbeaters, go into city to buy Josh's bday present, have dinner at Night Noodle Markets

It's not been very easy to assimilate into CCL. It's very cliquey, it doesn't help that the NUM is part of that clique. But there are a couple of people who are easy to get along with. It just takes time to adjust to a new member of staff anyway, I guess. It's different for me this time coz it doesn't take me such a long time to assimilate in normally. It's coming up to 4 weeks. Hmmm. Another 3.5 months to go at CCL. My employment is still uncertain at LHS. I need to apply at CCU (coz that's where I wanna go) some time soon. I'm hoping my annual leave is approved as well. I applied for Christmas Eve onwards for 3 weeks. $20 I won't get it.
In other news, I have approval to go to an Intra-aortic balloon pump workshop in November which should be good. I have to get a money order first, then give all the paperwork to the NUM and it should be approved through. Woot! I've always wanted to learn about IABPs. And it'll come in very handy at CCL and CCU.

I have a new phone and plan btw, still the same number but now I'm with 3 instead of Optus. I need to get a cover for the phone, it's gonna get scratchy, scratch scratched.

So I need to go huge grocery shopping tomorrow: but then again, it depends on how many times I'll be eating at home this week... OR maybe I should buy a crapload of food from Night Noodle Markets for this week, ooooh sooo tempting!
- fruit - pawpaw, strawberries, tomatoes
- veg - broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, beans
- fish - salmon and something else
- cheese - Ambrosia (for Maria at work), a big block of roll cheese, maybe not ambrosia this week, harvati maybe, parmesan
- salami or cold cuts - for rolls
- yoghurt - for brekky
- bread rolls (to buy on Monday)
- laundry detergent
- Just Right
- jelly
- margarine

Our locum minister's last Sunday service is on the 14th, and we're bringing in food for a Thankyou lunch, I'm leaning towards broccoli penne plus a dessert of some kind, Jelly!
And for our new minister's ordination service on the 17th, I think I'll make pikelets, I'll just buy some margarine, I don't fancy using my Flora Pro-active stuff. Or maybe fairybread. Hmmm...

Anyways, I have to take a shower while this treacle pudding is steaming. I'm going over to Phil's for dinner. See you ladies later, hope the theses are up and running.

1 witty remarks:

  • At 01:18, Blogger Catie said…

    up and running and run into the hands of my markers... unless you are specifically talking to Leach who actually has to get things up and running. which sounds tough. but my thesis is done, and i am now bludging a little too much...
    sounds like a good weekend. how were the night noodle markets?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home