Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 06, 2008

As you've waited for an update...

Cat's Hens - Rowda Ya Habibi in Newtown, oooooooh baby delicious!! Chicken and lamb kebabs, tabouli (very fresh), hommous, babaganoush, Lebanese bread, crispy oooh very good falafel, fried eggplant, green beans, rice & crispy warm ladies' fingers. We were entertained by a belly dancer and wild shaking of our bride Cat & various others. Much talking, laughing and discussion re: the future weddings and marriage in general. Unfortunately Trees & I had to go early, coz I had to go to work the next day :(

Trees' Hens - a lunch held at Bar Galante's in Leichhardt, a delicous lunch of pasta, eggs benedict, bowls of chips (quickly devoured by one bride), antipasti, deliciousness all around. Lena having a sip of my macchiato and much preferring Karen's mocha. Trees and party went indoor rockclimbing afterwards, even battling sinue problems. However I headed off early as well dropping people off in Strathfield, needing to go back to Phil's for dinner.


Cat & Andrew's wedding - yes you have been waiting for it, photos are up on the sidebar. Held at All Saints Anglican Petersham at 1200, the bride came considerably later, definitely past 1230 (that was the last time I looked at the clock). The bridesmaids looked absolutely gorgeous and amazing. The bride was stunning, very formfitting gown, how did she get into it?? She looked so beautiful *tears welling*. The whole time, Cat & Andrew had eyes only for each other, meeeeep!!
Afterwards we went to Kat & Dave's to wait between the ceremony and reception. Sophie, Nagisa, Kat, Dave, Karen, Viv, myself, Phil, Alex, Alan and Trees & Cameron joined us afterwards. Phil & Dave went to get a meat pie, while we had Turkish bread, hommous & basil pesto as a pre dinner snack.
Our trip to Mosman was interesting, thank God other people knew directions, it was set up beautifully inside, cozy but airy (when not dancing). Canapes were served with pre-dinner drinks (sweetcorn fritters and hoisin duck tarts), and dinner was served at our tables self-serve style.
Speeches were given by David Croaker, Mr. Strange, Sylvia, Enoch & Luke and the Bride and Groom. Then the dancing!!
Van Morrison - Moondance, I love you Catriona!! There wasn't too much pushing to be done to get Phil to the dancefloor and we danced!! *heart cries with joy*
We missed out on taking a group photo with Cat but we had one of our own after the bridal couple left. Then the wonderful Philip drove my car up to the entrance of the gallery and picked up Sophie, Nagisa and I to take on home. We dropped Sophie & Nagisa off in Leichhardt and Phil dropped me off at home.
The hotel and honeymoon is a mystery, Cat wouldn't tell us where, but I'm sure they're having fun. I'm missing Leach and Wong a lot, I hope you guys are having a good time overseas, you guys better be back when I get hitched!

Anyways back to work, ED is hell on earth, frustrating, I'm learning a lot, by frustrating. But I'm getting more money! Yays!

4 witty remarks:

  • At 00:45, Blogger Alicia said…

    Thanks so much for the piccys!!

    Man, I`m missing you guys too, I wish I was there and keep thinking I should`ave been home for these 2 months... But too late now! (And serious lack of money anyhow...)

    I am having tonnes of fun, going on a massive bike ride tmrw; so better get some sleep now! Well, after I download my camera!

    Love Alicia

     
  • At 17:25, Blogger Angela said…

    Yay! But it was Louie Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald, non the Nat Coles singing Cheek to Cheek! (That's why he says "take it Ella, swing it!")

     
  • At 23:15, Blogger Minerva said…

    Ooops, I couldn't tell between whom it was, will change now.

     
  • At 23:02, Blogger Alicia said…

    So... Raining?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home