Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Afternoon tea with Cat

On the first of the month, after Phil and I were in the city to pay for our airfares and travel insurance, Cat and I had afternoon tea at Sheraton on the Park, Gallery Tea Lounge. Much talking-ness, much laughing-ness, much discussion. Much, much fooood. Nooooo... scones...

We each had a pot of English breakfast tea with a little almond? biscotti on the saucer and a large 3 tiered masterpiece to share. There were options of the Traditional Afternoon tea set or the Contemporary Afternoon tea, so we went for the traditional. Raspberry macaroon - mmm...; Opera gateaux; Passionfruit Mousse cake?; I know it's a tart of sorts and I know the white part was meringue but I don't remember the flavour.

Scones (one fruit scone) with jam and King Island double cream, which I had none of *I know, I know, for shame, for shame*, I'm on a low carb diet dammit.
Tabouli in a spinach wrap; Smoked salmon and chives on white; Roast beef on rye?; Crostini with ham, half a gherkin, mini yellow Romas and tomato salsa.

And afterwards most of us had dinner at Chedi Thai as a spontaneous get-together, the Thai was delicious, at least the part that I had. ;) Sorry, no photos.

In other news, I'm wonderfully viral right now, I think a geriatric gave me the flu when he openly coughed in my face, and sadly he's currently admitted having IV antibiotics. I however, have taken 2 days off work, struggling to breathe. I can't seem to bring my temperature up either, I've been trying to bring my temperature up to 36.0 but I've been hitting 35.8. Yep, not so good. And feeling ill has made me throw the diet out the window, I need my honey and lemon, and my carbs.

2 witty remarks:

  • At 10:17, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Pun, I'm sorry you're feeling viral. Are you feeling any better yet?

    Hugs!

    x x x x x x x x xx

     
  • At 11:05, Blogger Catie said…

    That sounds bad... Not the afternoon tea, which was delicious :) But the flu. Hope you feel better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home