Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Back to uni now

*yawns* Damn, haven't done any homework yet. Bugger, *sigh* need to do research on the autocratic leadership in nursing. *sigh* boring. And a 60% interview paper due the Monday after Kat's. Eep. So not a happy chappy.

Anyways, I steamed a treacle pudding this arvo, testing out the taste before I make another one for tomorrow night. Gonna have the butterscotch sauce with it as well. And maybe some cream. Mmm...

Need to buy some vegies and fruit on Tuesday, after uni. Let's see:
- green beans
- eggplant maybe
- green leafy thingies
- mandarins
- strawberries

Saturday's 21st party was good, got to see people I haven't seen in ages! Birthday girl was lovely, had tears welling up during speeches and seriously threatening to pour out. I'm so glad we're (school people) still in contact even if it is virtually. I've missed out on hearing what's been happening in Ann's life and considering we were very close, it's a huge shame to not know what's going on and be there for her. Must call, chat and meet up.

You know, something that just bugs me, slightly, but still bugs me. How there are jokes about you, that everyone knows, but the joke is 6 years old, but someone, someone still brings it up. But it's just not funny anymore, or it just wasn't funny in the first place but they keep bringing it up. I think I just ramble-typed there and people have no idea what I'm saying *sigh*. Just bugs me. But you can't be rude enough to say "Shut up, you don't know the whole story, there's more to it than that." *sigh*

So, in discussion with numerous other people. I'm going elegant to Kat's this week. Not going cocktail, formal or anywhere close to red carpet. What are others wearing? Also I am Not going to wear a feather boa because it's not a hen's party, and if I ever do wear a feather boa, I insist on a flapper theme.

Will probably post later this week, head (eyes on computer too long) starting to hurt and the new Canterbury Tales are on ABC in 12minutes, gives me plenty of time to heat up butterscotch sauce, make a cuppa tea and cut a slice of treacle pudding. Anybody want some?

2 witty remarks:

  • At 16:20, Blogger Catie said…

    i want treacle pudding! actually, i have no idea what it would taste like, but on principle...

     
  • At 16:23, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, and the song is secret smile by semisonic. this is shameful, it's a great song, why haven't any of you heard it? *glares*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home