Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 14, 2005

One more week of clinical for this block! Yays!

New song up and Karen's 21st up in my photobucket.

*sigh* Gotta take a shower after I post this up, and finish watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (I love that movie! Cheesy and very 80s/early 90s). Then gotta do some reading up and research for palliative care and my NC subjects. Oi vey.

I got to sleep round 0400 this morning. Yikes, and woke up round 1300. Suprisingly, those 2 glasses of champers and 1 and a half of the red didn't really do much to me. Normally 2 glasses of white would knock me out easy, but then again, restaurant glasses are smaller than normal wine glasses. Champers wasn't too bad at all, although I really wanna try Veuve Clicquot. :D

I really feel like making a pudding or a dessert of some kind, I love Rick Stein recipes. Hmm... bread and butter pudding... hmm... no white bread... white wine syllabub... hmm... no white wine... English trifle... hmm... hmm... hmm... will probably lead to a CVA, better not. I think I'll make one after this week's clinical. Then I can drown myself in custard and double cream. Oh yea... I've still got strawberries and double cream, although I wanna try to make butterbeer ;) I read the recipe off mugglenet and will probably make some homemade butterscotch sauce later this arvo.

Another 21st this Saturday, freezing cold down in Woollongong. Yea, how in the world did Wong walk around in those heels and dress? Crazy insane woman! And then Kat's 21st the week after, then Angi's 20th after that. Dude, when am I gonna do my assessments?? I can't fail this year.

Poor Leach bubs, hope you feel better you poor nutter. Unable to hold food down, I've never even connected that with you. Drink some chicken soup, fill up with water, for nightcaps, a cuppa black tea with dark rum or hot buttered rum's not bad either. And don't freeze woman! Going skiing... don't make yourself any worse!

5 witty remarks:

  • At 21:30, Blogger Catie said…

    cold day in july, by dixie chicks.
    woohoo!
    off to eat dinner, beef noodles w/ black bean sauce and so on. mmm... food...

     
  • At 18:31, Blogger Ang said…

    damn catie, stealing my computer to answer these song things and snitch my rightful stars and pursuant toffee apple.

    Also, you will note that on Spampage she complains that she ran out of batteries with which to print her assignment. I think we can all see why now....

    Also, the lamb black bean udon thingy less than totally successful, but v. high in vitamins.

    In other news, good lucl with your assignments.

     
  • At 00:11, Blogger Catie said…

    also, butterbeer sounds good. but can something fictional ever work out the same in reality? obviously it depends on how you imagine it...
    enjoy the 21st! even if it is in wollongong. everyone's growing up... hehehehe

     
  • At 12:51, Blogger Minerva said…

    oh yea kat's. i dunno. oh yes, a lift from strath stn if possible pretty, pretty please.

    The recipe for butterbeer was easy enough, but didn't taste that great, but that's possibly because I don't have a sweet tooth.

    Yes, I really want that drink from Solitaire Mystery, in the chapter Six of hearts. :)

     
  • At 19:22, Blogger Vivian said…

    mmmm, yummy drinks....i dreamt the other night that i was drinking beer and enjoying it (hahahaha)....must be the subconscious effects of that Carlton BIG Ad, it's the best ad on tv at the moment, so funny....

    Oh Trees....can i get a lift too (pretty please with a cherry on top)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home