Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Mmm... coconut juice so good

Song twas Songbird by Eva Cassidy. Yes pretty ambiguous song really.

Yes chocolate twas good. Karen, Angi, Tim and Cat had a great wild goose chase around DJ before actually finding Max Brenner near the books and perfume section. Mexican spicy chocolate is very yummy, also had a Belgian waffle with strawberries, banana and chocolate sauce. Mmmm... Then we went touring around DJ foodhall, ooh the antipasti bar looks goooood. However tad too expensive so we went to The G Spot as introduced by Kat. Had a fisherman's basket and orange and carrot juice, mmm... and Karen had a Chix tortilla wrap?

Just went over to Lilyfield yesterday to drop off clothes and presents for Al's on Friday. That's about as close as cocktail dress as I'm gonna get. I'll have to bring over jewellery and makeup and such on Friday. And if ze wonderful, splendiferous Angi picks me up from Btown on Friday, you don't have to pay me for the present??? *huggles*

Just finished watching Ray with my brother. I wanna go dancing now! Good movie, recommended for anyone who loves R&B and Ray Charles music.

I bought Rick Stein's Main Courses and Starters the day before last on ABC Shop. Saves me $10 if I shop online. Yea! Man, I'm just all talking about food don't I?

Oh yea... Sunday is the celebration for Autumn Moon Festival, we bought some barramundi and lobster for dinner. I gotta figure out how to have the lobster. Maybe with some butter, salt and black pepper. We bought it cooked already coz it's too much hassle sticking a pair of chopsticks up the...
And then of course there's the mooncakes... mmm... oh and we have a ton of strawberries as well that we bought at the seafood markets yesterday, 3 punnets for $5 and they're sweet as well. Gotta wash them after I wash the dishes.

So I've got clinical next week at Bankstown Community Health. I have to remember how to do a PR examination, good Lord... I really don't wanna do something PR without proper gloves and washsink. But the nurses sound nice enough (through a phone call) let's see what they're like next week.

9 witty remarks:

  • At 21:56, Blogger Ang said…

    Catie's irritated with me for not knowing the song. She keeps singing the words out to me in the hope that I'll get it. But I've got nothing.

     
  • At 00:58, Blogger Catie said…

    well, it's not so much of a competition at the moment... should i give out clues? think jessica simpson and the words "completely ruined" and maybe you'll get it. or else i could just guess. whichever, depends how impatient i get...
    how is the contest rigged? these are great songs. well, this one is. and secret smile. so sweet, secret smile... ah :)

     
  • At 02:36, Blogger Minerva said…

    I didn't know this song had to do with Jessica Simpson? Am I completely lost?

    You'll definitely know the song when you hear it, or read the next coupla lines.

     
  • At 18:55, Blogger Catie said…

    it was a very subtle clue... there is a new versioon, i think by her, that is absolutely terrible.
    or else i am the one who is completely lost.

     
  • At 22:41, Blogger Ang said…

    It wouldn't be "these boots are made for walking" by Nancy Sinatra, would it? If so, Cat should get 5 of the stars.

     
  • At 23:01, Blogger Minerva said…

    nope, tis not 'these boots'
    tsk tsk
    I did put a clue in my post. tsk tsk

     
  • At 18:10, Blogger Catie said…

    o.k., i was wrong, but it so is! i know those lyrics... dammit. but something to do with ray charles then? i'm so confused...

     
  • At 18:13, Blogger Catie said…

    damn, sorry, i see now, it's 'hit the road jack'. so annoying, it's just that the two have so many similarities. now i am prepared to face the hatred of you all... it's still nancy sinatra right?

     
  • At 20:08, Blogger Minerva said…

    *sigh* ok song null and void now.
    Tis 'Hit the road Jack' by Ray Charles

    'These boots' are different lyrics.

    "You keep saying you've got something for me.
    something you call love, but confess.
    You've been messin' where you shouldn't have been a messin'
    and now someone else is gettin' all your best.

    These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
    one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.

    You keep lying, when you oughta be truthin'
    and you keep losin' when you oughta not bet.
    You keep samin' when you oughta be changin'.
    Now what's right is right, but you ain't been right yet.

    These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
    one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.

    You keep playin' where you shouldn't be playin
    and you keep thinkin' that you´ll never get burnt.
    Ha! I just found me a brand new box of matches yeah
    and what he know you ain't HAD time to learn.

    Are you ready boots? Start walkin'!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home