Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Damn my back is sore.

*cough*Hmm... I suspect I won't be working on the weekends next year if I do full time honours. I spoke to dad just then and he suggests full time coz he knows I'll have a breakdown (or more I suggested I'll have a breakdown next year). Hehe.

Should go write my speech now, but the internet's still really slow, not that I don't have the info on my comp already. *sigh*

No, I've never heard of AFES, I suspect that's because I go to a different uni from you guys. And I haven't been going to the Studentlife, coz times either clash or I'm not actually at uni for 1/3 of the semester.

Damn, my back's still really sore... I don't have any nurofen at home, darnit. *sigh* guess I'd have to sleep with my legs on a coupla pillows tonight. And I'm really bloated, maybe I should drink some Metamucil *looks at Leach* ;P You never know, I may be preggers (ha!).

Actually one of my friends at uni, ok colleagues that I get along well with, is 7 months preggers and I didn't even notice til last week. And that was only when another friend asked how long to go. Well she is Muslim and I don't usually look at people's (who are shorter than me) torso and legs. I didn't even know she was married. Hmm... ok not THAT greater friend, I really should pay attention bit more. Or you know, sit next to her and make more than banal chatter.

Mum and Dad's 30th wedding anniversary is next March. And they don't know what to do for it. I keep suggesting to take it in January when my mum gets 2 weeks off, but nowhere seems to be that appealing to the BOTH of them. So for a weeklong second honeymoon, they DON'T wanna go to the Pacific, too far from HK (understandable), NO Muslim countries (including Indo, Malaysia, Brunei), dad wants to go to Beijing (mum doesn't), mum wants to go to England and France next month, for 5 days only!! (Are you kidding??! 5 days isn't even enough for London!).

So any suggestions? Last suggestion is spending the whole 2 weeks in Sydney. I'm suggesting Hunter Valley wine tasting, or Adelaide, or Melbourne. But considering they're Honkie, they'll find what I find interesting, quite boring. And dad insists on taking my bro and I to the Hunter Valley as well if they go. I insist on NO WAY IN BLIMEY HELL! I don't wanna be there ruining my parents' second honeymoon. And that means I'd have to share a room with my bro, and it's not fun when the farting is confined to one room, I mean in a house at least there's more room to waft... ;P ;P

Also I'd rather either
a) Go with a bf for a weekend
b) Go with a buncha gal friends and have a very much 100% sober *cough* weekend

So, how's uni going for you guys? I will stop ranting for awhile.

4 witty remarks:

  • At 02:16, Blogger Alicia said…

    Ah, I know this one... Santana - smooth. I think. Took me so long to remember the next line/title, but I knew who it was so I thought it'd come to me...

    Mmm... Hunter Valley... We should go - uh, next, um... christmas holidays 2006-07! pah! I'm running out of time here! :O

    You haven't been going to Studentlife? I have... Well, tomorrow _edit_ today will be my second time... I decided u'know I have a free night in the week, why not.

    Still have weds free and was thinking of taking flute lessons again, but it probably won't be worth it until I get back.

    Doh! I'm already lining up stuff to do when I get back next year and don't even know if i'm accepted yet!

    Go full time... You know you want that travel concession...

     
  • At 17:35, Blogger Catie said…

    wow, posting on this blog is like getting through airport security. lucky i'm not a spammer. or am i?
    yay for sober *cough* weekends in the hunter valley! let's do it! may agree with leach about the date, but that's just because i have this feeling i won't be out of debt until then.
    i have nurofen(read: angi has it, but i will steal it for you)! and you can have it too... all you need to do is come to my house, and bring dessert of some kind. mwahahahahaha

     
  • At 17:51, Blogger Catie said…

    ah, uni o.k., just realised, dunno how to get tomeeting place, but will find it... i hope *gulp*

     
  • At 21:19, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yay for Leach, finally she got both artist and title.

    Oh yea, my bro and I (being the absolutely wonderul kids we are) got told just this year that our parents' wedding anniversary is actually March 14 and not March 17, which we thought was the actual date for the past 20 years. Oops, so I don't think it's the same date as your parents anymore.

    We should get together when our parents try to pull us into some anniversary thing.

    CAT:
    NEXT TO ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, THE MACCAS THERE, BEHIND CHINATOWN, ACROSS THE ROAD FROM COLD ROCK.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home