Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Quizzes

What's my pirate name? Arrr... http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate
I'm Black Bess Vane
"Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!"

What house are you in? HP related http://www.thealmightyguru.com/reviews/harrypotter/docs/quiz-house.html
I'm a Gryffindor lion. Grrr...

Oh and nicked off another webpage. Answers please.

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Somewhere with trees, preferably built into the forest like Rivendell. But also close to somewhere with decent cafes and restaurants.

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
My glow-in-the-dark Elmo pj tshirt. It's short enough to wear in summer and it has no collar so it doensn't annoy my neck when I kick and scream at night. Also I don't wear pj bottoms. ;)

3. FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE (or TARGET) SEX?
Shoulders, I love a pair of strong, broad shoulders. ;)

4. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
Kate Rusby's The Girl Who Couldn't Fly on ebay just under 2 weeks ago. Listening to it now.

5. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
A public toilet, with no toilet paper.

6. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
None, if I don't know you, you don't touch me. Feet.

7. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
Strong in mind, not too strong though. Some people can be idiotic enough to have every confidence in themselves.

8. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Right now, 0700 or 0730. This weekend, it'll be 1000.

9. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Appliance, currently the electric kettle or waffle maker. But I think the kettle will have to win coz I feel like a cuppa.

10. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
My brother and my parents pissing me off. Particularly about my job choices and twisting it around to racial issues.

11. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
None, why play when you can dance instead? Probably uillean pipes or harp.

12. FAVORITE COLOR?
Black, although that's not really a colour... I'd have to say dark brown, although tangerine is growing on me.

13. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
Sports car baby

14. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
No.

15. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe by CS Lewis. Has always been a favourite.

16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Autumn, warm enough for tshirts and skirts, but cold enough for hot chocolate. Also open doors, orange coloured falling leaves, cool nights.

17. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE MAGICAL SKILL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Oooh difficult. Animagus into a phoenix, yea!

18. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
n/a

19. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Physical objects such as balls, boyfriends, nope. Tasks yes.

20. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
One of my old best friends Jessica, I don't know where she is right now. I miss talking to her.

21. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
None, it depends on what my hair looks like.

22. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
Shoes to be put into Vinny's box, leads, picnic blanket.

23. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Sushi if I'm feeling healthy. But a hamburger with the lot coz it's comfort food.

24. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
Well, it is a blogspot so I'd have to say Cat.

25. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Karen.

26. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM?
Stole it off another blog.

27. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON?
City Hunter anime!! I can't resist a randy mercenary. *cough*

28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Something out with friends is always great for me. Otherwise, my dad's pork and preserved duck egg congee and fried beef egg noodles. Also comfort food.

29. IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ONE FANTASY SERVANT, WHO WOULD IT BE? Eg. chaffeur, masseuse, butler, gardener, other.
Chaffeur. I need one that doesn't complain about having take me anywhere, or plays crap music in the car, or stops by at friends' houses.

30. ARE YOU PLANNING ON SEEING HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE WITH PUN THIS YEAR?
Yes, yes I am.

11 witty remarks:

  • At 01:24, Blogger Catie said…

    Mad Dog Rackham: Part crazy, part mangy, all rabid, you're the pirate all the others fear might just snap soon. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!
    I'm pretty worried now...
    Couldn't get the house sorting to work. Stupid little button wouldn't press. Annoying.

    1.A remote scottish island. And it would be a library, made of glass. And probably magical.
    2. Brown swirly dress:) Also defunct jeans. They were perfect.
    3. True, but I like a nice face.
    4. One for my sister, and Bright Eyes. 'Tis great.
    5. Boarding House dining room.
    6. Shoulders?
    7. Strong in mind, no question
    8. Morning??
    9. My toaster! And the woddle maker, thanks pun
    10. I can never tell until it happens. Unfortunately.
    11. Violin, becuase I tried, or guitar, so versatile.
    12. Green. Or blue. Dark brown is your favourite colour?
    13. We all know SUVs are evil... and called 4WDs! So sportscar.
    14. yes.
    15. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
    16. Has always been Autumn, but summer is growing on me.
    17. Too much Harry Potter... Some kind of teleportation? Or flying. Or invisibility.
    18. none
    19. a little.
    20. My great-aunt. She was really cool.
    21. Saturday.
    22. If I only had a car...
    23. Sushi, cos most hamburgers are not so nice. Old fashioned truck-stop hamburgers prob. an exception to that.
    24. Oh the shame, it's true! Must kick net addiction... later
    25. I concur. Or those who don't check blogs at all, like Hellena, or more so Lauren
    26. Pun... Obviously...
    27. Apart from The Simpsons?
    28. Meatloaf and baked potatoes and other vegetables... mmm... or pizza.
    29. A chaffeur would be handy, but butlers are very classy...
    30. Only if I can dress up. :p

     
  • At 15:51, Blogger Alicia said…

    "Dirty Anne Kidd"
    You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

    I'm Gryffindor too...

    Might come back for the quiz another time

     
  • At 16:31, Blogger Ang said…

    " IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ONE FANTASY SERVANT, WHO WOULD IT BE? Eg. chaffeur, masseuse, butler, gardener, other.
    Chaffeur. I need one that doesn't complain about having take me anywhere, or plays crap music in the car, or stops by at friends' houses"

    this wouldn't e someone beinh pointed about other people's cds, now, would it?

     
  • At 18:43, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh no no no Angi, was referring to my bro who plays Cantopop in the car and drives me insane because of extreme cheesyness and bad screeching sounding.

     
  • At 19:49, Blogger Vivian said…

    Oh bugger it! The song is lady in red, but i don't know the artist...

     
  • At 20:00, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, it's pretty hard eh? I don't think anyone would know it, I'll give you the 10 stars. :)

     
  • At 20:02, Blogger Vivian said…

    Black Morgan Rackham

    Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

    Yay, I get ten stars! Arr!

     
  • At 20:12, Blogger Vivian said…

    I'm a Hufflepuff! boohoo...

    "loyal, dependable, and hardworking"

    Pfft! No I'm not! :P

     
  • At 23:28, Blogger Catie said…

    yep, am using firefox. so i guess that's it. will do the quiz when i get back to internet explorer.
    hehehe, hufflepuff. i'm going for ravenclaw myself, most overlooked of houses.

     
  • At 01:00, Blogger Alicia said…

    1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
    What do you mean IF? I can! I'll just hide out for a while doing the calculations.
    Heh, NEAR the beach but not on the sandy land (unless i can contain it laterally!)

    2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
    At the moment - my wetsuit (see a theme here?)
    Don't really have a fav.

    3. FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE (or TARGET) SEX?
    Confidence (that's physical right?)

    4. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
    Ummmm...??? Too long ago. I'd like to buy U2 - all that you can't leave behind, or antiskeptic...

    5. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
    1m from where I can catch the wave (ok ok i'll try and stop). Um... In a small room with angry people.

    6. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
    As long as it's free! Shoulders, I guess.

    7. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
    Ooooh... Strong in stomach?

    8. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
    Preferably after 9am unless surfing is in the morning program.

    9. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
    umm. Microwave - warm food, fast.

    10. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
    Bus drivers not letting you on when you knock on the door. Maybe it's just frustration... um. dunno. I remembered a while ago but forgot again.

    11. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    The flute, cause it's beautiful!

    12. FAVORITE COLOR?
    Blue. But many are nice...

    13. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
    Supra! Though i'll live with a Celica. (Go Toyotas!)

    14. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
    Yes!

    15. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
    Oooh... Terry Pratchett - Truckers, Diggers, Wings... even though I read it as a "young adult" wait. now Laura Ingalls - Little house on the Prairie. Or Brian Jacques - redwall series *drools*

    16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
    Winter has been. You can snuggle in bed warmth for ages without feeling gross... (Also beaches more empty.)
    Actually, whatever season it is now. No point wishing it were the past or the future.

    17. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE MAGICAL SKILL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    The ability to make myself study diligently and effectively without distraction.

    18. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
    Don't have one, i mean, imagine the pain? HELLO!!?

    19. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
    Um. I think I can (which is not the same as being able to). Not about to prove it either way.

    20. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
    Errrm?... dunno

    21. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
    Oneday + one

    22. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
    Don't have one. But what was in the trunk of the last car I drove -1/3 surfboard (it extends to the front of the car) a bucket with a wet wetsuit. A bottle of water for the car, a spare green P. Bag with towel, sunscreen, bible, notebook, pen, clothing...

    23. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
    FOOOD IS GOOD!!!
    Hamburger - more of it (generally), better priced.

    24. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
    Email! Ha! I laugh in the face of... well... anything really. Your face is quite funny... :P

    25. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
    Stalkers of Pun

    26. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM?
    My laptop!

    27. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON?
    Jap anime. Don't have a fav...

    28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
    Food!
    Fish markets lunch!
    Ahhh...
    anything "ALL YOU CAN EAT"
    (except scrambled eggs or oily bacon in the early morning)

    29. IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ONE FANTASY SERVANT, WHO WOULD IT BE? Eg. chaffeur, masseuse, butler, gardener, other.
    Surf/ski/sport instructor? (+physio?)

    30. ARE YOU PLANNING ON SEEING HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE WITH PUN THIS YEAR?
    I second Cat.

     
  • At 14:06, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, favourite *childrens* book. i didn't see the childrean's part. so, unless you count LOTR as a kid's book, i'll go with 'hounds of the morrigan', or narnia.
    highly recommended list includes diana wynne jones, esp. 'castle in the air' and 'the magicians of caprona'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home