Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, October 03, 2005

I really should be doing that assessment.

But I'm not, terrible, terrible, how could they ever be crazy enough to offer me Honours. I'm gonna fudge the results and hand it in on the deadline.

Well the colloquium wasn't too bad. Free tea and coffee, muffins, pastries, and a free buffet lunch. Hoo yea!
Also found out how seriously fulltime an Honours is. Eeeep. Will probably not work and study next year. Will probably defer now after finding out more about it. In other news, I'm building a good rapport with my old tutors (now phD student and another lecturer).

Watched Bram Stoker's Dracula yesterday, definitely my favourite horror flick of all time. I love how Gary Oldman can humanise Dracula, even though he's a blood sucking old letch. Hehehe, I wouldn't mind being Mina, in the dinner, absinthe and dancing scene. The biting scene and ripping open corset bit I can pass on. I swear what are these absolutely bizarre fanta... dreams of mine... ...???

Lol, yes, Trees, I really do want to live somewhere with you. As long as they have soft, padded walls and jackets with lotsa straps too. ;) Nah... they'd more likely be surrounded by cigarette smoke and chemical restraints.

You know, I truly believe that when Leach gets hitched, her and her husband +/- kids will spend more on their grocery bill than the house itself.

So we're getting dressed up for HP? What will it be, swishing cloaks and robes or pyjamas?

Current background noise: Softies mix MD: It must have been love - Roxette
Concurrent webpages: Psychiatric Nursing: Biological and Behavioural concepts by Deborah Antai-Otong
Current mood: slightly depressed over amount of work, lack of sleep, and huge amount of procrastination. Essentially self-pity and feel like drowning myself in mead, which is incidently in the fridge.
Recent purchases:
- The vegetarian student cookbook - not vegeterian myself but has good recipes, unfortunately there's a lotta egg recipes and egg + Pun = very baaad decision, as in baaaad bowel decision. But it's good coz it was 20% off.
- The Odyssey (the matching one to The Illiad) - yes I am an anal retentive freak and if I wasn't one, I wouldn't be me
- Long black satin slip/dress - I've been wearing it in for the past day, have to undo a coupla buttons, tis a tad too can't-wear-bra-otherwise-can't-breathe-properly thing.

13 witty remarks:

  • At 11:38, Blogger Ang said…

    Cloaks for HP! *owns 2*

    And pun! I'mashamed of you!
    -> "when Leach gets hitched, her and her husband..."

    SHE and her husband! My goodness. But yes, quite possibly. But didn't Viv say that she and JJ were already? awwww....

     
  • At 12:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, well shoot me. My grammar tis bad, sehr sehr schlect, oder?

    wha? wha? wha? JJ?? wha? wha? wha?

     
  • At 12:55, Blogger Ang said…

    La vie en Rose -Louis Armstrong.


    heh, stars and wit. jeah.

     
  • At 13:02, Blogger Catie said…

    ooh, free buffet, sounds good :) wow, nursing is so cool, you get so many perks.

    my archaeology lecturer really freaked me out about honours too, by opening with "it's a nightmare", and then elaborating. i think he's exaggerating. i HOPE he's exaggerating. no matter, either way. so good luck with it, whatever way you decide to go with it.
    have you read the illiad?
    there's apparently a jazz festival in manly atm, by the way. damn esays.

     
  • At 13:32, Blogger Minerva said…

    10 stars for Angi :)

    yes, I'm hoping honours is not a nightmare but *shrugs* we'll either adapt or break down. whichever.

    no haven't read the entire illiad yet. I tend to skip to the actual interesting bits of it. lol.

    Yea, there's a jazz festival and darling harbour Fiesta!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Whyy???!!!!!

     
  • At 19:52, Blogger Catie said…

    i wanna go dancing!
    yes, friends are cruel, yesterday on the way to the library nagisa invited me to the jazz festival, and i couldn't go!! how cruel is that!!! and with friends like trees, pun and karen, you get used to it... :p



    (maybe i should include myself on that list?)

     
  • At 20:53, Blogger Alicia said…

    Trees said: not a grain of truth anywhere.

    THAT'S RIGHT!!

    I hope not to get hitched for AGES yet, anyway, I'M not the one so desperate to be dreaming about 40+ yo men!! (Yes my friends, friends can be cruel... :P )

    I mean JJ?... SO not happening! I kicked him on the back of the knee to try and make him collapse WHILE WALKING IN BROADWAY Pun. *ach, get out of the gutter*. I didn't think it was that ambigous...

    All you can eat buffet? Why didn't I do nursing?! All we get is all you can eat BBQs... and they're not even free...

    I'd say cloaks OVER PJ'S but I don't have one... :( and we've all seen my homemade costume skills :C

     
  • At 21:50, Blogger Ang said…

    Actually, when I said that that whole bit of your blog seemed suggestive, Leach, I meant the visible bit:
    Look:
    "My holidays have been great, i did aforementioned stuff and saw CATCF with Viv and James - and tried to do to James what I did to Steve on Ancon ('cause he'd been on a hardcore 2 day hike)

    It'd probably work on me now - as I am bruised by some stupid boy who couldn't control his board *grrr*"

    It's the fault of Catie's post, but that looks euphemism-heavy to me, that's what. Subtext and tension much?

    Also "SO not happening!" could give you that "unlikely romance" thing, and you DID try to throw him to the ground. That's either interpretable as pigtail-pulling or worse.....

    (Heh... or friends like me)

     
  • At 21:56, Blogger Minerva said…

    there's nothing wrong with dreaming about 40+y.o. men, as long as you're not sugar-daddying them. tsk tsk, that would be highly, highly worse. Now I have added Gary Oldman as Dracula onto my list *stupid grin*

    Oh ho Leach, so you kicked him in the back of the knee so he could collapse into your waiting arms eh? eh? eh? *nudge nudge*

    I'm sending over some material to Angi on Wednesday to make her, make me a cloak *luv ya!! :)* Black, swishy one, I can't find enough black panne velvet. Will have to check Liverpool.

     
  • At 23:37, Blogger Alicia said…

    Haha you guys are funny! :D

    Actually the "so not happening" was a "Ew!" at first then I decided it would be nicer to change it. :P

    Of course, if he ever reads this :P to him.

    Oooohh Pun's going to have a nice cloak too! (Maybe she'll get someone to wear it and pretend to be... *stops before gets strangled by pun*)

    And yes Angi, it was meant to be dodgy which is why the writing was in green!

     
  • At 23:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    LMAO, oh whooooo may I ask would I so very kindly ask to dress up in a cloak??? Slash cape?????
    LMAO

     
  • At 15:27, Blogger Catie said…

    the word 'slash' is very appropriate here...

     
  • At 17:09, Blogger Alicia said…

    That's what I was thinking Cat...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home