Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I've applied, I've applied, I'm insane and I've applied

I also have suicidal ideations. So I went to the Honours roadshow and spoke to the Head of Program and another research student. Oi vey. Well she's encouraging people to do it fulltime or at least parttime. And I've put in my application this afternoon after getting 3 referees soooo... they'll send a confirmation letter sometime later.
'pparently they need a research assistant in the area I wanna go in, as in now. They need one now, and they're also encouraging me to go to a research retreat in the 4th Dec. That's too soon, dammit. I don't know. I'll have to see if I really, really, really want to. It's too soon.

Gotta go in to CCU tomorrow coz the educator wants to chat to me before I start. Oh great, that means I have to bus from Liverpool, *sigh* and then, *sigh* maybe I'll go get some cannoli, no no no, bad bad bad.

One more day of uni left! Of this year, and if I wasn't doing Honours, it'd be my final ever! But it's not. Still gotta do homework and hand in tomorrow, for my twit of a lecturer.

Current noise background: brother asleep on couch, Everybody loves Raymond on, but of course, not watching
Current mood: meh
Concurrent webpage: spampage
Current craving: dinner! I am starving! Gotta find something to eat...

Recent purchases:
- remember how I said I ordered a black cloak, well it arrived this morning, I love it, it's quite light, thin, panne, a very pointy top, well made. Yays! I'm all ready for HP now!

NOTE TO KAT:
Why are you taking No Doz anyway? Not healthy if you're becoming dependent on it. 1 tablet per dose, minimum 3 hours between each dose. MAX: 6 tablets/24h. Do NOT take with more caffeine.
Try other techniques to reduce fatigue hon, popping a pill won't solve the problem in the long run. The thing is, if you do have chronic fatigue, caffeine, alcohol, sugars, even gluten products are not recommended. Try fresh vegies, wholegrains, proteins, essential fatty acids. Keep your vitamins and minerals at a normal level. And for goodness sake's get off or at least try weaning yourself off caffeine pills. Who recommended you to take them anyway??

12 witty remarks:

  • At 21:31, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yays! I can whinge more!

     
  • At 11:13, Blogger Catie said…

    yay! we'll all be whinging, the blogs will flourish amidst all the supposed 'work', life will be grand! and very, very, painful.

     
  • At 17:58, Blogger Minerva said…

    Kathryn... *shakes head*
    Don't take No Doz hon. I'm still gonna go for non-caffeine, non-sugars consumables. Ever thought of trying Yerba mate? It's a South American tea, natural stimulant, not caffeine. Works well.

     
  • At 18:55, Blogger Catie said…

    i like coffee. but am not as addicted to it as you might think i would be, me being a uni student and all.
    that's all i have to say. and yeah, all those artificial stimulant thingys sound kinda dodgy to me. but then, i know very little about them, and try to avoid taking painkillers whenever possible *hides from pun's wrath*

     
  • At 19:54, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yerba mate (yur-bah mah-tay): South American tea, works like coffee but without caffeine. You should try it. You can get it in health food stores.

     
  • At 01:09, Blogger Catie said…

    driving lesson at 10:30? you pack alot into your days, don't you?
    aargh! staying at uni til 7pm. sucky. but better than being at uni until 9. depending what you're there for, of course. 'cos trivia is really worth it *grins*
    did i mention we won trivia on wednesday? yay!

     
  • At 14:09, Blogger Minerva said…

    No Doz is not the answer.

    Look on Leach's blog
    Cat, Angi, Leach, Trees, Karen and myself.

     
  • At 17:35, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well not Trees anymore :(

     
  • At 00:45, Blogger Alicia said…

    daww...

     
  • At 15:06, Blogger Alicia said…

    Well, you obviously fixed it... Sometimes it moves down to the bottom...?

     
  • At 18:54, Blogger Catie said…

    did you fix it? sounds strange to me... sometimes my computer doesn't follow the link on the blogs, so if you try typing the address (www.blogger.com/start, pretty simple)maybe that would work?

    noooo... must have more posts! and i'm so close to that toffee apple too! ;)

     
  • At 15:21, Blogger Catie said…

    evil! but haha, i won through in the end! hurrah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home