Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Funny how things catch you off-guard

Fi at church called me Punny today. I looked up thinking, 'Who the?!' coz only you guys call me Punny, which I am fond of btw. And it's bizarre when someone other than school friends call me that. And I was looking around at them with my 'Did-someone-tell-you-to-call-me-that??' face on. Very sus.

Had a good chat with Josh bout going overseas, architecture, his woes etc. I need to go overseas soon, oi Cat! When are we going to London??

You know what I find annoying, well Cat and Angi know this. I just don't understand the whole philosophy behind people who will not take analgesia. I know this is a studied phenomenon mainly in men, but dammit, if it hurts, take some meds. And then they say, "No I don't wanna take it coz if I can handle the pain, I will." But no you twit, it's not for the blimmin' pain, it's a blimmin' anti-inflammatory, analgesia is a bonus side effect. If your wrist's blown up and inflamed, I would take an anti-inflammatory! *ranting ranting*
Why do people focus so much on the analgesic/pain side of a drug when it's concurrent use is of equal if not greater benefit??

Had a better day today, considering I'm fighting with my brother. I swear *mutters swearingly* ok not that swearingly.

Went shopping for the hug cups today, bought a Max Brenner set at Btown DJ. Gonna give the cups to my friend, and also eat all the chocolate. It was reduced to half price, but still it costed $64.50. Eep. Well our presents to each other are $30 max so 2 cups is good, right? Also I'm pigging out on the chocolate. There's chocolate thins, oh wait I'll type it up to make you drool:
- caramelised pecan rolled in praline paste and fine cocoa powder
- Javanese coffee beans rolled in white chocolate mixed with cinnamon
- dark chocolate thins with Ecuadorian cocoa bits
- box of milk chocolate chocolat
Mmmmm... and since my friend doesn't like coffee, all the coffee beans are mine, mine, mine.
Hehehe.

Recent purchases:
- other than Max Brenner set
- Byron Bay cookie company's Gluten free white choc chunk and macadamia cookies

Current background noise: nil
Current mood: well satisfied really, well my back's getting sore again, I took some ibuprofen and forgot to have food with it, oops. And I'm an hour late for the next one, maybe I'll just take 2 panadol instead.
Concurrent webpage: pages and pages of HP ff, I have no hope...
Current craving: dinner and then 2 panadol

16 witty remarks:

  • At 00:32, Blogger Catie said…

    "before your thi- i mean eyes" :P
    watched it again this evening, when i should have been writing my essay which is therefore still unfinished, but about halfway there *sighs*
    now to sleep so that i can attempt to get to uni on time tomorrow.
    oh, and we're going to london in 2007, before i start my post-grad course in the uk. right, punny? :)

     
  • At 00:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    can't do 2007, how bout 2009 or 2010?? oh hell, I'll meet you there.

     
  • At 17:07, Blogger Catie said…

    why not 2007? it will be at the end, so how about 2008? maybe i'll just move there, and then you can come and visit me and have free accomodation :)

     
  • At 17:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    The latter will be best I suspect.
    Pun's next 4 years:
    2006: Honours
    2007: compulsory New Grad Program
    2008/9: working in Australia

     
  • At 17:56, Blogger Alicia said…

    Or possibly i'll move there:
    Oh no! How can I live without the beach/surfing!!?

    Alicia's next 4 years:
    2006-7: Finish degree
    2008-9: Working in Australia... unless other opportunities come my way!

    (See! No marriage in the program! At least I really hope there's not!)

     
  • At 17:57, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol leach is gonna get hitched ;P
    *giggles*

     
  • At 18:18, Blogger Ang said…

    Ang's next 5 years:
    2006: degree continues
    2007: degree continues
    2008: honours?
    2009: Postgrad degree in order to be employable
    2010: degree continues indefinitely

    I'll never have money or life without assignments! *wails* :'(

     
  • At 18:28, Blogger Alicia said…

    And you 'woe comforter' am not?

     
  • At 18:39, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol, woman........... no, no i am not, thank you very much. :P

     
  • At 19:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HIHI!

    ok ive officially posted a blog now so ha! hehe
    How you all goin??
    i saw alicia and catriona today! so i was v happy. made my day!!
    ur blogs r funny pun.
    i feel sik..we're having marinated chicken tonight..yummy!
    what did you all have??

    have a great day moro!!
    i have to work *yeh*
    hehe
    mwa mwa

    hellena

     
  • At 22:29, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay! She did it! *Waves flag for Hellena*

     
  • At 01:02, Blogger Catie said…

    hellena posted! oh frabjous day, callou, callay!
    how was the marinated chicken? i had leftover pie. was nice pie though :)
    'woe comforter'?

     
  • At 10:22, Blogger Minerva said…

    *waves flag* Go Lena go! Congrats, you finally posted. You see it's not that weird, it's just a long-winded conversation ;)
    I had for dinner ciabatta with chicken and antipasti. And dessert I had the rest of my triple choc fudge cookies.
    Currently breakfast is sultana bran with lactose-free milk.

    Ignore woe comforter

    Hehe, real job

     
  • At 18:35, Blogger Alicia said…

    Hm. Forgot about Terrigal...

    Nono, we don't necessarily need to gang up on Cat... We just cheer Angi on!

    *waves "Go Angi Go" flag*

     
  • At 18:52, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol, I can't say "Go! Go!" to anyone coz I'll be getting the toffee apple.

    Just call the damn woman Kat. No need to tell news over the net if you're not gonna say it to us in English ;P

    Yea, I should work at least a day a week next year, coz I expressed an interest in cardio, so now *shrugs*. They may make me work over Christmas...

     
  • At 19:47, Blogger Ang said…

    I'm with Pun, Kat. One can't help but feel deliberately excluded. *growl*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home