Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I got Liverpool!!! *jumps up and down clapping*

Yays!!!! Now I just have to send the paperwork in to defer til 2007. Yays! And Karen got RPA! Yays!!!
However I need to talk to the head of BN(Hons) program about research areas and supervisors. Great. I have to send a statement into the uni about it. The joy of my blimmin' life. But, getting into Liverpool has only just, not made me disappointed in having to type a statement, only just.

Yays!!

Sorry Cat, there were no toffee apples anywhere, I couldn't find any. Would you like something else instead? Perhaps a little jar of brandied cherries?? ;) ;) Oh did you get sick from my food btw? Coz if so, I can't give you any in case of toxins and bad preserving.
If so, I can bring a little jar in on Friday. RSVP asap. Excellent with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream btw. Very brandied, as you know ;)

Study day was good today methought, chatted a lot, ate a lot, chatted a lot, ate some more, listened to some music. So we had cotelli with homemade bolognese, Alex's excellent potato salad (mmmm... good), Turkish bread and homemade curry puffs, and water and lime cordial. And guava nectar and Chinese sponge cake. Yum! I swear, medieval ain't that nad, neither is country, eh Cat? Anyways, the medieval music was by Mediaeval Baebes, yes actually spelt that way *rolls eyes*. But tis good, I swears!

Oh yes Trees, I left half a bottle of Nestea Lemon tea in your fridge, feel free to tip it out and recycle the bottle, please. And could you please bring the Kate Rusby CD I left in your laptop on Friday? And the DPDO 2cd version is yours ;) hehehehe.

I got in Liverpool!!! Yays!! *jumps up but doesn't reach very far*

Current noise background: Satie - Gnossienne 1
Current mood: not-so-elated but hopefully will get there some time
Concurrent webpage: HP ff - JL ship
Current craving: I need dry hair, hair still wet, need dry hair

Yays!!

And thank you for the 'let's move in together' but anyone who does has either suicidal ideations or is completely oblivious to my personality. Like you guys know, I wouldn't be the greatest person to live with. You'll always have food in the fridge yes, but a clean kitchen may be inevitable. ;P

Oh why why why, everytime I plan to be in Newtown at night, Elana Stone's playing at The Vanguard. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

18 witty remarks:

  • At 10:15, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay for Liverpool! *dances for Pun*

    The song looks familar, but it's too hard to place with Hooberstank going on in the background... and i'm not about to turn it of... *effort*

     
  • At 11:42, Blogger Catie said…

    yay! congrats for getting into liverpool! (again)and congrats to karen for RPA!

    brandied cherries w/ ice-cream and whipped cream sounds good. mmm....

    >but a clean kitchen may be inevitable.

    that's a bad thing? of course, it would drive you crazy, but we would get a clean kitchen :p

     
  • At 18:06, Blogger Ang said…

    Belinda Carlisle, In too deep?

    Congrats! (and we do want a clean kitchen. And sure we have suicidal ideations! I mean , right now, I'm imagining living with you and not washing up until 3 hours after a meal....)

     
  • At 18:07, Blogger Ang said…

    Failing that, Summer Rain, I think...

     
  • At 18:24, Blogger Ang said…

    No! WAIT! Belinda Carlisle: Heaven is a place on earth. Please ignore all previous guesses on this song made by me. *is v. slow and only comparartively steady*

     
  • At 18:28, Blogger Minerva said…

    tell me angi... did you use a search engine, coz you know, these comments are rading quite sus...

     
  • At 18:44, Blogger Minerva said…

    noooooo.... why???? but you love us right? you love us?? pleeeeeeease...

     
  • At 20:30, Blogger Alicia said…

    >tell me angi... did you use a search engine, coz you know, these comments are rading quite sus...

    Pun! stop being so mistrustful. If she used a search engine she would have gotten it first go don't you think!??

     
  • At 21:08, Blogger Catie said…

    trees! go to sleep earlier tonight, so that you can come out tomorrow!

    > If she used a search engine she would have gotten it first go don't you think!??
    i concur. how is it more sus to take longer to get it, and have visible thought processes?

    *sings* "suddenly i'm in too deep,to ever get out"
    ang! i thought you were studying *tuts*

     
  • At 21:39, Blogger Minerva said…

    well you know, I'm running outta cherries. And of course I'm suspicious, I'm providing the apples. ;)

    hehe my word verification is ahahn, sounds like I should get a beer, A Hahn perhaps?

     
  • At 22:05, Blogger Catie said…

    summer IS beer season, so why not? and beer is probably about as alcoholic as those brandied cherries ;p
    if you don't want to give me part of your dwindling supply of cherries, that's fine, i'll hold out for the toffee apple. mmm... apples :p

     
  • At 22:27, Blogger Minerva said…

    No no, brandied cherries are already bottled in a jar and in the fridge.

    But Treeeeeeeees....

    Leach - the song is Heaven is a place on earth and it was commented more than 15min after her first guess and the second guess, which of course, would make me sus.

     
  • At 22:42, Blogger Alicia said…

    Still don't understand why it would be sus...

     
  • At 14:13, Blogger Ang said…

    No, I don't understand this mistrust. Don't make me get all resentful, Pun. *pretends to sulk*

    Besides, like evryone else, I'm in this for the fun. If I was going to cheat, it would be (a)cheating, and (b) no fun, and I'd feel all dishonest.

    Also, no offence, but a toffee apple costs a dollar forty at Broadway. If I wanted one that badly, I would just buy one. And also, a search engine would give me the right answer straight off, it wouldn't involve me going "well, it's definitely belinda carlisle... what does she sing? That one! wait, no... That one! noooo... AHA!"and so on.

    *puts on a Cher from clueless accent* That was way harsh Tai.

     
  • At 14:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol yes yes I know I know, I kid, I kid.

    That's why I changed it to 'treat of sorts' on the side. It's strange how I can't find any toffee apples over here... not even at Btown. *smirks* oh actually, I think there are some at the Leb grocery... no no no, I've already got the cherries jarred.

    Cat can share with you if you want *wink wink* Meanwhile, I think there's enough for 2 servings, 3 max. And I'm not sure what to do with the syrup. I guess you can pour it over the ice cream too, or perhaps reduce it down to a more viscous syrup and over more vanilla ice cream.

     
  • At 16:05, Blogger Catie said…

    doo do doo do doo do doo do

    strange... maybe more sleep is a good idea? :p things disappear all the time, its like that book, finders keepers. maybe they have your capsicum right now? also like puns jacket, which freakily disappeared from this house (or somewhere nearby), and is clearly not here now, 'cos we looked everywhere.

    the truth is out there people.

     
  • At 16:16, Blogger Minerva said…

    ok, now I'm reading apples allllll wrong here. Alllll wrong I tell you, all wrong!

    'tis very strange, are you sure Sam didn't come and eat it, or it fell on the floor somewhere, or left somewhere between all the study papers to be eventually found smelling interesting and dried.

    Yes my jacket did disappear, *sob* I liked that cardy, it was a nice, light, springtime cardy, but I think this year we skipped srping and just headed straight into summer.

    Yes, the truth is out there people, my cardy could be on someone, or somewhere in a tip or blocking up a drain hole. And that capsicum and hummus, it could be, I'm telling you, it could have been eaten, by the ghost that haunts Kat's house, or by Sam, or her study papers, yes, her study papers have eaten the hummus, it's true, it could have happened.

    Ok, gotta get back to study now.

     
  • At 16:42, Blogger Ang said…

    no, it's time for you to head towards newtown. Come and see us and howl and so on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home