Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 22, 2005

P & P, well how was it, you say??

Nicht so schlect. Es war... it wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be, lol. Knightley isn't bad as a movie version of Lizzy, the director seems to focus on her face a lot. And the cinematography was very very nice. Especially the 'walking outta the mists' scene. And she has no tits, like I swear *I can picture Trees rolling her eyes here* but like I was saying on the bus back, she ain't got no tits. Not that it's essential, it's just the corset wearing era and she's got nothing to push up.
MacFadyen seems to be a bit stiff for Mr. Darcy, he doesn't seem to show much emotion. I don't know, it just seems to be the same face throughout the film. Hollander as Mr. Collins is hilarious, not as slimy as the BBC version but somehow he's creepily stiff. You'll know what I mean when you watch it.
I love Judi Dench as Lady Catherine de Bourg, she's so... so... she's got all the quirks of how I thought Lady de Bourg would act like.
Rosamund Pike is sooo... pretty as Jane. Sooo... pretty.
3 stars

Then we went to the Loewenbraeu Kellar for a light dinner. All had beers each, I had a Franziskaner Hefe-weissbier Dunkel and Leach had Franziskaner weissbier. Angi had a peach schnapps, Alex had a stein of Loewenbraeu Original, Cat ordered a glass of water and then, a stein of Loewenbraeu Original as well, and didn't finish it! *tsk tsk*. We had an antipasti platter of German cold cuts, pickled veg, potato salad and bread. Calamari with passionfruit sauce, and a $7 garden salad, and Leach had some Wiener Schnitzel.
Shame we didn't have any dessert eh Leach? *nudge nudge*

Then walking back, I proceeded to wet Leach in the back with water, when she upturned the Mt. Franklin on my chest. *hurrumphf* And I still continued putting water on her shirt.

Split our ways, then on the bus back to Lilyfield, Angi and I proceeded to sing parts of the POTO libretto, while Cat had a nap, possibly due to our wonderfully calming voices *hehehehe* Then off to sleep.

Woke up, had some toast and tea, then out to Glebe markets (coz I'd never been), bought a nice looking safety pin among other stuff, went to buy some groceries and I headed off home.

Thank you letting me crash guys, and it was great seeing you all last night. Hope to see you all again on Saturday!

BTW, should I leave like, a bar of soap and a spare toothbrush at Lilyfield next time I come over?? And possibly pjs?





While you sometimes loathe your dark and lonely world you can see the beauty that blossoms around you. You are an artist and mysterious in nature.


Which POTO character are you?
http://www.unending-night.com/quiz/characterquiz.html

18 witty remarks:

  • At 15:09, Blogger Ang said…

    "This isn't my fault, I don't want any part in this plot!"
    Yay!

     
  • At 16:24, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol yes Angi gets it :D

     
  • At 18:51, Blogger Ang said…

    And Catie is Carlotta! hehehehehe.... *falls off chair*

     
  • At 18:58, Blogger Catie said…

    i am not carlotta! o.k., so the quiz says i am, but what does the quiz know anyway? *hmmph* :P
    i liked P&P also, but Mr. Darcy looked better on the posters...

     
  • At 19:42, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, Darcy did look better on the posters...

    And Angi? Angi which character are you?

     
  • At 22:35, Blogger Alicia said…

    Meh, I'm the phantom too... Then I changed my "laughs mockingly" to "surprised and gracious" and I turned into Christine.

    ??

     
  • At 00:09, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol you're Christine, lol *rotf*

     
  • At 00:17, Blogger Catie said…

    leach as christine! hehehehe :)

    i did the quiz again, and i'm stil carlotta! Carlotta!
    "You are a diva! You know that you have talents and you demand respect for them. However, sometimes others don't agree." and i didn't answer any of the carlotta answers, i'm pretty sure... maybe it's the chocolate cake?

     
  • At 01:08, Blogger Alicia said…

    no, it couldn't be, cause i switched between chocolate cake and vanilla icecream with white chocolate sprinkles and that did nothing!

     
  • At 08:11, Blogger Ang said…

    Christine! Ta Da! *twirls*

     
  • At 13:12, Blogger Alicia said…

    Questa!! Maldetta!!

    Of course PUN will have no idea what i'm talking about...

     
  • At 14:31, Blogger Vivian said…

    I'm Carlotta too! Stupid quiz! But after changing one question I became the Phantom...??

     
  • At 15:20, Blogger Minerva said…

    nope, Questa? Maldetta? have no idea

    It's Italian, This something maledetta means cursed. Maldetta means zilch in English.

    Lol, Viv's Carlotta, teeheehee ;)

     
  • At 15:28, Blogger Catie said…

    hehehehe... questa?! maladetta!!
    stoopid christine...
    hey hey, all the cool people are carlotta

     
  • At 16:37, Blogger Minerva said…

    oi...
    all the ones with boyfriends are Phantoms... no not really, one of them has a non-deformed man for a boyfriend, the other one has a dream... ;P

     
  • At 22:12, Blogger Ang said…

    Ahem. I'm a naive victim.

    Also dim asa dying glow worm. (Questa?! Malydetta!!)

    Pun has to read Maskeraaaaaaaaaade....

     
  • At 23:35, Blogger Minerva said…

    yea, I had a feeling it had somehting to do with Terry Pratchett... but I won't I wont, I refuse to :P

     
  • At 00:14, Blogger Catie said…

    aaww, c'mon, just maskerade at least. you read phan fic don't you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home