Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Uggghh... soooo... tired...

But it was soooo good seeing you all (or the people who were there) tonight!

We met up at Dendy, hehe, after I hung about Fish records a bit. Then headed down to Ice + Slice for dinner. Had Bombay Delight, Napolitana and Margherita and garlic bread. Then Angi and Tim shared a Bounty, Cat had a strawberry gelato and I had a Scotch coffee. And of course, we all had various drinks, let's see, Tim had peach nectar, Trees had water, Karen had a Go Mango, Angi and Lena both had Entusiams, Cat had an apple juice and I had an iced lemon tea, after the waiter went for a quest for homemade limonata, but came up with none.

Then Trees left us, she did I say she did. And then we went in for Howl's. AND WONG JOINED US AFTER 10MIN TIME. So Trees, you missed out on seeing Wong!

Howl's: was good, was very good. I like him better with black hair ;) But you know my thing for black hair, blue eyes, six pack (of Coronas). Oooh and broad shoulders, I love those broad shoulders... mmmm... mmm... ;) Yes I don't like guys with blonde hair and blue eyes :P
I'm still a bit confused over the end with Madam Suliman, how she could call off the war so easily, and why, why oh why would anyone cause a war for the sake of one person. And all the magic behind it, I think I have to watch it again to understand it.
But I swear, this must be the only Miyazaki film where the 2 leads kiss, I swear, I've watched all of the Studio Ghibli films and I swear, if I have to hold a marathon, this is the only one where 2 leads kiss. Must be the branching out into the western audience. Meanwhile in comparison to stuff such as Ninja Scroll and Chobits, tis very tame. But still, I love the innocence of Miyazaki films, it reminds me a lot of childhood and simpler times. And there is that certain 'feel' of Miyazaki, not just the music, and the 2D of the art, the kind of adventure and softness of it.
Fav. scene: Hehe, it'd have to be vain hair colour changing to the towel-droppng scene. Hehehe funny ;) Although Sophie and the Witch of the Wastes trudging up the stairs was hilarious!
Everybody I want favourite scenes

Then after, Karen had a macchiato, Wong, Angi and I had bowls of chai latte and we all pretty much shared some Mortal Sin, with ice cream. Mmmm... good. Then took the train home and dropped Wong and Karen off.
I got home around 0135. Very sleepy, but best to post while fresh I believe.

I'm gonna miss Wong and Leach so much when they leave *virtual hugs* Like not kidding, I know, I know, I usually pretend to vomit at sentimentality but I'm gonna miss bantering on and eating and doing stuff with you two over the summer (and autumn and beginning of winter). Really, I'll miss you guys lots.

Things to do:
- study for exams, then for clinical
- sleep
- get Kate Rusby cd off Trees
- get Bride Stripped Bare off Lena
- give Cat brandied cherries

Current background noise: Bonnie Raitt - Road tested - Love me like a man
Current mood: sleepy, I know not a mood
Concurrent webpage: Inadvertant blog (Plagiariser!) hehehe, no no I kid, I kid
Current craving: sleep

Recent purchases:
- Bonnie Raitt - Road tested. It's a CD of her live concert from back in *cough* '95. It's great blues/country music. Great as background music while studying and good in summer as well. Kinda sitting in the backyard, drinking iced tea with your feet up music. Hehe feet up, feet up.

23 witty remarks:

  • At 11:38, Blogger Ang said…

    Dammit! I know that song! But I soooo ca't remember what it's called/who sings it. Is it maybe Hootie and the Blowfish?

    Gaah. Anyway, I've always thought "I will kiss you in four places" was a little sus.

    In other news, could you lend me a copy and paste of your sidebar code formatting template? All I can figure out how to do is links, and you seem to have it down.

    Also, Leach, if you're reading, how do you format the crabdance loading page, asI like to call it? Quel cool idea!

     
  • At 11:41, Blogger Ang said…

    Is it "We may never meet again" Or something like that?

     
  • At 11:44, Blogger Minerva said…

    Go to template and copy and paste the oh I'll email it to you. It's not too hard, seems like you've got it though, coz you've got trivia stars on your sidebar??

     
  • At 11:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh yes, and which 4 places would that be methinks?? I think the forehead, either facial cheek and the lips. But that's me thinking. ;)

     
  • At 11:50, Blogger Minerva said…

    you're on the right track...

     
  • At 12:49, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay! My era! Hunters and Collectors "Throw your arms around me"

    I love that double cd!

     
  • At 12:52, Blogger Alicia said…

    And I thought of it straight away! (Though I put the cd on and skipped to the song to make sure so that Pun doesn't accuse me of search-engining).

    I always remember it as Jordy's favorite song (bar powderfinger)...

    Hahaha!! I stole his couch!! I haven't seen Jordy in a long time... Therese, have you?

     
  • At 13:23, Blogger Minerva said…

    no no I knew Leach would know this song. ;)

     
  • At 13:46, Blogger Ang said…

    Curses!

     
  • At 16:00, Blogger Alicia said…

    Pun: Yay for non-'musical', non female, not-so-current artist!

    Ang:
    < / style >
    crabdance!!
    < / head >

     
  • At 16:13, Blogger Ang said…

    where in the template do I put that? And thanks!

     
  • At 16:26, Blogger Alicia said…

    you put it after style ends (the specifications of text size and stuff) and before head ends...

    You can look at other people's coding (go to >>VIEW >>source)...

    As long as it's not those < $blogsomething$ > thingos.

     
  • At 17:39, Blogger Catie said…

    i was thinking paul mcdermott, but had no idea as to anything else, despite the fact that i know i've heard the original. meh,would have been too late anyway. go leach!

     
  • At 18:07, Blogger Alicia said…

    I know eh! I saw it, went "oh, oh, I know this one... doh, there's 5 comments already..." and when the comment page finally loaded *did a little dance* because it hadn't been gotten yet :D

    My heart was even beating a little faster as I typed it in :P. Oh the thrills of 'guess the song'...

     
  • At 18:18, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol maybe I should put more aussie stuff here. ;)

    i'd be laughing if Leach suddenly went into a cardiac arrest and died of anticipation, ok maybe not laughing.

     
  • At 19:04, Blogger Alicia said…

    more likely to die of lack of meat...

    I just can't be bothered to chew that much!!

    Crunching is alright. It's the multiple chews and the trying to not get it caught in teeth/holes that's the problem...

     
  • At 19:26, Blogger Minerva said…

    dawww... how bout bolognese? Or puree steak like we give the oldies?? ;P

     
  • At 19:30, Blogger Ang said…

    Or mushrooms? Mushy AND full of meaty goodness!

    (my word verification word is "bwobi"! How appropriate for Pun's blog that seems...)

     
  • At 19:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    hehehe bwobi, that's funny, hehehe. *achem*

     
  • At 20:17, Blogger Ang said…

    Now it's jefsrh

    hehehe... sounds like the rustling of bushes on a scary night... try whispering it: it does, honest

     
  • At 22:37, Blogger Catie said…

    you guys are sooo immature...
    *tut tut*

     
  • At 13:31, Blogger Minerva said…

    us? immature?? neeeevaaaaahhhh...

    Poor lil' Leachypoo, I would make you some delicious steamed treacle pud with butterscotch sauce, but no.

     
  • At 00:45, Blogger Catie said…

    don't listen to her anyway, she SAYS she'd make you pudding with sauce, but do i have brandied cherries? i think not, and she said she'd give me some. so :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home