Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Now since I gave you guys such a hard one before, this should be much, much, distressingly easier

The last song was Someone like you by Dinah Caroll on the Bridget Jones' Diary OST. Shame, shame, yea it was a hard one.

As quoting Trees:
"and thus I'll be tearing my hair out.... after all, who can replace Colin Firth as Mr Darcy?! and to have Keira Knightley play Lizzie?!?!??!"
At least it's only 2 hours, not 6 like the series. No, Colin Firth will forever be the Mr. Darcy for ladies born after 1960. I think Matthew McFadyen is for the new generation of screaming girls, such as primary schoolers who would see Colin Firth as a more father figure, hopefully instead of a sugar daddy *rotf*

Oh yea, I forgot to mention my dental update. I gagged several times when my dentist tried to place the xray cord/whatever into the back of my mouth. Hehe, well found out if my tooth isn't wildly outta shape, my bottom R side is growing straight up but my bottom L side is growing into my molars and will push my teeth together and forward. So he said, watch it for a few months and if I notice my teeth coming together, I have to come in and see if it can be removed.
*sigh*

Details for P & P up on spampage. Please take note if coming and respond. Also note dresscode ;)

Yes, I hired out Ladies in lavender and The Piano. Haven't watched The Piano yet but gonna tomorrow. Funnily enough I chose 2 movies with classical scores.
I liked Ladies in lavender, never really watch films with the plots of older women and their coping with maturation and lost love etc. But not bad if not tragic.

Current background noise: Amazon - OST Ladies in Lavender. If anyone wants to listen to violin music, you should listen to this, well and watch the movie.
Current mood: violin music makes me calm
Current craving: tepid water to drink
Concurrent webpage: amazon so I can listen to music, and *sigh* HP ff

Recent purchases:
- soap, lotsa it
- white dress, light, summery, extraordinarily transparent ;) meh $20 from Tree of life
- 3 tops from Colorado - I love sales, and they're actually my size, a miracle I tell you

8 witty remarks:

  • At 14:43, Blogger Catie said…

    wow, karen commented! and guessed a song! hi karen!
    *ahem* anyway, bought a paper today which had a review of P&P, was o.k. but not overly good, apparently the new mr. darcy is more brooding. at least i think that's what it said. not that that's a bad thing...
    how's ladies in lavender? i borrowed the pianist once but never got round to watching it, 'twas a pity.

     
  • At 17:51, Blogger Minerva said…

    I've got The Piano AND The Pianist at home. Which one do you want to watch, or should I bring them both over?

     
  • At 18:22, Blogger Minerva said…

    *cough* finger

     
  • At 22:38, Blogger Vivian said…

    oh really? Anna Paquin voiced Laputa? cool. yeah she was in The Piano. It has a cool soundtrack. Wanna borrow music Trees? I've got to say those Coldplay arrangements are pretty boring....sorry :P they play the same four bars over and over again...

     
  • At 22:52, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay! Where are Karen's stars? I'm going to tape Spirited Away next week, it's the only one I don't own (of the ones playing)!

     
  • At 23:30, Blogger Minerva said…

    stars are up :)
    I had to do a double take there, 'is that really Karen posting??' methought.

     
  • At 12:20, Blogger Catie said…

    the pianist was the one i wanted to see... but at home i currently have all of alicia's studio ghibli collection (thank-you leach!)
    finally watched totoro last night, so cute! and really, really bizarre. yay the cat-bus!
    still like spirited away and howls moving castle best. can't decide which of them is better, erring on the side of spirited away.
    word verification was rsvpp! hehehe

     
  • At 17:17, Blogger Catie said…

    hey, trees, we posted at the same time! and i only just noticed! hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home