Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Serenity with Angi & Cat

Thank you guys for the great night, had lots of fun, lots of laughs, lots of food... too much food... *yes Leach, it's blasphemy* sooo much food, going to be uggh now :) Thank you for picking me up and dropping me off as well you guys *squeezes hard* hope you get to eat the cake, wear the clothes, and breathe through your nose soon (to Angi) ;)

Serenity was good, noooooo... why??? Nooooo... don't die... I figure I can say this coz I don't think anyone else watches Joss Whedon shows. Noooo... Waaaaaasssshh... and he's the funny guy tooo. Noooo... Well yes we definitely know who won't be in the second season. A tad more gruesome/violent than I thought it would be. Whedon style jokes throughout the movie, so funny in bits. It's good they went into River's history, always wondered what was up with her character. Also nice-looking doctor. Extraordinarily, shippy moment there between Simon and Kaylee. Sooooo shippy I was rolling my eyes and groaning, also Angi kept prodding me whenever I did that ;P
All in all, good for fans of scifi or Whedon in general. Might be a bit too much for non-scifi fans, what do you think ladies?

Serenity quiz - Which character are you?
'pparently I'm Capt. Mal Reynolds
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=79387

Also had light dinner at Pacific Palm Breeze cafe, or Palm Breeze cafe, or Pacific Breeze cafe, one of those. Had a mezze plate for 3 or was it 2 (he was quite confusing), bbq octopoti salad, I had a Pacific cocktail, Angi had a oh oh darnit it was the green one with apple, and Cat had a strawberry cocktail. Then I had sticky date pudding and a Vienna coffee, Angi had a creme brulee with a chai latte and Cat had an iced chocolate with strawberry gelato. Although poor Cat had a dried out and salted tongue after eating copious amounts of popcorn ;)

Then had a little drive around and chat back at my house, which included trying on clothes which I was gonna ebay off. Good, good saves me taking photos, putting them up and not getting scammed. That means that Cat now owns an XL dress, which sadly is a tad small for me. I swear, HK labels are very dodgy when Cat's like nearly 20cm smaller than me. She looks very acolytish in it *not a word I know*. Don't spill anything on it woman!

Anyways tis past 0200 now, must read today's fanfic and head to sleep, although I think I better stay sitting up for a bit longer.

NOTICE:
Pride and Prejudice on Friday arvo possibly. If so, I'm not heading out to the city on Tuesday.
Anyone?
Pulling Angi & Cat into it.
Yes lovers of Colin Firth and the BBC *speaking for myself as well* David and Margaret gave good reviews 4.5 and 4 stars respectively so I can't resist going to see it.

Ok better be going now.

Current background noise: my brother has rage on, not like I wanna listen to it
Current feelings: very full, slightly constipated but doesn't everyone feel like that after a big meal??
Concurrent webpage: Lily/James fanfic *oooh, whoever got me into HP FF...*
Word of the day: latte ;P

5 witty remarks:

  • At 13:16, Blogger Alicia said…

    Oh no one has commented yet... i'll make a stab:
    POTO
    I remember??
    Christine?

    Probably wrong... but *shrugs* i'm first!?

     
  • At 13:47, Blogger Minerva said…

    Wrong and wrong, but Kat is close, I suggest she not use other people coz this other person has got a very obvious answer wrong. First one up with all correct answers wins.

    Nahh... if I'm gonna pop in on Friday, I won't head in on Tuesday. I'm gonna do my shopping all in one go.

     
  • At 18:13, Blogger Catie said…

    so, i'm going for POTO, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Christine, Point of no return.
    yay serenity! thanks again for the dress, i'm wearing it today, no matter that it's cold. I ended up kinda tied b/w Kaylee and Simon Tam (also Zoe). Kinda weird.
    Yay also P&P! i think i'll try to single-handedly keep sydney's cinemas open, since they keep closing on me :(

     
  • At 18:18, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, and when i say tied, i mean in the quiz, not in my dreams or the movie or something, cos that would be weird. being tied between kaylee and simon could be awkward...
    and new darcy looks pretty good, not as old as you might expect, but then, that's all to the good :)

     
  • At 18:23, Blogger Minerva said…

    No kidding, I thought you were having a very interesting dream Cat ;P ;P
    Didn't know you were into that Cat ;P lol

    Yes will post P&P details on Thursday morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home