Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, January 06, 2006

Survey, a newer one than before, take your time in answering, I want details!

Also went shopping recently, AND I got my final reference!! Yays!! So now just a JOP and then I can register. Yays!!! And pay $60... noooo...

Current background noise: Green Day - Bullet in a Bible - I love Green Day, dammit, dammit, dammit, I missed the concert *wails loudly*
Current craving: *still wailing*
Concurrent webpage: HP ff

Recent purchases:
- Mediaeval Baebes - Worlds Blysse - on amazon, should be arriving mid Jan sometime
- Apricots on the Nile - Colette Rosant
- LP World Food Portugal - let's go to Portugal too! But I find the lack of vegetables disturbing, I'd love to know the health priorities of Portugal...
- LP World Food Morocco - well self explanatory
- Jamie Oliver's Oliver's Twist DVD - well it was $10 and it's got the chocolate episode on it...
- Sideways DVD
- Monty Python Spamalot CD!!!
- 2 calendars - good, I needed some coz I was getting very confused looking at December and trying to organise the next month accordingly.
- Counter Meal: stories & recipes from great Australian pubs - David Carr & Ned Meldrum

Need to buy:
- 2 frypans - at Peter's of Kensington next week


1. Alias: minerva_qm
2. Age: 20
3. Current location: In my room, at my laptop, bored outta my mind, oh wait it's just a location question.
4. Current background noise: my teeny fan on the highest power it has, go little fan, go, you can do it... and Green Day - Hitchin' a ride
5. Concurrent webpage: HP fanfic
6. What time did you wake up today? Yikes, sometime around 1200. Need to wake up at a reasonable hour to set myself back into a normal sleep schedule.
7. Your first thoughts upon waking up? "Dehydrated, hot, blankets too hot *kicks blankets hot* not bothered pulling down chemise *pulls blanket over waist again* gaahhh... too hot"
8. Do you shower daily? Yes
9. The shoes you wore today: My reefs, so comfy I love them, even though I've got eh unfortunate thong tan... then I changed my mind and wore my Playboys ;)
10. When was the last time you went and bought underwear for yourself? Not too long ago actually, just the beginning of December, went and bought a strapless black bra, and also went to the sales at Sydney Showgrounds, bought 3 bras there. And I like all of them, it's a first I tell you.
11. Do you have holes in your underwear? (answer honestly) Yes, yes I do, I swear I'm chucking them away though... I also have an abundance of 16B bras at home which I don't wanna chuck away but since I'm a 16C, 16Bs are pretty pointless to me. Someone tell me what to do with them!!
12. Your favourite chocolate: Max Brenner dark chocolate powder with orchid oil. The Mexican chocolate's not bad either. Lindt dark cocoa 60% chocolate balls.
13. Your perfect pizza: Woodfire oven tandoori chicken pizza with natural yoghurt. And Mario's bruschetta pizza.
14. Your perfect dessert: Oooh... herrenbecher in any season is lovely. That is brandied sour cherries with vanilla icecream and whipped cream. Steamed treacle sponge with butterscotch sauce is absolutely delicious as well! If anyone wants a try, I can make one at a weekend getaway. ;)
15. Your favourite cocktail/drink: Bombay Sapphire G&T, I'm currently going through a cordial phase, specifically Cascade blackcurrant cordial. I think it's coz of the temperature and I need something to sweeten my tongue. But then again, it's so severely diluted 1:12...
16. Your bedtime: whenever I want, lately it's been sometime after the cock crows so around 0400 (I kid you not, one day I'm gonna go across the street and murder that rooster)
17. What do you listen to to relax? Hmmm... Kate Rusby is great relaxing music imho. Loreena McKennitt for relaxing and studying, specifically the The Mask & the Mirror and The Book of Secrets albums. Also Lady sings the blues or some Classical Piano.
18. Any consumables while relaxing? Yea baby, in winter a large bowl of tea, in summer a large coke glass of iced water or my current phase, severely diluted cordial. It must be my Chinese-catered tastebuds, Indian and Leb sweets are much too sweet for me, and I find Thai food sickeningly sweet. So I guess that's why I prefer water to cordial.
19. What books are you reading currently? LWW, Jane Austen's Guide to Dating, Quechua phrasebook, Mists of Avalon (I know, I know). LP WF Portugal.
20. How many more books do you plan on reading for the coming year? Hehe, way too many. I need to finish: Year of Wonders, POTO, Dracula, The Wild Reel, The Sultan's Harem, Inventing Memory (from Leach), Screwtape letters, Eragon and Ancestors of Avalon (a severe detraction from the genius of Marion Zimmer Bradley I must say). And I have to start The Tree of life, Jin-Shei and many many more. You know, it's somewhat good that my obssession with books right now is pretty much 50% with cookbooks. If it was more than 30% historical fantasy and 20% quirky stuff, my whole room would be even more of a fire hazard.
21. What languages would you like to learn? Spanish and Arabic (work related but Spanish I've always loved), French (so I can pronounce it correctly, and also understand the menus in Manners for Women), Welsh (I find it amazing people can survive on such a lack of vowels), Hindi (Bollywood films!!)
22. Wanna go to Max Brenner? Yes, yes I do. Well maybe not too soon.
23. Have any current unhealthy obssessions? I don't think obssessions are unhealthy unless they: emotionally, socially, physically or financially harm you. You see reading HP fanfic does not harm me in any way, except for my laptop overheating coz it's on too long. Well, it's always on too long anyway, because I'm reading something or another...
24. Any healthy obssessions?? Yes, reading fanfic. Mostly HP now, occasionally POTO but I'm completely off Stargate... because the main shipping couple has got together and the UST is now ST? So it's not that much fun to read it now. Also I'm not obssessed with Stargate Atlantis so I haven't read any of SGA's fanfic.
25. Do you want to get married... ever? I'm sure somewhere deep inside me, I'll be craving my Russian-mail-order-husband, but currently no. Should I be feeling my biological clock ticking away?? I mean, I know I look around 22/23 and I act supposedbly 22/23 around work, but I am only 20. Oh yes, the Russian mail order husband thing is an extremely old joke. As I was introduced to feminism and equality in years 7, 8 and 9, I always thought "Why are there Russian-mail-order brides?? Why can't there be Russian-mail-order-husbands?? It's not fair! That's it, I'm gonna get a Russian-mail-order-husband." So it's not that I'm desperate to get married, I'm just expressing my view on equality. ;)
26. Do you like children? I eat children for breakfast. Well you never know, if God places a husband in my life and that husband is apparently fertile... accidents happen. ;) It's still a C-section if any, dude, I like my hips where it is. Also there's worse stuff than just rippage though *cover your eyes if you don't wanna read this* with the amount of kids women could have, and with age, you never know, your genitals could turn out looking like a Picasso ;P ;P ;P
27. What kind of living arrangements do you want in the future? Not in the city, a bit further out than the 'burbs somewhere. A bungalow with disabled access and appropriate room sizes. I'm just thinking of the future. We're all gonna get old and there's no way in hell you're gonna put a nurse into a nursing home, so I wanna live at home with the proper spaces, equipment etc. It's even more realistic to me after doing this degree and just looking after people who are restricted in some way. And grandma's also in a wheelchair.
28. Where would you most like to visit? Nepal and India is pretty high on my list. Morrocco, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, France (not during riot time), Italy, Germany and Austria. Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Hebrides, well the Islands, I wouldn't mind popping down to Minack Theatre for a show ;) South America again and Central America, but this time with Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico.
29. Goals for the future: stay in as many countries and get to know the people as well. Not the drive-thru countries, as in stay for at least a month per country, even if it is Liechtenstein. Ok well maybe not Liechtenstein.
30. New Year's resolutions? Get through Honours without kicking myself up the arse. Nor lose my clinical skills.

22 witty remarks:

  • At 23:45, Blogger Catie said…

    good riddance, green day!
    this'll be a long comment, would you rather it emailed?
    you have spamalot?!? damn i really have to visit you soon...

     
  • At 23:50, Blogger Minerva said…

    hehehe, I love that song.
    Comment, comment!

     
  • At 00:52, Blogger Catie said…

    1)Alias: I'm cat! Hi everybody!
    2)Age: 19
    3)Location: Kitchen table at home in Canberra
    4)Background Noise: Running water. Soothing yet annoying for the bladder.
    5)Concurrent webpage: Nosemugger and deviantart
    6)What time did you wake up: Before 12! 11 something, to my surprise.
    7)Your first thoughts upon waking up?: What time is it? Why did I just jerk awake like that? Should I get up or lie in bed and read?
    8)Do you shower daily: Yes
    9)The shoes you wore today: none, i just wandered the house barefoot
    10)When was the last time you went and bought underwear for yourself: Erm, dunno, I get other people to buy underwear for me :) hey, that sounded all wrong, i mean my mum, my gran, pun... thanks by the way :)
    11)Do you have holes in your underwear: I think I threw all the holey ones out! finally! so no.
    12)Your favourite chocolate: cherry ripe, lindt mint lindor balls, really dark chocolate, snack...the list goes on
    13)Your perfect pizza: underwear and food... you made this quiz, didn't you? but pizza- supreme, wood fired morrocan lamb, most things from that place on glebe pt rd... mmmm...
    14)Your perfect dessert: chocolate mousse, apple dumplings, gelato or basically most things involving chocolate and/or cream. or fruit salad.
    15)Your favourite cocktail/drink: I still like baileys and milk.
    16)Your bedtime: i try to sleep at around 12... so around 2-3 am most nights
    17)What do you listen to to relax: Jack Johnson, Kings of Convenience to put me to sleep, mostly Bic Runga and Coldplay
    18)Any consumables while relaxing: most relaxing pastime is reading a book and listening to music while eating a box of chocolates. it's got everything, what could be better?
    19)What books are you reading currently: Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Unusual, and interesting, but both meant in a good way. Am curious as to what will happen. And theoretically also the Canterbury Tales.
    20)How many more books do you plan on reading for the coming year: About 50? hmmm... i don't think i have anything much lined up, except that i want to hijack everyone elses Christmas books before I go back to Sydney. So please suggest things! Will see if there are any fantasy series being finished, will of course read any new Discworld or Kerry Greenwood/Phrnye Fisher book that comes out.
    21) What languages would you like to learn: Cantonese or mandarin (too hard to learn both), better French, Spanish, Russian. I doubt it’ll happen though
    22) Wanna go to Max Brenner: always.
    23) Have any current unhealthy obsessions: the internet?
    24) Any healthy obsessions: the internet? Not so much.
    25) Do you want to get married... ever: I guess. But how can I decide that right now, I’m 19 and have no boyfriend. I don’t think it’s the right state to be making life decisions like that.
    26) Do you like children: Not nice to call all possible future children accidents, pun. Yeah, they’re o.k.
    27) What kind of living arrangements do you want in the future: a house/apartment in the city! That is, until I move into glass library in the Hebrides. It’ll need some work to make it practical…
    28) Where would you most like to visit: Everywhere! Peru, New York, India, Russia, Rome and Venice, Greece, Morrocco, Egypt and Istanbul, Petra, the whole UK particularly those islands off the top of Scotland, Norway, Finland etc., Iceland, Newfoundland, Milford Sound, Uluru…
    29) Goals for the future: get a job, save some money and then travel! Finally finish my degree, find a career which actually interests me, at least get a date with a member of the opposite sex…
    30) New Year's resolutions: Kick bad habits, be nicer to people and not at all passive aggressive (am I? I don’t know, I live in dread…) Other than that, nothing.

    You know this comment is over a page long?

     
  • At 02:15, Blogger Minerva said…

    Hehehehe, underwear and food, of course I wrote this quiz ;) ;) ;)

    What is Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell about? I always see that book at the shops but I have no idea what it's about.

    Yes, tis a long comment, but it keeps me off ff for at least 3 minutes.

    More people do 'em please. That means you Angi, Viv & Trees. I know you're out there somewhere.

    Oh Cat, you've noticed my booklist. I didn't even check that coz I thought people wouldn't notice it. It's a semi-wishlist/interesting sounding/frivolous booklist. I always have several pieces of paper with booknames on them lying around my room and I got sick of having to clean it up so I finally compiled them and popped them up for my own easy access. As you know, I have a terrible tendency to buy books before reading them *shakes head*. And now I can wipe off what still sounds buy-able over the months. Also I popped it up as Dec. 1 at 0000 coz I wasn't bothered setting up a webpage solely for a booklist, so I just made a post of it. Also I've prevented comments to be placed on that post now. Thank you for reminding me ;) Oh A= Abbeys, G=Galaxy, K=Kinokuniya. But it's usually more expensive than Abbeys so that's why, I don't think, I have any K's on. That was a very long explanation...

     
  • At 17:21, Blogger Catie said…

    well, i deleted my comments too from the booklist. thanks for the explanation!

     
  • At 01:05, Blogger Catie said…

    people really not doing survey, despite all your attempts pun. :( sucky. why not dammit people? i took the time out of my busy schedule...
    how's things going, anyway? i got sunburnt today. yay. but i found the talking wall! thanks kathryn for your vital information.

    stupid word verification! i swear i got it right but i have to keep re-typing... grrr...

     
  • At 17:12, Blogger Minerva said…

    I know eh, they don't love me, that's what. They just don't love me. *tears start to well up*

     
  • At 19:25, Blogger Ang said…

    Heh. "what's your favourite type of pizza? Underwear and food." Is it only me who found that amusing? You realise that, as pizza toppings go, ham and pineapple are a more traditional duo....

     
  • At 20:29, Blogger Vivian said…

    1. Alias: winterstorm
    2. Age: 19 (a youngun)
    3. Current location: In my room, at my computer, being bugged by Pun on the phone to do this survey
    4. Current background noise: the quiet hum of the computer
    5. Concurrent webpage: my blog, Jazz's blog, Symphony in the Domain: Gershwin's World
    6. What time did you wake up today? 9:20
    7. Your first thoughts upon waking up? "oh good it's only 9:20" as had a dream about sleeping in til 5pm
    8. Do you shower daily? Yes
    9. The shoes you wore today: None, stayed at home all day!
    10. When was the last time you went and bought underwear for yourself? Can't remember, my mum bought me a whole stack from HK last year
    11. Do you have holes in your underwear? not to my knowledge...
    12. Your favourite chocolate: Lindt balls - hazelnut or milk chocolate
    13. Your perfect pizza: I'm not much of a foodie but woodfire stuff is good.
    14. Your perfect dessert: really depends what mood you're in...
    15. Your favourite cocktail/drink: On a daily basis, water. On a non-daily basis, Max Brenner's dark choc frappe
    16. Your bedtime: around 11pm
    17. What do you listen to to relax? -Is this question basically asking what you like to listen to? Switchfoot, Motor Ace, Hoobastank, The Whitlams, Keane, Maroon 5, and more recently, Jay Chou (LOL, I am so going to get bagged out, bwahahaha)
    18. Any consumables while relaxing? Coffee or tea or ice-cream
    19. What books are you reading currently? Encouragement:The key to caring (a ministry book), and supposedly 1 Corinthians, although got stuck on ch.3 for a long time. And I recently finally got around to reading The da Vinci Code.
    20. How many more books do you plan on reading for the coming year? I have no idea..hopefully at least one!
    21. What languages would you like to learn? Mandarin, or at least improve my Cantonese, would prob come in handy for work later, French cos it sounds cool, Hebrew and ancient greek so I can read the Bible in it's original language
    22. Wanna go to Max Brenner? Yes
    23. Have any current unhealthy obssessions? Well I guess so - keep thinking about cutting and suicide, on an on-and-off basis, though thankfully haven't attempted either. Other than that, browsing Wikipedia articles.
    24. Any healthy obssessions?? Is there such thing as a healthy obsession?
    25. Do you want to get married... ever? Probably, I don't think I would like to live by myself anyway.
    26. Do you like children? Not really, at least, they don't seem to like me much.
    27. What kind of living arrangements do you want in the future? I went to someone's house in Hunter's Hill to watch the NYE fireworks, and went WOW at all the mansions and the magnificent view they have. But probably will not happen unless I marry someone with a lot of money. It'd be nice to have view of Sydney harbour though.
    28. Where would you most like to visit? Japan, China, Europe...Germany, Italy, Switzerland, etc, etc.
    29. Goals for the future: get a better self-esteem, continue doing God's work in some form, play music, write music, get job so I can save money and buy a guitar
    30. New Year's resolutions? Resolve to do something...hmmm..resolve? Resolve is such a strong word...

     
  • At 20:29, Blogger Vivian said…

    oh, hi cat!

     
  • At 20:30, Blogger Catie said…

    but they're so boring!

     
  • At 20:30, Blogger Vivian said…

    hey that is weird, the comment i just posted came before cat's, which was already there

     
  • At 23:23, Blogger Catie said…

    yah, and i didn't see viv's comment til now either. so now we comment sounds weird... talking about ham and pineapple pizza!

    hi to viv! and encouragement. i think that lots of people can struggle with those obsessions, which is just to say that you can come through! really. not that it isn't really really sucky. but yeah, these things will not necesarily consume your life, if that worries you. i suck at encouragement. but just general love and support to you! *gives virtual lindt balls* and by all this i mean browsing wikipedia of course, i know that it's hard now but someday you will reach the end of all those hyperlinks ;)

     
  • At 01:45, Blogger Minerva said…

    Quoted by viv
    "What do you listen to to relax? -Is this question basically asking what you like to listen to?"
    Nope, because I listen to Green Day to get me up and hyper for the day. Heart and Belinda Carlisle for the same but to a lesser degree. Cranberries while I'm cooking, and that's to keep me moving.

    Ok, out of 3, why does only 1 person buy their own underwear??? (c'est moi) is it because I have noone to go underwear shopping with?? Sounds kinda sad actually. *sits on the ground and starts drawing aimlesss patterns in the dirt*

    Thank God you haven't attempted anything. But if ever you do, please call us beforehand, otherwise I'll be tempted to pull back sleeves and lift skirts.
    *Note to people out there, never wear skirts around Pun. You have been warned.

     
  • At 20:04, Blogger Ang said…

    Clearly, Cat, in comparison, you do not suck at encouragement. PUN sucks at encouragement.

    Hope life gets better Viv, and don't worry, everyonethins like that sometimes, it's just that most people are too afraid of Pun's overreactions to say so.
    ;)

    Also, are you coming to Maroubra, viv?

     
  • At 20:54, Blogger Minerva said…

    Also Angi do the survey! Please... pretty please...

     
  • At 00:43, Blogger Catie said…

    hmmm... im a bit more worried about pun with the lifting skirts thing than anyone else... i think i'll stick too jeans :p
    oh, it's too hot, scrap that.
    why buy your own underwear when someone else will do it for you?

     
  • At 11:15, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Alias: I love that show!
    2. Age: 20
    3. Current location: in front of a computer
    4. Current background noise: air-con is blasting away
    5. Concurrent webpage: n/a, I'm doing this in WordPad, for fear of the computer eating my survey!
    6. What time did you wake up today? 6.42 to 7.12
    7. Your first thoughts upon waking up? "aargh! shut up!" (to my alarm)
    8. Do you shower daily? No, yearly. :)
    9. The shoes you wore today: Black boring 'work' shoes
    10. When was the last time you went and bought underwear for yourself? was this survey written by pun? who else would have such a fixation...?
    11. Do you have holes in your underwear? apart from the ones you put your legs or arms through, no.
    12. Your favourite chocolate: Ferrero Rochers, Lindt Dark (70% or 85%)
    13. Your perfect pizza: Anything woodfired, with loads of tomato!
    14. Your perfect dessert: tiramisu! yum! Or fruit salad / mango pudding (slightly healthier :D)
    15. Your favourite cocktail/drink: mango lassi
    16. Your bedtime: 10pm to midnight, depends
    17. What do you listen to to relax? -The Idea of North: "The Sum of Us", Jack Johnson, Josh Groban
    18. Any consumables while relaxing? Yoghurt
    19. What books are you reading currently? Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics. Scary, huh? :)
    20. How many more books do you plan on reading for the coming year? I never plan to read books, it just happens.
    21. What languages would you like to learn? I want to re-learn French. (see 23)
    22. Wanna go to Max Brenner? No. (I just want to see what Pun will say!)
    23. Have any current unhealthy obssessions? ...Don't we all...? AMELIE!
    24. Any healthy obssessions?? Running - it's torture at the time, but you feel heaps better afterwards.
    25. Do you want to get married... ever? Someday... who knows when...
    26. Do you like children? Yes, especially 1 to 3 year old babies. (You should see our friends' daughter..... so cute!)
    27. What kind of living arrangements do you want in the future? somewhere in the suburbs, with green stuff around.
    28. Where would you most like to visit? France! (see 23)
    29. Goals for the future: 4 more yrs of uni! (Firstly, get through honours without being stressed to the max, then do a Ph.D) Then I can be a researcher!
    30. New Year's resolutions? too many to mention :) Oh, ok, here's one: NOT to let Pun pressure me into filling out time-wasting surveys again.

    PS guess who?

     
  • At 17:57, Blogger Catie said…

    hmm... i saw 'anonymous' and thought kathryn, then "black work shoes" and thought maybe angi, so was thinking either of them but fiber optics suggested trees and then amelie as an obsession just backed that up. hi trees!

     
  • At 18:50, Blogger Minerva said…

    Heya Trees!!! :D No need for me to abuse you... yet. ;P

    lol, quoting *cough* anonymous
    22. Wanna go to Max Brenner? No. (I just want to see what Pun will say!)

    *Pun stares stupidly at screen for around 11 seconds, then sudden pain grips chest, Pun chokes on her own oxygen and falls off her chair to the floor, gasping for breath*

    Yes, now you all should be rushing over to my house to check if I'm still alive. Come on now, what's stopping you?

     
  • At 23:51, Blogger Catie said…

    meh, too late now, you're most likely already dead ;p

     
  • At 13:51, Blogger Vivian said…

    I think I'll be coming to Maroubra, but perhaps not on the Friday, cos there's youth group.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home