Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

You know I'm a lot more burnt than I thought I was...

My face is red, my shoulders, arms, the curve of my shirt on the front AND the back. BUT, my back, my back, the part where my hair convered my back is still white dammit, dammit, dammit. So now it looks like I was wearing a weird shaped halter neck. *grumble*

So, today was the Botanical Gardens picnic. We started at 1300 after walking for a little shady spot. Loz made some absolutely decadent and deadly dark chocolate and caramel slices *drools* and some fresh and myummy sushi. And also brought a great picnic pack provided by zee good people at Breakfast Point. I brought in some grilled eggplant, zucchini, carrot sticks, tomatoes, bread, spinach empanadas and a whole, large uneaten cucumber. And cheese, we forgot the cheese!! Ah well, more for me. ;) Also some sangiovese, remind me not to buy that Rosemount 2004. Karen brought in lotsa juice ;) after trampling her way to a supermarket (you see, she doesn't go much), Kat brought in a delicious fruit salad which we also put in zee juice to make some punch. Cat bought a roast chicken which consequently got covered in ants (Leach would've probably eaten that half t'were it not ant-infested) and Viv brought in lemonade and breakfast juice.
I had great fun today guys, thank you all for turning up, and especially Loz coz we see her so much less than we want to! ;) There was much chatter, much laughing and much observing of one-legged pigeons. There was also discussion of Gerringong and no Gerringong. More news of that on Spampage.

So after, Loz and Viv headed home, after much bag-swapping, wallet-handling, and well-meaned hugs ;) We met up with Karl, or is it Carl?? And took a bus to Chinatown, where we walked around for awhile until we settled for Japanese noodles for dinner. Mmmm... zaru soba... And zen we headed on home after running for zee train. I took a taxi home *mumbles stupid cityrail* I swear, they are gonna drive me up the wall this month.

So I gotta call LPL hospital tomorrow morning and ask if Phil's there to be my referee and if it is possible, I gotta take the bus to Cabra, then the train to LPL. *grumbles*

Current background noise: Boston Legal - yea baby
Current mood: arrrgh I'm burnt, arrrgh need moisturiser, arrrrgh need water, arrrgh
Concrurrent webpage: none, currently fixing zee photos

SONG CONTEST BACK UP
PICNIC JAN 06 UP IN MY photobucket

12 witty remarks:

  • At 12:24, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pun!! don't talk about me on the web!!

     
  • At 17:22, Blogger Catie said…

    hehe, you'll get sued!

    crazy little thing called love by queen and also covered by michael buble.

    and wasn't it a great picnic! also really good japanese food. mmm... prawn tempura... :)

     
  • At 17:29, Blogger Minerva said…

    *achem* I'm gonna assume that person issss... starts with a K, ends with an -athryn ;P

    I can't see no defamation there. ;P

     
  • At 18:32, Blogger Catie said…

    uh, by the way, i can't find jazz's blog address. could someone give it to me? not that i expect she's updated, but it would be nice in case :)

     
  • At 18:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    It's on the sidebar now :)

     
  • At 23:27, Blogger Ang said…

    Dammit! I missed the picnic again. Stupid work. I never see any of you people these days except Cat, and then only briefly, and stiltedly on account of my having to have a hanger-on rather than opportunity to provide tea and sympathy. And our fridge exploded. And a bit of my car broke off. And I had a totally sucky day on Tuesday anyway, so I missed out doubly.

    *hates everything, incl. self for abandoning Cat*

     
  • At 00:22, Blogger Catie said…

    aaww, sorry for sucky day, and breaking car. i had a sucky day monday if it's any consolation :(
    don't hate everything, especially not yourself, sorry to cause such, is unecessarily harsh. sometimes having unexpected extra people turn up is more disconcerting than others, but sitting down with a nice dvd to yourself is generally very restorative.
    anyway, i'm in canberra now, so consider it as me abandoning you all :) mwahahaha, oh, wait, canberra, what was i thinking? nah, it's good, and there are multo people dropping through this week, so that should be exciting :)

     
  • At 01:15, Blogger Catie said…

    thankee thankee for linking jazz's blog! and there's a new post!!! (well, from since I last checked it)
    she's alive!

     
  • At 01:18, Blogger Minerva said…

    Shame about the sucky day. But you know what won't be sucky?? When you come out with us on the 21st Jan to Gershwin's World for the Sydney Festival. That won't be sucky. Come! Come! Including people who would be in Canberra. ;P

    Which part of your car broke off??
    AND what did you wear to the 20s party coz I need ideas...

     
  • At 00:44, Blogger Catie said…

    not going to gershwin, so :p

    are you dressing up 20s style? 'tis great fun! things like sequinned headbands with feathers, feather boas and generally anything with feathers are good. or turbans if you want ('oriental' style was in)and low waisted dresses. could prob get away with wearing black pants. very straight cut of everything, but sequins, feathers or fringe. fringe-y flapper dresses are cool. i can lend you a headband, except i'm in canberra.
    i know you weren't asking me, but i get very enthusiastic about 20s dress-ups...

     
  • At 09:18, Blogger Ang said…

    Electric blue satin shift with a bit of fringing. You can borrow my outfit if you like, Pun.

     
  • At 13:48, Blogger Minerva said…

    Mind if I try it on next time I'm at there? Otherwise I've got something else in mind but it's not very 20s.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home